Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Plano 2015 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Plano 2015

+10
longball
Kickin grAss 04
cosmos04
archer
Number6
ENERGYFC04
yoyokix
SSD2004
05GKdad_Tulsa
Soonerdad04
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Plano 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano 2015

Post by cosmos04 Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:59 pm

Did nysa win the rec leave division?

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 am

Don't know if they won. But they were put in the wrong  bracket, and when they asked to be moved they were told all their pool games would be a conflict with either
the 05 and 03s.

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:30 am

Oh ok thought it was crazy that they were in same bracket as there B team

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:52 pm

SSD2004 wrote:Here is my totally uneducated and extremely biased predictions:

Griffin goes 1-1-1 in pool play but gets the tiebreaker for the #2 seed - loses in the Qtrs to Dallas Texans 04G

SLSC also goes 1-1-1 in pool play and earns the tiebreaker as well to barely squeeze into the Quarters.  It actually eases up there and they make a run to the finals before falling to the FC Dallas Youth 04 White.
(or they could go 1-2 and I'll be crying in my beer Saturday evening)  

NYSA Fury and TSC Sharp battle it out for the Silver B division title with NYSA defeating Sharp for the 2nd time over the weekend.  Both teams parents immediately wonder if they should be playing U13 in Oklahoma this year and not Griffin.  Off the record, OSA agrees.

I am going to Jim Traber "give it up to myself" so if that rubs you the wrong way head on over to the South Lakes Cosmos Cup forum:

Griffin - nailed the record; under sold them a little on the quarterfinals as they actually BEAT Dallas Texans 04G! Was this penalty kicks or a score in regulation or extra time?

SLSC - undersold their pool play record by a half of a game and oversold them by a game in tourney play. SLSC re-matched the eventual champion in the semis and came up a little short; probably get to the finals if matched up with any other opponent. (That's my parent speaking)

NYSA and TSC Sharp - similar here....I might have nailed it if they didn't have to match up in the semis. Still haven't gotten word on if NYSA actually won the final or not.

Overall, a good weekend for Oklahoma Clubs in Plano? I think so.

If anyone wants know how to break in a baseball mitt let me know.... lol!

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Score in regulation time. Good tournament, saw some improvement in things we're working on, new players beginning to integrate into our style....overall as pleased as one can be given the bracket we were in and losing out in the semifinals.....No shame to lose to FCD Elite, a very good and disciplined team and the eventual champion of the tournament.
As you said, great showing overall for OK in the tournament!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Congrats to TSC for coming down here and going toe to toe with the top NTX teams. Tenacious attacking style had Scott flustered from the first whistle. Took us till the second half to get back on track but could't sink one. Tough physical game. We look forward to a rematch.
Cleansheets
Cleansheets

Back to top Go down

Post by ousoccer Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 pm

It's hard to believe that as good as the North Texas teams are right now, at U10-U11 that for ECNL they will even combine again to make even stronger ECNL teams. That's where OK has problems. Our best team is topped out and still struggles to compete with the top NTX teams now. As good as TSC is now, what will it look like at U13 when those top texas teams combine again.

ousoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:34 pm

I disagree. NTX is better right now because they have been playing 11 v 11 a lot longer and understand the tactical aspects of it. Prime example, my daughter played up with the 03s and we played Liverpool Elite's 04 team (number 1 team in the nation) when my daughter was technically a U9 player meaning the liverpool team was a u9 team. At that time (end of spring season) according to parents and liverpool coach they had played almost 90 11 v 11 games. Counting scrimmages it was our 9th. They beat us 2 - 1 by scoring direct from a corner kick with massive wind.

The moral is they had so much experience. I saw them play last year and tactically they play like a much older team. I don't think they necessarily had faster players. More technical players or bigger players that we can produce. Instead they simply understood how to play 11 v 11.

The same can be said for a majority of the top 10 - 20 NTX teams who have been playing 11 v 11 since u9. It matters as they know and understand lines and tactical decisions.

Just my two cents. I believe with US new mandates on 9 v 9 et al and NTX going to that you will see the curve lessen in these younger years.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by ousoccer Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 pm

So from what you have seen is Oklahoma teams closing the gaps on Texas teams as they get older and more experienced with adding 3 players on the field. I disagree, I think academy teams in the past have stayed closer and competed well in gold brackets, and other than a rare few teams not many can compete as they get older. Do you think southlakes 04 can now compete with top teams in texas now that they have more experience in 11s or would the top 05 team in TX now blow them out?

ousoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:31 pm

ousoccer wrote:So from what you have seen is Oklahoma teams closing the gaps on Texas teams as they get older and more experienced with adding 3 players on the field. I disagree, I think academy teams in the past have stayed closer and competed well in gold brackets, and other than a rare few teams not many can compete as they get older. Do you think southlakes 04 can now compete with top teams in texas now that they have more experience in 11s or would the top 05 team in TX now blow them out?
Its not about adding players on the field. Its about learning the tactics of 11 v 11. At the end of the day, so long as the talent is pooled there are only 11 players on the field at one time. While DFW obviously can generate superior numbers in terms of population there are still only 11 players on the pitch.

Look at it this way. OFC 01s, SLSC's 02s and TSC 03s have consistently shown they can compete with the top teams in texas. In my view they got more competitive the older they got versus those teams. As a whole will Oklahoma now have 3 or 4 teams challenging? No. But Oklahoma can and will generate 1 or 2 teams that can compete with the top teams in Texas. Its my opinion and definitely could be shown to be wrong. Nonetheless, the more you play 11 v 11 the better you get. The top 04 teams in Texas have been playing 11 v 11 since at least U9. Tactically and understanding the 11 v 11 game (8 v 8 is a completely different game) takes time and we are behind here. With the new mandates, this alleviates some of that advantage texas has IMO

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2