Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

+17
oksoccer
itsyouthsoccer
Tar Heel
FUBAR
SSD2004
04eastside
OFC04DAD
upper90
Sparky
ENERGYFC04
Gunners006
t-town05
letthekidsplay
05GKdad_Tulsa
bird04
cosmos04
archer
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) Empty 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by archer Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:58 pm

As we go forward and play each other we should set up a watch list of players for this super team we want to build for OK. This will be interesting to see in the weeks to come.

I would submit the following criteria - No you cannot post your own kids from your own team. Just team name and player number and position and a little game detail.

archer

Back to top Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) Empty Re: 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by cosmos04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Ofc- number 3 attacking mid
Blitz-number 22 center mid

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch) Empty Re: 04 Girls Hotlist (Players to watch)

Post by bird04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Blitz #20 and #13 and #1. There are others from other teams, but I don't know their #'s. Great idea for a topic!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Also, goalie for Blitz is good.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:08 pm

I'd say strikers from Kitterman (#3 & #17), left mid (don't know #) & CM. If I hadn't taken goalie from Winters below, I would take this one.

From Winters, CM #6, defender #14, goalie #13 & #33 (I think she's playing center mid for them while #6 is in Spain)
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by letthekidsplay Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:33 pm

I thought this was a joke and Archer was being sarcastic. Apparently not. Taking time to discuss 10 year old soccer is one thing, but to call them out by number, position, club (even if meant in a good way) is a little odd, IMHO.

letthekidsplay

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Maybe! But fun, nonetheless! Always interesting to see what other teams think of as your team's best players...a great chance to get an "objective" view which could educate...harmless, maybe a waste of time...but then you could say that about the whole message board, if you wanted to. Different strokes for different folks....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Someone has never played fantasy football.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:34 pm

I thinks it's pretty fun to talk about it, good topic.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:59 pm

All sounds fun and harmless, but I could see this going bad fast.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners006 Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:03 pm

#19 off Kitterman play's LB and LM

Gunners006

Back to top Go down

Post by letthekidsplay Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:35 pm

I am all for Fantasy Girls 04 Soccer, as long as everyone checks their ego at the door, they are 10!! ha ha! IMO, It would be more interesting to know what West thinks of the East, and vise versa after a game. Less bias!

letthekidsplay

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Crazy if you ask me. To even remotely approach this you have to assume that people understand soccer and more importantly good soccer being played the right way. My gut feeling is whoever is the fastest regardless of skill will get noticed.

I personally like the kids who are athletic but make the good smart plays and play the game at a high mental level. I consider them the best players. In other words, will you recognize the great pass that set up an offensive play by lets say a left back even though it was four passes before the goal was scored? Or is this gonna be like 95% of youth soccer parents who only notice speed and aggression.

IMO,

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 pm

SLSC04,

That's the point of this thread...if that's what you like/notice in a good player, post their team and number and give 'em some props! Don't just let the fasty/ball hoggy ones have all the fun!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:47 pm

That is a great point. Great players are not all about speed and aggression. I would like to see comments on the players people thought played a great match in these OPL games. We have some good competitive teams in this league .

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 pm

I'll have to pay more attention to the OFC girls and the SLSC girls going forward...don't know the west side well, but will try to put #'s with the good players for this thread going forward....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:32 am

Yes I agree slsc04
Birdman yes please pay attention to the two west side team, I believe 1-7 on each team can play with the top 7 of each east side team, I think what might make a kittermen winters and blitz better right now is 8-13:)

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by upper90 Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:03 am

IMO the players with soccer savy are the ones to watch such as OFC 17 is a very dedicated player great runs on corners she is one to watch & 3 & Winters 23 & 25- good luck if you have to take her on she is blazing fast & Blitz 13 & 1 and of course Kitterman 3, 7 is thoughtful & knows exactly how to get a jump on the other team with lots of speed & never runs out of gas & goalie tons of dedication from the goalie! Very impressive players in the 04 girls!

upper90

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 am

archer wrote:As we go forward and play each other we should set up a watch list of players for this super team we want to build for OK. This will be interesting to see in the weeks to come.

I would submit the following criteria - No you cannot post your own kids from your own team. Just team name and player number and position and a little game detail.
As we go forward, remember the criteria! Should be lots of additions over the next few weekends!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:16 am

upper90 wrote:IMO the players with soccer savy are the ones to watch such as OFC 17 is a very dedicated player great runs on corners she is one to watch & 3 & Winters 23 & 25- good luck if you have to take her on she is blazing fast & Blitz 13 & 1 and of course Kitterman 3, 7 is thoughtful & knows exactly how to get a jump on the other team with lots of speed & never runs out of gas & goalie tons of dedication from the goalie! Very impressive players in the 04 girls!
Thanks!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:03 am

[quote="SLSC04"]Crazy if you ask me.  To even remotely approach this you have to assume that people understand soccer and more importantly good soccer being played the right way.    My gut feeling is whoever is the fastest regardless of skill will get noticed.  

I personally like the kids who are athletic but make the good smart plays and play the game at a high mental level.   I consider them the best players.    In other words, will you recognize the great pass that set up an offensive play by lets say a left back even though it was four passes before the goal was scored? Or is this gonna be like 95% of youth soccer parents who only notice speed and aggression.  

IMO, [/quote]

OK, I had to chime in here. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....so if the goalie kicks the ball to half line and three other players get it to go in, now the goalie gets the assist??? If this is the case then the team itself gets the assist. Draw a line somewhere fella. Also to assume that most of the parents do not know the game of soccer... is this also assuming too much? Sounds like you're reaching. I think the parents have a good understanding of the game just let this happen.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:40 am

I took his comment a bit differently. I understood SLSC04 to say that the play may be set up by the player that doesn't make the stat sheet.

I recognize the switch, the back that continually tackles & redistributes, or the perfect throw-in can all contribute to a strikers toe poke of a goal (to carry the example). Thinking that most of us here on the board should be able to do the same.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:23 am

I agree. Would we all agree that there is a game changer player on every team? If so then let us know. We can tell consistency throughout the season . There is a game changer in every position. If this one or two are players that changed the course of the game in your perspective then chime in.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:37 am

I’ve always been told in a debate to acknowledge what you agree upon. Accordingly, let me give you props in that you correctly identified my gender assuming of course the term “fella” is gender specific to a male.

With the above acknowledged, I must next apologize. I assume the misunderstanding to be directly correlated to my uneducated and obviously poor writing. Further, I’m a SW OKC person writing on a message board on a Saturday night and I suspect my knowledge of soccer is obviously lacking when compared to others on this board. So please, accept my apologies and kindly allow me the opportunity to better articulate my obvious ignorance.

Whew. I think the most succinct way to articulate what I was trying to say is with the following statement. “SOCCER PARENTS ARE CRAZY.”

First, if your not a parent or have some relation to a child or parent on a team please forgive me for calling you crazy and please PM with your name and number as I would like to call the authorities with your information so that they can properly congratulate you for your patronage of 10 year old girls soccer.

Now back to my points. I apparently failed with my poor vernacular. So let me try again. I was in no way suggesting that a drop kick by the left back (you state goalie so I assume you meant a drop kick) as a good play. What I was suggesting is whether a parent would notice the left back make a touch to the outside, cross it over to the center mid’s feet at the right pace and angle which in turn allows the center mid to play it through to the forward who makes a beautiful strike for a goal.

My experience with youth soccer has led me to conclude the following regarding the above analogy. First, 10 of 16 parents on an 11 v 11 team will yell for the fast forward and congratulate them for the goal. 5 of 16 will holler out to the center mid who played the ball through. Maybe 1 lost soul in the wilderness will congratulate the left back.

Assuming we have the 6% who yelled for the left back (not because they heard another parent do it) maybe this rating system is doable. However, even if we are that 6%, there is still a problem. All the above occurred on our child’s team. As a parent, our attention is tuned highly to our child. We see every move they make. Next, we see the moves of teammates (for good or bad) as they of course can contribute to our child’s team wining or losing.

Now as it pertains to the opposing team, we rarely are truly watching what the other team is doing and more importantly who the better players are. We might see whom the other teams fastest player is or what player made an aggressive play on the ball. However, we are not watching the intricacies of the other team to know who is truly doing what for them.

I believe what we will find out is 70% of those who are identified in this thread will not be a top player on any team in 4 years. The fast players won’t be as fast and most girls get aggressive toward the ball as they age.

Also, we as Oklahomans (and Americans) have a psychological issue as well. I’ve read many articles discussing soccer in America. The biggest problem is parents want goals. We recognize the flashy player or the one who scores. We like the baseball player who hits a homerun and celebrate him regardless that he struck out 4 times and left 6 men on base. We love the Amare Stoudemires who score a lot but don’t play a lick of defense. We care nothing for the Thabo (not Thabo from last year). Also, that’s why we never truly appreciated a Tony Gwynn or Karl Malone and John Stockton. They just weren’t flashy enough.

We love the scorers. The freak athletes. In other words, we will naturally be drawn to those most physically gifted regardless of skill. This is because of our predilection for those types of athletes and the fact we have not watched opposing teams enough to truly know who their better players are. We will notice who gets to the ball first or other such aggressive items. We will not notice some of the simple things that make a great player and enables us to objectively rate them.

Speaking of objectivity, can anyone on here really be objective. Everyone likes different types of players. Secondly, we are biased. Thirdly, how can we objectively evaluate based upon a game. Do we know if the kids got enough sleep? If they had to compensate for other kids? Are they sleeping? Keep going with the arugments against standardized testing.

Again, I’m cynical. I’m a CRAZY parent as my love of my daughter supersedes all my rational thought. I believe whole-heartedly she will be the best player in the state at her position. That said, I don’t trust anyone other that good licensed coaches to be able to truly evaluate her.

Now if you have taken the time to read this. Get a life. Geez it’s a Saturday night. Losers. lol. (For those without a sense of humor this is called self depravation). Enjoy this thread. I know I will. I never said crazy is not fun to watch.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 am

OK...well that was a little intense...anyway have a good time this weekend and hope the girls have fun. Sorry SLSC04 for making you lose your mind. Remember it is just a game....Wow!

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next