Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
 Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster? Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster?

+3
oksoccer
05GKdad_Tulsa
soccerschmuck
7 posters

Go down

Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster? Empty Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster?

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:55 pm

How does everyone feel about a coach giving privates (obviously for pay) to one of their own players?
Has anyone seen this cause problems for the team?
Should club allow it?

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster? Empty Re: Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster?

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:09 pm

I say not a good idea by the coach, gives bad appearance. I know some (3 diferent coaches w/ 3 different players) who do/have.

In the last instance, it didn't cause a problem, as far as I know, but the boy was already the team star.

I think it would be hard for clubs to enforce.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster? Empty Re: Should Club/Competitive coach give Privates to someone on their roster?

Post by oksoccer Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:17 pm

I have seen multiple players get privates from the coach they play for. I don't see that there should be an issue with it.

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Worst Case Soccer Parent Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:56 am

No way - conflict of interest

Worst Case Soccer Parent

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Could coach show favoritism? Maybe. I know of at least a few instances I can think of. However, most coaches my kids have trained with can/have remained unbiased. One pro is coach knows you better, they've seen you play and know what work you need. I think it all depends on the coach.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Still don't really see how this is conflict of interest if your coach is doing his job and developing kids. Coach knows weakness of player best and what they need extra work towards improving.

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by trev06 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm

I say it creates a conflict of interest and it leads to that player getting more games, more playing time, and just more opportunities. Coaches have egos and reputations to uphold and they will want to see that player make progress just a little bit more than a regular player. That may not become an issue with parents on a given team, but what happens if one or more parents from that team asks for privates too? I think it is better for the coach to not put themselves in that position.

trev06

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 am

No. Creates conflict that a position and coach can be bought. Whether true or not. It creates an undercurrent of jealousy on team. One caveat is that every once in a while okay if coach wants to work on something that benefits the team. But should be done sparingly and nothing consistent

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum