Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Mexican and Scandinavian Teams Confirmed
by DIGC_IBC Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 pm

» 2018 World Pre-Collegiate Soccer Championship Tournament & Showcase
by Texas Soccer Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:40 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by DIGC_IBC Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 pm

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by DIGC_IBC Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:08 pm

» Youthsoccerrankings.net problem
by 918soccer Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:59 pm

» Happy with OK soccer?
by SSD2004 Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:54 pm

» Top 06 team?
by Knuckleball Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:02 pm

» DA's impact on tournaments
by SSD2004 Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 pm

» DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA
by 918soccer Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

» OFC Joins Super Y League (SYL)
by 918soccer Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:17 am

» Results aren't important?
by The Soccer 1% Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:52 am

» Changes coming to TSC?
by BASoccer Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:04 am

» 04 Griffin Regionals
by Celtic05Dad Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 pm

» New Oklahoma Energy FC Logo
by BASoccer Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 pm

» Fall 2017
by Yellowcard Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

» SuperCopa 2017
by Celtic05Dad Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

» NTX STX State Cup
by 918soccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 pm

» ENERGY MLS SCUTTLED?
by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm

» Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?
by 918soccer Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

» South lakes needs a keeper.
by misfit31 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am

Statistics
We have 436 registered users
The newest registered user is Texas Soccer

Our users have posted a total of 6860 messages in 410 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


Age Pure Projections

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:12 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:This Griffin love is almost unpalatable. You would think from this board the US national coaches should probably forego recruiting anywhere in the nation and focus all their activities in Tulsa.

Now for some truth!   Does Griffin have some good players?  Yes.  Do they have the 10 - 14 best players in the state? No.   Do they have a 10 - 14 girls that would make a player pool of the top 40 kids in the state?  Yes.    Are they the best TEAM in the state currently? Yes.

This is how this works.  I've seen kids from Griffin and other top teams throughout age brackets go and play on other teams and they look very average.   Often times, especially at these young ages, the sum is greater than the parts.   In this instance, Griffin has more kids that are probably serious about soccer and due to the size of the club, if your not serious your gone.   So, as a team they are more effective than some smaller clubs whose 10 - 14 maybe aren't quite as advanced.   I like what Blitz parents used to describe
what their coach has been forced to integrate this year.  

Why is Griffin probably the top team in the state this year?  Its not because of their top players but most likely because of players 10 – 15 aka depth.
 
Will the Griffin players remain top players from now to eternity?  Probably not.    You can recruit and advocate that they will but the truth is size and speed will equal out.  Boys will come into the picture.  Puberty is hitting.  Other sports may invade.  

Patience!  It’s a marathon not a sprint.




I like your way of thinking! All good stuff... Even the part later about the corner kicks! But the silver 2 bracket in 03s is probably close to even with the gold 04 bracket... IMO...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:13 pm

bird04 wrote:There are a number of girls on our team that are good at corner kicks, maybe one that takes the corner more often, but 4 total regular "corner kickers" that come to mind right off the bat...none of which is a specialty player by any means nor someone that the coach would "hide" nor someone who is "failing the team". They all are quite good in the other general areas of the game. It has been remarked on this board before that the players on Griffin are moved in and out of their normal position quite a bit to develop that "utility" ability. So I don't think ENERGY's concern about our coaches' style or means is warranted. I don't think i mentioned a concern about your style of soccer. I have no comment on style I really mean it and am not being "PC" when I say the range of abilities is pretty tight on this team, so when you are speaking "depth", it's not like the players coming off the bench are slouches! Of course, like all here, I am biased when it comes to our girls. So I could be way off base and self-deluding...

I do agree with The Soccer 1% that the level of competition we have played over the last year has some of us worried. That could end up biting us. Shout out to Stump 03, however, as I think that they have improved tremendously and should do better than people expect in State Cup. Played them the other night and they are a different team than I've seen in the past.

My point is this. Griffin does not have the 14-15 best players in the state. They DO have better depth at the bottom of the roster which is what creates the separation, if the assumption there is a vast separation as a team is correct.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:This Griffin love is almost unpalatable. You would think from this board the US national coaches should probably forego recruiting anywhere in the nation and focus all their activities in Tulsa.

Now for some truth!   Does Griffin have some good players?  Yes.  Do they have the 10 - 14 best players in the state? No.   Do they have a 10 - 14 girls that would make a player pool of the top 40 kids in the state?  Yes.    Are they the best TEAM in the state currently? Yes.

This is how this works.  I've seen kids from Griffin and other top teams throughout age brackets go and play on other teams and they look very average.   Often times, especially at these young ages, the sum is greater than the parts.   In this instance, Griffin has more kids that are probably serious about soccer and due to the size of the club, if your not serious your gone.   So, as a team they are more effective than some smaller clubs whose 10 - 14 maybe aren't quite as advanced.   I like what Blitz parents used to describe
what their coach has been forced to integrate this year.  

