Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Lexus Cup and Blitz Tournaments - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lexus Cup and Blitz Tournaments

+18
Oakie75
SSD2004
t-town05
canester2002
Stump
Boomer
TSCSOCCERDAD
Rico S
BULLDOG04
yoyokix
oksoccer
Tar Heel
cosmos04
Roughneck04
05GKdad_Tulsa
04eastside
nat
bird04
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lexus Cup and Blitz Tournaments - Page 4 Empty Re: Lexus Cup and Blitz Tournaments

Post by cosmos04 Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Well it kind of stinks to spend around 500 dollars going to a tourney to play a team that's 30 miles from our complex, hopefully the Kansas teams our pretty good. There's a good chance we won't get to see a Tulsa team in this tourney

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Lexus Cup and Blitz Tournaments - Page 4 Empty Re: Lexus Cup and Blitz Tournaments

Post by Roughneck04 Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:36 pm

The Kansas teams will need to bring some good guest players to be able to compete or win. It looks like both of these teams are using this as an 11v11 learning experience.  Their records are okay at 8v8, but one of them has already lost to good Oklahoma OPL & OCL 8v8 teams in tournament play and the other one seems to have some ups and a lot of downs this season.  I hope they bring some studs and make some really fun and competitive games. I think this may be a little much for them, but you never know.  Best of luck to ya Cosmos04.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:07 pm

cosmos04 wrote:Well it kind of stinks to spend around 500 dollars going to a tourney to play a team that's 30 miles from our complex, hopefully the Kansas teams our pretty good. There's a good chance we won't get to see a Tulsa team in this tourney

I hear you...especially when its the biggest tournament in OK.  Unfortunately, OK tournaments just don't draw well from Texas, and so top divisions in most of the age groups are mostly OK top teams with some Ark, MO, and Ks teams sprinkled in. I'm not sure how the brackets/seedings were handled, but at least they have 2 teams from OPL in each bracket instead of loading one with the teams.  I do feel for you that you got stuck with the bracket with OFC, not jut b/c of geography, but b/c they will be tougher than either Blitz or TSC Winters.

Oh, and I am totally with you about the $5 parking.  Total crap....quick $20,000 money grab. If I am not mistaken, I think blitz started the trend a couple years back, and now it appears to be spreading.  Don't be surprised if clubs in OKC start doing it too.  What is extremely irritating is paying $5 to park at Mohawk and then driving around for 45 min trying to find a spot.  Infuriating!!

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:20 pm

I don't understand why they didn't have OFC and Cosmos in seperate brackets and TSC AND Blitz in seperate brackets.

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:39 pm

My thought is that they want to see OKC vs TUL in the finals.  This would be the best opportunity for that.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:52 pm

I think your right tar heel. I guess I'm the only one that doesnt mind the brackets how they are. If I remember right, excluding tournaments because I don't know who played who and who played where. OFCvsSLC 1-1 & BltzvsWinters 1-1 during season. Handle your business on the field and your team will get to play another team that's not "30 miles" away from your complex. That's how tournaments work. You don't wine about who your playing in pool play because if you make the finals, who cares.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Rico S wrote:
cosmos04 wrote:Well it kind of stinks to spend around 500 dollars going to a tourney to play a team that's 30 miles from our complex, hopefully the Kansas teams our pretty good. There's a good chance we won't get to see a Tulsa team in this tourney

I hear you...especially when its the biggest tournament in OK.  Unfortunately, OK tournaments just don't draw well from Texas, and so top divisions in most of the age groups are mostly OK top teams with some Ark, MO, and Ks teams sprinkled in. I'm not sure how the brackets/seedings were handled, but at least they have 2 teams from OPL in each bracket instead of loading one with the teams.  I do feel for you that you got stuck with the bracket with OFC, not jut b/c of geography, but b/c they will be tougher than either Blitz or TSC Winters.

Oh, and I am totally with you about the $5 parking.  Total crap....quick $20,000 money grab. If I am not mistaken, I think blitz started the trend a couple years back, and now it appears to be spreading.  Don't be surprised if clubs in OKC start doing it too.  What is extremely irritating is paying $5 to park at Mohawk and then driving around for 45 min trying to find a spot.  Infuriating!!

I don't know about that OFC tougher than Winters or Blitz part...didn't Winters just beat OFC 2-1? And didn't Blitz beat Winters by 4 points or something earlier in the year? I think its pretty balanced overall...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:20 pm

I don't know about that OFC tougher than Winters or Blitz part...didn't Winters just beat OFC 2-1? And didn't Blitz beat Winters  by 4 points or something earlier in the year? I think its pretty balanced overall...

