Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Buy registered british council ielts online in DUBAI,UAE(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

» Biometric ielts/toefl/pte certificates without exam in SAUDI ARABIA(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (infodocuments4@gmail.com)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams  @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Buy Verified European /US /UK passport, id cards,Visas,Driver's License @ infodocuments4@gmail.com
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

» Buy counterfeit money,Real and Fake Passports,ID etc (masterproduction21@gmail.com)
by cleandocs Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Statistics
We have 446 registered users
The newest registered user is Ibrahimsylla

Our users have posted a total of 6890 messages in 440 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by sooner5 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:47 pm

I see a lot of kids who were on first team and now be on second teams will end up leaving the sport.The kids who end up on the first team will get pushed and will end up becoming better players.

sooner5

Posts : 242
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:53 pm

sooner5 wrote:I see a lot of kids who were on first team and now be on second teams will end up leaving the sport.The kids who end up on the first team will get pushed and will end up being becoming  players.
I agree. Its a shame if kids leave the sport because they are put on a second team. The Jan - July birth dates have learned to deal with the system in the past. Lets hope parents do the right thing by their kids versus allowing egos and their dreams to get in the way.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by sooner5 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:02 pm

It's a lot money to spend on a sport if your kid has lost the interest to play and work hard. In most clubs second teams don't get the same treatment

sooner5

Posts : 242
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by archer on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:00 am

ENERGYFC04 wrote:Board is eerily quiet.  People drinking away their sorrows with the new system?  I heard lots of rumors but curious if Tulsa and OFC parents are burning down the village yet?

So what's the consensus?   Are parents with kids with August - October birthdays crying and gnashing their teeth?   Are current 04s with birthdays in 2003 worried?   For many, this will be the first time they have to compete for spots against girls as big or bigger than they are.

The whole landscape of soccer is changing!

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. Like the shirt offer, keep it. BTW why did you change from SLSC04 to ENERGYFC04? Not a positive message to send out for SLSC just saying.. Proud to represent. Now to address the issue of changes... Agree smaller clubs will have advantage in the short run maybe, but the larger clubs with depth will prevail in the end as always. They have the numbers and size to adapt. If OSU or OU had to contend with this scenario would they be damaged 1st year maybe. Are these institutions going to go by the way side? No, they have a tradition of being on top for a reason. You still have to finish this OPL season on top to give merit to your claim of dominance. I do wish your team the best and good luck coming to Tulsa and prevailing. I can't wait for your response. Please be quick in getting back to me.

archer

Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:32 am

archer wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:Board is eerily quiet.  People drinking away their sorrows with the new system?  I heard lots of rumors but curious if Tulsa and OFC parents are burning down the village yet?

So what's the consensus?   Are parents with kids with August - October birthdays crying and gnashing their teeth?   Are current 04s with birthdays in 2003 worried?   For many, this will be the first time they have to compete for spots against girls as big or bigger than they are.

The whole landscape of soccer is changing!

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. Like the shirt offer, keep it. BTW why did you change from SLSC04 to ENERGYFC04? Not a positive message to send out for SLSC just saying.. Proud to represent. Now to address the issue of changes... Agree smaller clubs will have advantage in the short run maybe, but the larger clubs with depth will prevail in the end as always. They have the numbers and size to adapt. If OSU or OU had to contend with this scenario would they be damaged 1st year maybe. Are these institutions going to go by the way side? No, they have a tradition of being on top for a reason. You still have to finish this OPL season on top to give merit to your claim of dominance. I do wish your team the best and good luck coming to Tulsa and prevailing. I can't wait for your response. Please be quick in getting back to me.

Archer, be careful to let your mind wander into these complicated subjects of pure age and clubs, its far too small to be out there by itself. But oh well, keep typing, someday you might say something intelligent.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by roots40 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:39 am

Here's a bit of what our Club leadership is telling us:

"US Soccer Federation has announced that in 2017 soccer age group divisions will shift from the traditional August 1 cut-off date to the calendar year."

My impression from the USSF release, as posted on the OSA website, is that it is likely that this will be implemented/mandated by OSA for the 2016-17 seasonal year.  Am I right?

"We are uncertain how older teams will be phased into this 'plan'."

Has anyone heard that "older" teams may be exempted?  If so, would 04's be considered "older" for that purpose?  I'd be surprised if they were.

"We do have initiatives to keep team social structure intact during the transition - so please do not worry.  We know “your team” is important to you in this journey and that the relationships are the highest priority."  

Is this 'comforting' language what others are hearing from their clubs also?  

"Once we learn more we will begin a year-long look at the best practices for phasing our teams into this initiative and mandate by US Soccer.  We have two full soccer years to prepare for this.

Again, is it realistic to assume we have 2 full soccer years to prepare before likely implementation/mandate from OSA?  That's not the way I read it.  Anyone got a line from OSA on implementation timetable?

"Before we can establish a new direction, we need USSF to finalize the “phasing” process, and which age groups will be affected immediately, which will be grandfathered “out”, which exceptions will be granted, etc."

Again, is anyone else hearing that certain age groups will be 'grandfathered' out of the new system?  And if so, could that include 04's?

roots40

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by archer on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:05 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
archer wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:Board is eerily quiet.  People drinking away their sorrows with the new system?  I heard lots of rumors but curious if Tulsa and OFC parents are burning down the village yet?

So what's the consensus?   Are parents with kids with August - October birthdays crying and gnashing their teeth?   Are current 04s with birthdays in 2003 worried?   For many, this will be the first time they have to compete for spots against girls as big or bigger than they are.

The whole landscape of soccer is changing!

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. Like the shirt offer, keep it. BTW why did you change from SLSC04 to ENERGYFC04? Not a positive message to send out for SLSC just saying.. Proud to represent. Now to address the issue of changes... Agree smaller clubs will have advantage in the short run maybe, but the larger clubs with depth will prevail in the end as always. They have the numbers and size to adapt. If OSU or OU had to contend with this scenario would they be damaged 1st year maybe. Are these institutions going to go by the way side? No, they have a tradition of being on top for a reason. You still have to finish this OPL season on top to give merit to your claim of dominance. I do wish your team the best and good luck coming to Tulsa and prevailing. I can't wait for your response. Please be quick in getting back to me.

Archer, be careful to let your mind wander into these complicated subjects of pure age and clubs, its far too small to be out there by itself.   But oh well, keep typing, someday you might say something intelligent.  


All kidding aside..why did you change your name from SLSC04? Be proud of where you are from. Didn't mean to cause you to get so discouraged.

archer

Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by SSD2004 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:20 pm

04Bonosfan wrote:I agree with the notion of those who rely on size/strength will have the major adjustment. Skills always benefit in the long run. This year will be a year of focused development and awash for performance on most teams depending on the dynamic of the changes to their teams and the changing of players! I for sure will be having my DD continue take advantage of the extra opportunities

Excellent point - Maximizing touches and opportunities this year can limit the impacts of the changes on your individual DD. Both of my kids are young for their age group so this should be a good thing for them individually; if they commit to taking advantage of it.

SSD2004

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:50 pm

archer wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
archer wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:Board is eerily quiet.  People drinking away their sorrows with the new system?  I heard lots of rumors but curious if Tulsa and OFC parents are burning down the village yet?

So what's the consensus?   Are parents with kids with August - October birthdays crying and gnashing their teeth?   Are current 04s with birthdays in 2003 worried?   For many, this will be the first time they have to compete for spots against girls as big or bigger than they are.

The whole landscape of soccer is changing!

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. Like the shirt offer, keep it. BTW why did you change from SLSC04 to ENERGYFC04? Not a positive message to send out for SLSC just saying.. Proud to represent. Now to address the issue of changes... Agree smaller clubs will have advantage in the short run maybe, but the larger clubs with depth will prevail in the end as always. They have the numbers and size to adapt. If OSU or OU had to contend with this scenario would they be damaged 1st year maybe. Are these institutions going to go by the way side? No, they have a tradition of being on top for a reason. You still have to finish this OPL season on top to give merit to your claim of dominance. I do wish your team the best and good luck coming to Tulsa and prevailing. I can't wait for your response. Please be quick in getting back to me.