Why is Griffin probably the top team in the state this year?  Its not because of their top players but most likely because of players 10 – 15 aka depth.
 
Will the Griffin players remain top players from now to eternity?  Probably not.    You can recruit and advocate that they will but the truth is size and speed will equal out.  Boys will come into the picture.  Puberty is hitting.  Other sports may invade.  

Patience!  It’s a marathon not a sprint.




I like your way of thinking!  All good stuff...  Even the part later about the corner kicks!  But the silver 2 bracket in 03s is probably close to even with the gold 04 bracket...  IMO...
Yellowcard. I don't mean this offensive but the Silver II in OPL U13 is nowhere near u12 gold right now mainly because the top teams in U13 are playing SRPL which greatly watered the bracket down.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by nat on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:29 pm

The love fest with Griffin's players is embarrassing.

nat

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:36 pm

nat wrote:The love fest with Griffin's players is embarrassing.
Like I said. According to this board the US National team should divert all its resources to Tulsa as the next squad will be filled with Griffin players.

Reality is its part parents promoting their team (some may not even realize what they are doing) and kids (Griffin parents should be proud of their successes) but its also trying to promote a TSC view of soccer that's not always grounded in reality. Some parents are very concerned that the time, political moves and finances they have spent to ensure their DD on an ECNL team may have gone to waste. How to correct that? Push the propaganda even harder. Lucky for most, if TSC coaches are worth anything they will care less what team a player is on but rather how they fit in a system or team.

Don't forget the other motive. TSC is on a mission to destroy Blitz. Constant reminders of how great they are feeds into this propaganda machine. TSC parents bite into this as well.

In the end, sit back and enjoy. Pray for the kids whose dreams are going to be crushed and pray their parents have the fortitude to give them the necessary love to overcome this strange year in soccer. I truly worried that both parents and kids are not prepared to handle the possible rejection they will receive in the coming months which could turn into nasty situations. I wish this on no kid and hope parents can prepare themselves for that awful scenario in which their child does not make the first team for the first time.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:59 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:This Griffin love is almost unpalatable. You would think from this board the US national coaches should probably forego recruiting anywhere in the nation and focus all their activities in Tulsa.

Now for some truth!   Does Griffin have some good players?  Yes.  Do they have the 10 - 14 best players in the state? No.   Do they have a 10 - 14 girls that would make a player pool of the top 40 kids in the state?  Yes.    Are they the best TEAM in the state currently? Yes.

This is how this works.  I've seen kids from Griffin and other top teams throughout age brackets go and play on other teams and they look very average.   Often times, especially at these young ages, the sum is greater than the parts.   In this instance, Griffin has more kids that are probably serious about soccer and due to the size of the club, if your not serious your gone.   So, as a team they are more effective than some smaller clubs whose 10 - 14 maybe aren't quite as advanced.   I like what Blitz parents used to describe
what their coach has been forced to integrate this year.  

Why is Griffin probably the top team in the state this year?  Its not because of their top players but most likely because of players 10 – 15 aka depth.
 
Will the Griffin players remain top players from now to eternity?  Probably not.    You can recruit and advocate that they will but the truth is size and speed will equal out.  Boys will come into the picture.  Puberty is hitting.  Other sports may invade.  

Patience!  It’s a marathon not a sprint.




I like your way of thinking!  All good stuff...  Even the part later about the corner kicks!  But the silver 2 bracket in 03s is probably close to even with the gold 04 bracket...  IMO...
 Yellowcard.   I don't mean this offensive but the Silver II in OPL U13 is nowhere near u12 gold right now mainly because the top teams in U13 are playing SRPL which greatly watered the bracket down.

No offense taken! But unless those teams have played Stump, Sharp, or CVFC this year I wouldn't say they are nowhere near... Those are teams that can be deceiving.
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:03 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
nat wrote:The love fest with Griffin's players is embarrassing.
Like I said.  According to this board the US National team should divert all its resources to Tulsa as the next squad will be filled with Griffin players.

Reality is its part parents promoting their team (some may not even realize what they are doing) and kids (Griffin parents should be proud of their successes) but its also trying to promote a TSC view of soccer that's not always grounded in reality.  Some parents are very concerned that the time, political moves and finances they have spent to ensure their DD on an ECNL team may have gone to waste.   How to correct that?  Push the propaganda even harder.   Lucky for most, if TSC coaches are worth anything they will care less what team a player is on but rather how they fit in a system or team.  

Don't forget the other motive.   TSC is on a mission to destroy Blitz.   Constant reminders of how great they are feeds into this propaganda machine.  TSC parents bite into this as well.  

In the end, sit back and enjoy.   Pray for the kids whose dreams are going to be crushed and pray their parents have the fortitude to give them the necessary love to overcome this strange year in soccer.  I truly worried that both parents and kids are not prepared to handle the possible rejection they will receive in the coming months which could turn into nasty situations.   I wish this on no kid and hope parents can prepare themselves for that awful scenario in which their child does not make the first team for the first time.

Spot on!!! The reason they push the propaganda is for fear! Unrealistic expectations!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by FUBAR on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Just curious yellowcard, but who told you the best player on the Griffin team was an 04?

FUBAR

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Steve, Jim, and Bill all said it...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Oh and I heard Frank say it a few times too...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by FUBAR on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Just curious if it was a parent, coach, or national team represenative? I have watched this team and I would have to agree with Bird that they are all pretty good. I think you could say the same about other teams also. I guess we will find out this weekend.

FUBAR

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by FUBAR on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:24 pm

What about Sally did she say it?

FUBAR

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't know anyone named Sally... But really I had dinner with Jen Woodie to discuss my daughter and she mentioned it to me...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by FUBAR on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Thanks for the info Yellowcard.

FUBAR

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:40 pm

You are welcome! Anytime I can help out please let me know!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Sally on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:06 pm

YELLOWCARD is correct.
avatar
Sally

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by bird04 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Sally wrote:YELLOWCARD is correct.

Welcome, Sally...we've heard a lot about you! Razz Razz

bird04

Posts : 441
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by FUBAR on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:26 pm

OMG! Sally has spoken. Sally, can you please share more 12 year old girls soccer knowledge with us all?
Pleeeeease! Any State Cup predictions you would like to share? Enlighten us all (:

FUBAR

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Yellowcard on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:43 pm

I can promise you I don't know Sally but she seems to know her stuff!!!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by The Soccer 1% on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:16 pm

bird04 wrote:There are a number of girls on our team that are good at corner kicks, maybe one that takes the corner more often, but 4 total regular "corner kickers" that come to mind right off the bat...none of which is a specialty player by any means nor someone that the coach would "hide" nor someone who is "failing the team". They all are quite good in the other general areas of the game. It has been remarked on this board before that the players on Griffin are moved in and out of their normal position quite a bit to develop that "utility" ability. So I don't think ENERGY's concern about our coaches' style or means is warranted. I really mean it and am not being "PC" when I say the range of abilities is pretty tight on this team, so when you are speaking "depth", it's not like the players coming off the bench are slouches! Of course, like all here, I am biased when it comes to our girls. So I could be way off base and self-deluding...

I do agree with The Soccer 1% that the level of competition we have played over the last year has some of us worried. That could end up biting us. Shout out to Stump 03, however, as I think that they have improved tremendously and should do better than people expect in State Cup. Played them the other night and they are a different team than I've seen in the past.
Dude, what I meant was "they all looked awesome....whoever was sending corner kicks into the mix was doing it like a champ...that stood out."

The Soccer 1%

Posts : 85
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by bird04 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:09 pm

I know...I was responding to ENERGY's assumptions....I appreciated your comments and sorry if I worded things awkwardly....

bird04

Posts : 441
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by SSD2004 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:13 pm

I am going to make sure and bring a tribute to the Griffin girls so as not to anger the soccer gods this weekend. Just to be safe....

SSD2004

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by bird04 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:24 pm

SSD2004 wrote:I am going to make sure and bring a tribute to the Griffin girls so as not to anger the soccer gods this weekend. Just to be safe....

Very good! Razz In twelve year old girls soccer, a random throw of a dart would probably work out just as well...Anyone's to win, IMHO....

bird04

Posts : 441
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:43 pm

bird04 wrote:I know...I was responding to ENERGY's assumptions....I appreciated your comments and sorry if I worded things awkwardly....

Still trying to figure out what assumptions your referring to and/or why they are incorrect.   From rereading my posts (and limiting it to discussion of Griffin) these are what i can tell are my assumptions:

1.   Griffin has good players
2.   Griffin is not comprised of the 10 - 14 best players in the state.
3.   Griffin's kids would most like make a pool of the top 40 kids in the state.
4.   Griffin as currently constructed is the best team in the state.
5.   The sum of a team is greater than its individual parts.
6.   As a team Griffin's depth with players 10 - 14 is what sets them apart in OK.
7.   Will the current Griffin players all remain top players for TSC in the future, no.
8.   Substandard competition in OCL and OPL silver could possibly harm them but maybe they make up for it by more competitive practices.
9.   TSC view of soccer is not always grounded in reality.
10.   If TSC coaches are worth anything they will care less about what  team a player  was on but rather how a player fits a system and pick the best players.
11.   TSC is on a mission to destroy Blitz.
12.  Some kids and parents' world is going to be rocked come tryouts.

Now, I'm not a rocket science but those were the specific comments i believe were directed at TSC and more particular Griffin's team. I'm curious as to how these assumptions are incorrect.


Last edited by ENERGYFC04 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Number6 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:00 pm

I think you just summed up a years worth of post in one post.

Number6

Posts : 26
Join date : 2015-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum