Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Buy registered british council ielts online in DUBAI,UAE(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

» Biometric ielts/toefl/pte certificates without exam in SAUDI ARABIA(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (infodocuments4@gmail.com)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams  @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Buy Verified European /US /UK passport, id cards,Visas,Driver's License @ infodocuments4@gmail.com
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

» Buy counterfeit money,Real and Fake Passports,ID etc (masterproduction21@gmail.com)
by cleandocs Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Statistics
We have 446 registered users
The newest registered user is Ibrahimsylla

Our users have posted a total of 6890 messages in 440 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Blue Room

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Blue Room

Post by bird04 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:20 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Oakie75 wrote:Yeah because the other clubs are so much better at development.  
This actually has me curious.  How many Blitz developed players are on Griffin and Parker?   No harm intended just curious as i know Blitz lost a lot of players last year.   Also, i can't remember if its 01 or 02 but isn't one of those ECNL teams primarily a Blitz developed team that the coach was paid to come to TSC.   Again, no flame just curiosity as my DD is with a small club that doesn't have much politics but is heavily recruited.  

I think it's the 99 (maybe 98? Maybe both?) ECNL squad. The 01's about half and half? Can't keep up with it! I think that the trend has been for less and less wholesale team movement from Blitz over the last few years. I know that the 00's came over, but not a ton of movement from them to ECNL...should've been a lot of movement, but didn't happen...

There is one "Blitz developed" player on Griffin...although, if you go back another year, there are two more...but after two years at TSC, wouldn't call 'em Blitz developed at this point. On Parker, I think it's 3...Hope that helps!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 pm

bird04 wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Oakie75 wrote:Yeah because the other clubs are so much better at development.  
This actually has me curious.  How many Blitz developed players are on Griffin and Parker?   No harm intended just curious as i know Blitz lost a lot of players last year.   Also, i can't remember if its 01 or 02 but isn't one of those ECNL teams primarily a Blitz developed team that the coach was paid to come to TSC.   Again, no flame just curiosity as my DD is with a small club that doesn't have much politics but is heavily recruited.  

I think it's the 99 (maybe 98? Maybe both?) ECNL squad. The 01's about half and half? Can't keep up with it! I think that the trend has been for less and less wholesale team movement from Blitz over the last few years. I know that the 00's came over, but not a ton of movement from them to ECNL...should've been a lot of movement, but didn't happen...

There is one "Blitz developed" player on Griffin...although, if you go back another year, there are two more...but after two years at TSC, wouldn't call 'em Blitz developed at this point. On Parker, I think it's 3...Hope that helps!
Thats a great question by the way. When does one clubs development give way to another clubs.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Why wouldn't any of the Amos players get a shot at guesting? It's not as if they haven't already picked up his top 2 players from last year and his top player from the Fall season. Looks like his other girls should be given the opportunity. He's obviously the real development coach of the '04 TSC group.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:29 pm

I agree... Amos has been consistent in developing good teams and players... He has a great track record with that old 03 team of his...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Amos players have guest played with Parker. They actually happen to play in the same OPL league so cant play on another team in the same league. How dare they try and make teams better. Thats just crazy. If the other clubs had the option they would do the same thing. Texas teams do it all the time as well. Smaller clubs just dont have that option.
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Roughneck04 wrote:Why wouldn't any of the Amos players get a shot at guesting?  It's not as if they haven't already picked up his top 2 players from last year and his top player from the Fall season.  Looks like his other girls should be given the opportunity. He's obviously the real development coach of the '04 TSC group.

If they can beat some of the teams in OPL, I suspect that they'll get a fair look...hope they do!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:18 am

Oakie75 wrote:Amos players have guest played with Parker.  They actually happen to play in the same OPL league so cant play on another team in the same league.  How dare they try and make teams better.  Thats just crazy.  If the other clubs had the option they would do the same thing.  Texas teams do it all the time as well.  Smaller clubs just dont have that option.

Ah, I forgot about not guesting in the same league. However, there are still 4 other '04 teams at TSC and a stout '05 team. Harding just won there division at Lexus Cup and Sharp beat Parker at Highlander's Cup. So those teams obviously have a couple of players. It's pretty weak guesting players down for a league game. But if that's what's needed to compete, then more power to you guys.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 am

@oakie75 that's fine then just say we are trying to get better that way we can compete with slsc instead of bragging about how well u guys have been playing and it's between u and ofc for the top spot.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:29 am

Ive never bragged one time. Since when have we not competed with Cosmos? We split games I believe? Show where Ive said its between OFC and TSC? Never have. These are 12 year old girls. Anything can happen. I think OFC and the Cosmos have good teams. Think you are confusing me with someone else.
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:57 am

I might be, lol.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 am

It was bigbadwolf

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:44 am

Just stating the facts (something you don't see on this forum very often) and giving credit where credit is due. If your team would have played in the Lexus Cup and they won the championship I would say the same thing about your team.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:04 am

Oakie75 wrote:Ive never bragged one time.  Since when have we not competed with Cosmos?  We split games I believe?  Show where Ive said its between OFC and TSC?  Never have.  These are 12 year old girls.  Anything can happen.  I think OFC and the Cosmos have good teams.  Think you are confusing me with someone else.

Well, I guess it's not technically against the rules so its a viable play. It's shady and doesn't help the girls development. But if you're comfortable with it, then I guess that's all that matters.

That being said, if Cosmos wins then I vote they get an extra point. cheers

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:08 pm

TSC and OFC use the system to get W's. They don't use it to develop players. If they were playing an upper level role player on a lower level team for the experience, that would be development. What I see is upper level strikers and center mid's guest playing down a level OR TWO. The only thing it's developing is their record and it's actually serving to stifle the "development" of the ROSTERED kids on those lower level teams. Blitz did the same thing more than anyone when they had enough teams to do it with.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Blameitontheref on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:46 pm

You have to realize that Griffin or Beattie or any other players guesting is really not a big master plan of TSC to win games in the lower leagues. I doubt if top brass has a clue who guests when. It is mainly being driven by parents asking for guest opportunities to "get their kids more touches", which also serves the dual purpose of getting their kid seen by all the coaches. Not saying that's a bad thing. I've done it and I've come to realize that's how the world works for the most part. The other reason it happens is just coaches needing bodies for when their kids are gone or hurt. The case of coaches actually asking for kids from a higher team to play down just so they can win is a pretty rare occurrence. But it DOES happen. Just not as much as you might think.

Blameitontheref

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:16 pm

I think it is coaches. I also don't think TSC is he worst. Blitz was the worst when they had enough teams to do it. I think they limited the CPP thing to three players a year or so ago to stop blitz from wholesale abuse. I watched them play players down like that to 8-0 a team. It makes me see what's going on with them and be able to look at tsc as the "good guys" in comparison.

I just think to drop a stud player down from a future ECNL level team to the 4th or 5th team in the club is NOT developmental. That's when you bring down substitutes to get them game time to DEVELOP them. That's not what I see happening.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:16 pm

I see it as a combination of coaches and parents. My player has been asked to guest play on many teams from lower level to comparable level and even a few teams an age group ahead and have never asked a coach or another parent of we could. Every time it has been by invitation only... In some cases I believe adding an upper level player can help the team play to a higher standard. Almost a confidence thing...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:36 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:I think it is coaches. I also don't think TSC is he worst. Blitz was the worst when they had enough teams to do it. I think they limited the CPP thing to three players a year or so ago to stop blitz from wholesale abuse. I watched them play players down like that to 8-0 a team. It makes me see what's going on with them and be able to look at tsc as the "good guys" in comparison.  

Sorry, but I have to call BS on that one.  At least in the '04 age group this has not happened.  My daughter has played against the old Blitz White and Blitz Red for years, and Blitz Red rarely ever had guests players.  Also, Blitz Navy didn't use players from the top '04 Blitz team last year. Now I don't know if this happens with Blitz teams in other age groups or with the boys.  But I know that it hasn't happened with their '04 girls group over the last 4 years.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dropball on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:08 am

I agree with roughneck atleast in the 04' s

Dropball

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:07 pm

I have a 97 and this wasn't an issue when he was playing because the pass thing wasn't around or it just wasn't as prevalent. There was some guest playing but it was minimal. My '04 plays on a small town '03 team. I see the game cards and I have a friend who sees it on the boys side as well in his role as the coach. The limit of three per game really shut down the abuse. We used it a year or two ago to keep a team afloat that needed to go away but it allowed them to finish out the year. We use it now due to injuries and losses of kids but we bring younger players up. I think it's a good rule to allow flexibility. I just think it's abused by some. I don't think it's some grand club strategy but I do think some groupings of coaches utilize it to gain a competitive advantage. It's popped up 3 times this season and 2 of them are what I'd consider inappropriate.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:40 pm

I remember quite a bit of guest playing in previous years leading up to tryouts to hopefully get kids to come to another team... Spring tournaments mostly.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I remember quite a bit of guest playing in previous years leading up to tryouts to hopefully get kids to come to another team...  Spring tournaments mostly.  
That's a whole different animal. Guesting in tournaments is to be expected and is a great way to let a kid/parents try out a team and vice versa. Pulling in multiple star players for a league game is not to be expected. It makes those league standings kind of irrelevant to me.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Spot on...
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3