True - any team of the 4 can win the tourney. The team that plays the best D this weekend probably wins it.

I'll put my money on Blitz if I had to bet.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by nat Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:31 pm

04eastside wrote:I think your right tar heel.   I guess I'm the only one that doesnt mind the brackets how they are.   If I remember right, excluding tournaments because I don't know who played who and who played where. OFCvsSLC 1-1 & BltzvsWinters 1-1 during season.   Handle your business on the field and your team will get to play another team that's not "30 miles" away from your complex.  That's how tournaments work. You don't wine about who your playing in pool play because if you make the finals, who cares.

Agreed.

nat

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Sparky wrote:I don't understand why they didn't have OFC and Cosmos in seperate brackets and TSC AND Blitz in seperate brackets.  
Because that almost guarantees a Tulsa team in the finals.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:14 pm

04eastside wrote:I think your right tar heel.   I guess I'm the only one that doesnt mind the brackets how they are.   If I remember right, excluding tournaments because I don't know who played who and who played where. OFCvsSLC 1-1 & BltzvsWinters 1-1 during season.   Handle your business on the field and your team will get to play another team that's not "30 miles" away from your complex.  That's how tournaments work. You don't wine about who your playing in pool play because if you make the finals, who cares.
I don't really mind that we have to play OFC, more disappointed that there's not a semi final game. What that is going to do is cause blitz, OFC, winters and slsc to think they need to run the scores up on these others teams to make a final because we all know that OFC-slsc and blitz-winters can very easily be a draw. The parking thing we got figured out, we are going to park at the closest gas station and pile 30 deep in the back of the truck and role in like the Beverly Hillbillies:)

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:31 am

Take photos please Very Happy
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:55 pm

I know I was the first person to call Kittermen out for playing up so I want to be the first to congratulate them on a very impressive tournament victory, congrats.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:19 am

Thank you Cosmo! What a nerve wracking game, went to Penalty kicks. OFC 03 girls have a great team.

I want to do the same... Much has been said on these forums about OFC players and parents, their girls played incredibly tough but clean, and the sidelines was very respectful. Wonder if ODP is breaking down some walls?
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 am

Agreed...very exciting and wonderful game regardless of the outcome! One of the best I've been to as a parent...congrats to both teams and all the girls who played so hard.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:32 am

And congrats to Winters for their victory in 04's!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:53 am

Agreed Bird. The Winters team looked dominant! Congrats on their championship!
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Agreed on Kittermen......really looks like they are taking it to the next level like their parents/supporters said they could.

On a side note, as a parent of your opponents I really wasn't "impressed" with Winters during league play. I thought OFC and Blitz were superior teams - well it looks like Winters is hitting their stride as well and that initial perception is turning out to be false.

As paraphrase the original Anchorman, "I pure straight hate you, but (bleep bleep) do I respect you."

All kidding aside, congrats to both Tulsa teams - looking forward to state.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:47 pm

You can't see me but I am looking away mumbling, "Congratulations Kitterman and Winters." What did I say you say "you heard me, not saying it again".... LOL

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Tar Heel wrote:Agreed Bird.  The Winters team looked dominant!  Congrats on their championship!

Agree in part Tar Heel. Congrats to Winters on the Championship. But here we go with this "dominant!" stuff again. Winters beat Blitz?

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:55 pm

04eastside wrote: You can't see me but I am looking away mumbling, "Congratulations Kitterman and Winters."  What did I say you say "you heard me, not saying it again".... LOL
 I am totally picturing that. Smile
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:16 pm

04eastside wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:Agreed Bird.  The Winters team looked dominant!  Congrats on their championship!

Agree in part Tar Heel.  Congrats to Winters on the Championship.  But here we go with this "dominant!" stuff again.   Winters beat Blitz?

Which is why there should have been semi-finals, but I digress.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm

04eastside wrote:

Agree in part Tar Heel.  Congrats to Winters on the Championship.  But here we go with this "dominant!" stuff again.   Winters beat Blitz?
No offense meant.  I was referring to the championship game (only one I got to see). They seemed to have OFC on the ropes pretty good.  

And I think everyone agrees that a 4 team playoff would have been great.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Oh,okay. Gotcha

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Winters and Blitz Mitchell tied. Winters moves forward on points. However, Blitz had many more opportunities to score and couldn't finish.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next