Archer, be careful to let your mind wander into these complicated subjects of pure age and clubs, its far too small to be out there by itself.   But oh well, keep typing, someday you might say something intelligent.  
     
                           
All kidding aside..why did you change your name from SLSC04? Be proud of where you are from. Didn't mean to cause you to get so discouraged.
Well, after my daily meditation of 30 seconds I thought to myself, you know Archer doesn't proudly identify himself with any club even though we know his DD plays on OFC's team. So after another ten seconds of internal struggle i chose to change my name to our local soccer team in support of them. In retrospect, its been very self gratifying and makes me feel much better about myself. I hope others find it as gratifying as my "message board" moniker truly identifies who i am deep inside.

On a serious note, we will gladly bring you an SLSC t shirt next game as SSD2004 kindly offered to you when your pacing behind our parent group during games! Smile

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by t-town05 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Looks like 2016 for pure age according to US Club news release today:

http://usclubsoccer.org/2015/08/25/u-s-soccer-introduces-coaching-initiatives-target-improvement-youth-development-standards/

US Club Soccer announces implementation plan for U.S. Soccer’s recent coaching initiatives

Posted at 18:59h in News, Players First




Share











US Club Soccer has announced its implementation plan for U.S. Soccer mandates to calendar-year competition and small-sided games. US Club Soccer’s Board of Directors approved the action late last week in accordance with U.S. Soccer’s recent coaching initiatives.
•US Club Soccer members will be required to transition age grouping of teams from school-year based (Aug. 1-July 31) to calendar-year based (Jan. 1-Dec. 31) by Aug. 1, 2016.
•US Club Soccer members will be required to follow the U.S. Soccer mandates related to small-sided games, which also includes changes to field and goal sizes, by Aug. 1, 2017.

If able to do so, members are encouraged to implement these initiatives prior to the mandates coming into full effect.

The new calendar-year format is consistent with international standards and U.S. Soccer youth national team programming. Players will still be allowed to play in an older age group. Small-sided and field size standards are for U-6 through U-12 age groups.

In order to ensure the smoothest and most efficient transition, US Youth Soccer and other youth soccer organizations are also implementing these standards at the same time.
•Calendar-year age chart, provided by U.S. Soccer

The National Cup XV Finals will accommodate teams constructed both from calendar-year competition (Jan. 1-Dec. 31) and school-year registration (Aug. 1-July 31).

The 2016 NPL Finals will also accommodate both roster structures. Many NPL clubs are already calendar-year based, though.
•Click here for more information about impacts to upcoming US Club Soccer programming

In addition, all tournaments submitted for US Club Soccer sanctioning that will be played after Aug. 1, 2016 will only be approved if age groups are calendar-year organized.

Player passcards will continue to be issued on an Aug. 1-July 31 competition season.

Questions may be directed to your respective US Club Soccer membership services representative.
avatar
t-town05

Posts : 179
Join date : 2014-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by cosmos04 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:50 am

Thanks for sharing

cosmos04

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:40 am

Hopefully it's all a wash. With all my children having late birthdays and playing on good teams it will definitely be interesting. I heard that some 98 year kids will be without a team next year. I think those kids will be affected most. Wonder what age will be the oldest? 99 or 98? How will small clubs fill those spots?

TSCSOCCERDAD

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by t-town05 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Here is chart provided by us soccer.  It indicates 98's will be U18 and 99's will be U17 next fall:

But I imagine it will be tough to field very many U18 teams with some of those kids going off to college.

http://usclubsoccer.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/USSF-calendar-year-competition-age-chart-2016-18.png
avatar
t-town05

Posts : 179
Join date : 2014-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Most of the girls designated 98's will graduate this year (all of the girls born jan. 1,98-jul.31,98). And then they go off to college. I don't see how OK teams will field that team next year or other years for that matter. This will leave the girls born later in 98 with spots to fill from another team. Seems you'll have some really good players with some so-so players. From what I understand the 99 ECNL team for TSCH will loose their top two scores, best midfielder, goalie, and all but two defenders because they are 98 year. Maybe some 99's will play up, but that still leaves the 99 team with holes to fill. My only complaint is you get better development playing and training with better players. So...

TSCSOCCERDAD

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by tschlurker on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:18 pm

There is an interesting scenario at U13 for girls.  Kid A born 1/03 currently plays with kid B born 12/02.  Both this year in 7th grade, both playing U13.  
Next year, pure age and not playing up, Kid A is still a U13.  Kid B, one month older, is a U14.  Both in 8th grade, but Kid B can play in ECNL at U14 and without playing up (which may not be as easy as it sounds) Kid A cannot.  Both can play ECNL grades 9-12 (U15,16,17,18). So for 2 kids a month apart, one may only get 4 years of ECNL and one may get 5 years.

ECNL can of course fix this by adding U13, which may well happen.

tschlurker

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by tschlurker on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 am

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  TSCH has apparently decided to implement the "pure age" change cold turkey (other than kids who will be HS seniors).  Coaches are now telling teams they will be split up by birth year next year, and kids will not be allowed to play up -- for example, the 00 age group (most of whom are in 10th grade) will be split into 99 birth year kids (who will play as 99s next year) and 00 birth year kids (who will play as 00s next year).  The only age group exempted is the current 99 group (mostly juniors in HS now), as birth year 99s currently playing on 99 teams will be able to play up as 98s next year, staying with their senior classmates.
Most negatively affected could be next year's 99 teams, as most first half of 99 birth year kids will be playing as 98s.
There a lot of potential for drama when next spring rolls around.

tschlurker

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by Gatorade95 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:48 pm

I am sure it will be dog eat dog at TSCH or coach eat coach. One of these days TSCH will get it right and instead of having coaches with their own agenda you will have a tiered system where kids are paired with kids of like talent. Also parents need to butt out. You see it more in the younger groups.

Gatorade95

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-09
Location : Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by Sparky on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Totally agree!!

Sparky

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by tschlurker on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:41 pm

I am sure some of the nuttier parent groups will go ballistic at the thought of their team blowing up -- wonder what the parent group formerly known as Kitterman thinks about the change...

tschlurker

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by bird04 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:42 pm

tschlurker wrote:I am sure some of the nuttier parent groups will go ballistic at the thought of their team blowing up -- wonder what the parent group formerly known as Kitterman thinks about the change...

Wow...there's a name not bandied about much these days on the board..."Kitterman". I guess you mean the Griffin parents plus 3 Winters plus 1 Blitz....a bit different group, but, true, the core is still there of the Kitterman team. As to what we/they think and/or going "ballistic", there was a bit of grinding and gnashing of teeth, for sure. Most have settled down to accept the fact that this tight and very talented team will split up at the end of this year. Not too happy about it, for sure, as it is hard to put together a team that is as "in sync" as this one has been historically. But resigned to the facts on the ground. It'll be interesting to see where everything shakes out if TSCH really does keep next year as strict "age pure". I would guess that in the 03's, Beattie will still be the dominant team in the state by far and that Griffin, who will keep the 04's, will still be the dominant 04 team in the state, by far. But a lot depends on what happens at the other clubs with their mix, so it will be interesting! As to who ends up where, always a very rough justice crapshoot each May....As I said, all fun guesses at this point.

All that being said, I take exception with regard to the word "nuttier". I don't think that the old Kitterman parent group was any more or any less nuttier than any other parent group in competitive girls soccer...they just manifested it differently. Over the top at times? Sure! Too vocal and often strident? Sure! But other teams had their own dysfunctional aspects....In any case, all in the past as we are now in a league where there is nothing to get passionate about. Maybe the spring will bring out the crazy again, but I doubt it as will only be the Silver division....

bird04

Posts : 441
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by tschlurker on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:57 pm

One man's nuttier is another man's "more passionate"... On this side of the state and on this board, the K group was quite vocal and strident and sometimes the conversation was, um, nutty. Generally parent groups of successful younger teams are nu-, um, more passionate than many other parent groups. It usually levels off as the kids get older and reality sets in.

Thanks for the K perspective, I am sure that medicine didn't go down easy for some.

tschlurker

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by Fundamentals on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:13 pm

I applaud the early-adopting teams and/or clubs. Blitz begins AP practices in November and TSC has AP 08 and 07 teams registered for the Friendship Cup. If your player has the necessary skill set, IQ, and athletic ability, the shift to AP shouldn't affect them much. If not, then the political plague that has run rampant through competitive sports can either finally go away... or simply shift, teaching December kids what July kids have had to deal with for decades.

Fundamentals

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by bird04 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:35 pm

tschlurker wrote:One man's nuttier is another man's "more passionate"...  On this side of the state and on this board, the K group was quite vocal and strident and sometimes the conversation was, um, nutty.  Generally parent groups of successful younger teams are nu-, um, more passionate than many other parent groups.  It usually levels off as the kids get older and reality sets in.  

Thanks for the K perspective, I am sure that medicine didn't go down easy for some.

Well, I'm sure that it didn't for some on any team. As far as reality goes, the reality is that they were unbeaten in their age group last year, with one tie and one "fake forfeit". They then went on to win State Cup against a Winters team that, truth be told, was playing extremely well. They also managed to beat every 03 Gold team in the state, excepting Amos 03 (reality...no chance there!). They did all this despite having essentially a 12 girl (at times 11 girl) roster, with some fill in from 05 guest players. Made the Quarterfinals in Super Copa Invitational with 11 girls and 2 05 guest players. I suspect that most of these girls will continue to do extremely well wherever they decide to play. It probably will level off, to some degree, but I doubt anything approaching parity across the board will ever be the case vis a vis other players in the Oklahoma 04 age group, especially. Could happen, but I doubt it. So, yes, we were pretty passionate about the success these girls have had to work for and probably got a little "nutty" when the green-eyed types tried to belittle it or thwart it off the field. But, hey, you brought up the now, essentially, defunct "Kitterman parent group", along with the "nutty" snark from what is now ancient history. Like I said, everyone is a little, um, nutty, er, passionate, huh? Razz

bird04

Posts : 441
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by tschlurker on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 am

Well, the Force of the KPG is certainly strong in you.  I am not a geologist but I am not sure 5 months qualifies as ancient history - particularly on this board.  Ultimately, your group is in the midst of a good run and you should enjoy it while it lasts.

No jealousy here - my kid is 4-5 years older.  Adults being jealous over kid soccer would be nutty. Really just appreciate the entertainment all the 04 parents have brought to what generally is a boring board.  

The reality I mentioned is not parity across the board, but the inevitable reshuffling at the top.  It seems that in any age group, out of the ten best kids at age 11 less than half will be in ten best group at age 16.  That process happens a number of ways.  Some kids catch up by getting bigger stronger faster while others level off and come back to the pack.  Some kids lose ground because they discover boys and social stuff or get burnt out by their overly passionate parents.  The top of the heap changes every year.  I know this group is "different" but the past is littered with examples of bad things happening to good teams as they age.  

Attack 98 was 4 time state champ and moved to TSC to play ECNL.  98 ECNL does not compete for the top of the league any more.

The 00 pre-ECNL (coached by Griffin...) team reached state final and lost in PKs.  I imagine those parents thought their kids were different.  Most of those kids made the original ECNL team in the age group.  Two seasons later only 5 are still on the 00 ECNL team.  

Unfortunately, given the age group change we will never know whether the artists formerly known as the Kitterman team would become like the 99  or 02 ECNL teams or more like the 01 or 00 or 98 ECNL teams.   What we do know is that the age change will be a difficult one in many age groups and kids born in the last half of a particular year will be in unfamiliar territory (youngest in age group versus oldest).  The kids are usually pretty resilient though, it is often the parents that have the bigger problems with change.  Hope it all works out for the kids.

tschlurker

Posts : 69
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by Tar Heel on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:01 am

We're still here...just none of U13 "competitive" league teams are very lippy.  Not sure they even know this board exists. king
avatar
Tar Heel

Posts : 154
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: osa announces changes in 2016-2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum