Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Results aren't important?
by The Soccer 1% Today at 4:52 am

» Changes coming to TSC?
by BASoccer Yesterday at 5:04 am

» 04 Griffin Regionals
by Celtic05Dad Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 pm

» New Oklahoma Energy FC Logo
by BASoccer Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 pm

» Fall 2017
by Yellowcard Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

» SuperCopa 2017
by Celtic05Dad Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

» NTX STX State Cup
by 918soccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 pm

» ENERGY MLS SCUTTLED?
by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm

» Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?
by 918soccer Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

» South lakes needs a keeper.
by misfit31 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am

» OFC/Blitz dropped from NPL?
by Roughneck04 Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

» 2017 State Cup
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 am

» Well said!
by Celtic05Dad Sat May 27, 2017 8:05 pm

» 05 age group being added to ECNL!
by 918soccer Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

» 04 Girls State Cup Results
by TSC010405 Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

» Administrators?
by BASoccer Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am

» The most successful girls teams from Tulsa
by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

» State Cup Schedules
by settledown Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm

» Spring 2017 Scores
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am

» Oklahoma Soccer – Looking Forward
by Yellowcard Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Statistics
We have 315 registered users
The newest registered user is gradeonenotes

Our users have posted a total of 6833 messages in 409 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by 918soccer on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:42 pm

No reason to try and interpret the proceedings, the court will tell us if the Merger was legal or not.

My question is, do Tulsa United parents want the merger? Some have suggested that Tulsa United sought the merger in opposition to their members, but in my discussions with Tulsa United parents that is not the case. It seems the overwhelming majority think the Blitz affiliation hurt their club in several ways and they believe they would have a better overall experience with MTSC United. That doesn't sound evil or underhanded to me. It sounds like Tulsa United listens to their customers. Am I wrong?

918soccer

Posts : 212
Join date : 2014-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by Rico S on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:49 pm

918soccer wrote:No reason to try and interpret the proceedings, the court will tell us if the Merger was legal or not.

My question is, do Tulsa United parents want the merger? Some have suggested that Tulsa United sought the merger in opposition to their members, but in my discussions with Tulsa United parents that is not the case. It seems the overwhelming majority think the Blitz affiliation hurt their club in several ways and they believe they would have a better overall experience with MTSC United. That doesn't sound evil or underhanded to me. It sounds like Tulsa United listens to their customers. Am I wrong?

Just curious, how do the TUSC parents think that Blitz was hurting TUSC. Can you give us specifics of what the rec parents were saying about blitz?

Rico S

Posts : 82
Join date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:04 pm

918soccer wrote:No reason to try and interpret the proceedings, the court will tell us if the Merger was legal or not.

My question is, do Tulsa United parents want the merger? Some have suggested that Tulsa United sought the merger in opposition to their members, but in my discussions with Tulsa United parents that is not the case. It seems the overwhelming majority think the Blitz affiliation hurt their club in several ways and they believe they would have a better overall experience with MTSC United. That doesn't sound evil or underhanded to me. It sounds like Tulsa United listens to their customers. Am I wrong?
The proceedings are pretty easy to interpret. There are some pretty incendiary accusations out there that if proven true could be very troubling for the parties involved. I sure wouldn't a court resolving this if I'm being accused of some of these improprieties. I think i would do everything possible to settle out of court.

To answer your question, no offense, I think the majority of parents would have no clue what they want as it pertains to the rec side of soccer. They simply want their kid to go kick a round ball into a goal. However, your point is strong and scores the importance of a general membership vote, which did not occur according to the documents on oscn. The public records filed by one party states “Defendants attempted to conduct this "merger" in secret without a vote of the membership as required by TUSC bylaws.”

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by Roughneck04 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 am

918soccer wrote:My question is, do Tulsa United parents want the merger? Some have suggested that Tulsa United sought the merger in opposition to their members, but in my discussions with Tulsa United parents that is not the case. It seems the overwhelming majority think the Blitz affiliation hurt their club in several ways and they believe they would have a better overall experience with MTSC United. That doesn't sound evil or underhanded to me. It sounds like Tulsa United listens to their customers. Am I wrong?

Well, obviously not one of those parents you talked to showed up to the open TUSC membership meeting that was held by the OSA.  There was not one vote to split away from Blitz or break ties with OSA.  It was an unanimous vote as reflected in the court documents.  The meeting was at capacity and not one person there voted to break away.  So according to the court documents and presented evidence, there was actually an consensus majority to stay with Blitz.  So TUSC did not listen to their membership.  

So are you wrong?  According to all of the court documents and evidence presented, yes, you are wrong.

Roughneck04

Posts : 129
Join date : 2014-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by 918soccer on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:42 am

I'm not an attorney but I read the court documents and I don't see this case as one-sided as some of you have suggested. In fact, I see clear problems for Blitz, particularly in regards to OSA's authority and conflict of interest to govern this matter and with Blitz's staged meeting to oust the president and executive board members of Tulsa United.

I also find exception to some of the posts on this forum that suggest MTSC and/or TSC did something improper. While supporting Blitz, OSA specifically addressed this notion in their Blitz Grevience Response filed with the courts and debunked it.

I'm sure there are some on this forum who will continue to conspiracy theorize and color the facts of this case, and as intertaining as that might be, in the end the courts will decide if the merger was legal and provide a clear path to resolution. Hopefully the Tulsa soccer community will support that path, regardless of their current position on the matter.

918soccer

Posts : 212
Join date : 2014-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:11 pm

918soccer wrote:I'm not an attorney but I read the court documents and I don't see this case as one-sided as some of you have suggested. In fact, I see clear problems for Blitz, particularly in regards to OSA's authority and conflict of interest to govern this matter and with Blitz's staged meeting to oust the president and executive board members of Tulsa United.

I also find exception to some of the posts on this forum that suggest MTSC and/or TSC did something improper. While supporting Blitz, OSA specifically addressed this notion in their Blitz Grevience Response filed with the courts and debunked it.

I'm sure there are some on this forum who will continue to conspiracy theorize and color the facts of this case, and as intertaining as that might be, in the end the courts will decide if the merger was legal and provide a clear path to resolution. Hopefully the Tulsa soccer community will support that path, regardless of their current position on the matter.

I’m curious how you can say that coming from the pleadings in this case. What do you read that suggests anything nefarious on the part of Blitz? Legitimate question. Not rumors but something from the Court proceedings themselves.

This is what I see from the pleadings that I think best summarizes things!

“The Goodwin Defendants propose that secret bylaws, drafted by Marlon Goodwin's brother-in-law for the purposes of secretly transferring TUSC's assets to a competitor without any compensation and without notice to TUSC members, allow them to freely disregard the rights of TUSC's members, the obligations imposed by TUSC's bylaws, and Oklahoma law.”

“David Perryman testified under oath:

3) That he - and certain other board members - secretly met without notice to all board members and without approval of the club's membership, and voted to transfer all of TUSC's assets to another soccer club, Metro [Ex.3, 32:22-33:7];
4) That he signed a non-disclosure agreement to "keep the merger quiet" from the club's membership [Ex.3, 51:10-19];
5) That somebody from Metro has taken over the money [Ex.3, 62:17-21];
6) That he and the Goodwin Defendants violated his fiduciary duties to the Tusc membership:”

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm

The only problem I see for TSCH is that they held a practice on the field when there was an injunction to not do so. This may have not been reported to TSCH from MTSCU. This is a issue between Tulsa United and Blitz/OSA, in no way will this affect TSCH. If the merger was wrongefully carried out the Court will decide this and move appropriately. The problems I see affect the kids that play at Blitz because of the unknown issues this has created.

FootballDad05

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:02 pm

FootballDad05 wrote:The only problem I see for TSCH is that they held a practice on the field when there was an injunction to not do so. This may have not been reported to TSCH from MTSCU. This is a issue between Tulsa United and Blitz/OSA, in no way will this affect TSCH. If the merger was wrongefully carried out the Court will decide this and move appropriately. The problems I see affect the kids that play at Blitz because of the unknown issues this has created.


You don't think TSC is pulling the strings of Metro and funding this?

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:17 pm

No, I know the main owner of TSCH personally, he was my DD's rec coach. He doesn't seem to be the type to orchestrate Machiavellian maneuvers. He runs a solid club in TSCH and he honestly cares about the kids that play for TSCH. In this he looks out for anything good to help out TSCH, people can make honest mistakes. What happened between Blitz/OSA and TUSC will be washed out but by saying TSCH will be decimated or have problems with fields w/o Bishop's field is utter nonsense. There are plenty of facilities for TSCH to take advantage of. There are also lots of unused unmaintained fields if anyone had the desire to rent them. One thing about Bishops Field is it's accesabilty that makes it valuable to any club.

Personally I think the merger of MTSC and TUSC would be good for rec soccer in Tulsa in general. Now as far as monopoly or what not I couldn't comment but management and a consolidated rec group with larger pools to coordinate player development I'm all for. Without a core curriculum in place to train kids in a uniform fashion creates the hodge podge of players with unbalanced skills. But by evaluating and grouping players of equal talent at tounger ages you can benefit all kids developmentally. I think ranking is nonsense at that age although parents will always want to say they are the first ream.


Last edited by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

FootballDad05

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 pm

As to trying to destroy Blitz I think that would be harmful to TSCH in that there is limited competition as there is in Tulsa. Also as plenty of people have posted TSCH will search for local talent as needed.

FootballDad05

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by 918SoccerMom on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:51 am

Anything new on the case?

918SoccerMom

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by Rico S on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:38 pm

918SoccerMom wrote:Anything new on the case?

Court ruled against MTSC"s motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

Apparently parties are talking outside of court seeking some sort of compromise.


Rico S

Posts : 82
Join date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: MTSC and Tulsa United Merger Opinion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum