Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
State Cup 2016 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

State Cup 2016

+15
Yellowcard
Dropball
TSCSOCCERDAD
04eastside
Justfirkix
Big Red
Soonerdad04
JenksSoccerDad
ENERGYFC04
bird04
cosmos04
SSD2004
FUBAR
Blameitontheref
Bigbadwolf
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

State Cup 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: State Cup 2016

Post by 04eastside Mon May 02, 2016 7:02 pm

cosmos04 wrote:@justfirkix no I wasn't but when a parent from blitz comes over and says it didn't cross the line then I'm pretty sure it didn't

I think your just trying to get an argument over this. Because if this were me and a parent REALLY did come to you and say that, i would've started out with that and not wait until someone calls me out for wining. I would've simply said,

"Those overly aggressive parents, that were the only parents that had a vantage point to actually see, influenced the ref because they felt it went over the line. They then came and told me it didn't cross the line. "

Yep that's what i would've started with. Not going to argue this one though. I know it did, you felt it didn't, seriously doubt if either of us will change what we think.

I'm just glad Southlakes had no other opportunity in the entire game to score or make a difference. I'm glad the AR made the one correct call, in the entire game, that won it for Blitz.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon May 02, 2016 7:45 pm

04eastside wrote:I know it did, you felt it didn't,  seriously doubt if either of us will change what we think.  

I'm just glad Southlakes had no other opportunity in the entire game to score or make a difference.  I'm glad the AR made the one correct call, in the entire game, that won it for Blitz.

A few questions.....

#1 So from your viewpoint the ball crossed the entire line into the goal area? (I wasn't in a position to see so I can't say yeah or nay....but I few a peeps I trust that state it unequivocally did not cross the line, nor did it even get 25% past the line) Cosmos04 is correct that the line judge wasn't going to motion a goal until the Blitz until the parents started raising hell.

#2 Is your contention that SLSC didn't have any other opportunities to score or that they didn't after the goal? Because if it is the first one you must have gotten there at halftime and/or immediately invalidated your opinion on #1.

End of the day the lesson to my daughter on that game was simply don't put it in the refs hands. That's a lesson I hope many of our girls learned in an otherwise overall good weekend of soccer from SLSC.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Mon May 02, 2016 8:04 pm

SSD2004 wrote:
04eastside wrote:I know it did, you felt it didn't,  seriously doubt if either of us will change what we think.  

I'm just glad Southlakes had no other opportunity in the entire game to score or make a difference.  I'm glad the AR made the one correct call, in the entire game, that won it for Blitz.

A few questions.....

#1 So from your viewpoint the ball crossed the entire line into the goal area? (I wasn't in a position to see so I can't say yeah or nay....but I few a peeps I trust that state it unequivocally did not cross the line, nor did it even get 25% past the line) Cosmos04 is correct that the line judge wasn't going to motion a goal until the Blitz until the parents started raising hell.    

#2 Is your contention that SLSC didn't have any other opportunities to score or that they didn't after the goal?  Because if it is the first one you must have gotten there at halftime and/or immediately invalidated your opinion on #1.

End of the day the lesson to my daughter on that game was simply don't put it in the refs hands.  That's a lesson I hope many of our girls learned in an otherwise overall good weekend of soccer from SLSC.    

#1. Yes, your goalie backed and when she actually dropped to try to stop the ball, she herself was BARELY in front of the line and the bal went between her legs and she reached back to grab but was too late. I actually told my wife and my sister, that sucked for her, because those wierd shots and bounces are tough for any goalie.

#2. Nope, point was, exactly what you told your daughter because i tel mine the same. When you get opportunities you have to capitalize on them. Was being sarcastic because, just like in many other games, there are many opportunities to score. I can even agree southlakes had more than us in the first half.

But that's what determines wins and losses. As you've seen me post on hear several times, learn to just congratulate a team and move on. Get them on the next go round.

You've NEVER seen me on here blame a loss on any external source. At the end of the day, the girls win or lose the game. That's all I'm saying.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Mon May 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Wow.  I golf all day and come back to this!

Here is how i perceive things.  

1.   Congratulations on the teams who made it out.  Good job.  I've seen accusations of parking the bus, bad soccer et al but even if those happened, for the time being its all good.  

2.   I share someone else's sentiment that the SLSC v. Parker was a great soccer game.  I truly thought SLSC played as bad as we could the last time we played them and they played incredible but i thought from both teams perspectives this game was as competitive, clean, hard fought but very good technical soccer that I've seen in maybe two years in an Oklahoma game on the 04 level.  Both teams had good opportunities but it was a true joy to watch that game win or loss!

3.  The blitz game and officiating.   Congratulations Blitz.  They played a hard fought game.  I personally could not see (and know it was very difficult for officials to see with the small blue lines on the field (why do they do that by the way?)) but know there are some strongly held opinions about whether it was fully across the line by both parents and players.   The reality, like it or not, is the ref called it a goal thus it was.   I think the hardest thing was (again this is perception) was it appeared that the AR called it after the parents started yelling.   Regardless, Blitz took care of their opportunity but SLSC did not.  I wish i could come watch the Blitz v. Griffin game as i think it could be surprising  

4.   Also, for blue room, it would have been nice if our starting center would have been able to play this weekend!!!!!! lol

5.   Scoring.  I notice that scoring seems to be down across the board.   I think the days of run on soccer are over.  Teams that last year could muscle through defensive lines and score are now being held scoreless.   Opportunities are rarer.   I think the next year for 04s and 03s will be big as you will see a rise and fall of certain teams based upon their skill level versus their size and strength.

Last edited by ENERGYFC04 on Mon May 02, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Mon May 02, 2016 9:50 pm

cosmos04 wrote:Blitz needs to be thanking the AR and there overly aggressive parents for there advancement to the next round. Everybody knows that ball didn't go over the line and our keeper grabbed it even the AR did and that's why he didn't call it a goal till blitz parents started going nuts and screaming bloody murder. These refs and AR needs to quit letting parents and coaches influence there calls. Yes I know this is blue room material.
First, it's only a foul if the ref blows his whistle and calls it a foul. It's a goal if the ref calls it a goal. Parents don't call fouls or goals, the ref does. I've never seen a ref reverse his decision because a parent gets upset. Usually the opposite. They had the two best teams in the state in the same bracket. If ever the Cosmo's had a chance it should have been this year. I think I remember from last year your state cup/regular season post. There is a theme here. If I'm looking at this purely OBJECTIVELY, I'd say the two TSC teams are best in state and everyone else is vying for 3rd/4th. A good thing for you is there is always next year.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Mon May 02, 2016 10:00 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:
cosmos04 wrote:Blitz needs to be thanking the AR and there overly aggressive parents for there advancement to the next round. Everybody knows that ball didn't go over the line and our keeper grabbed it even the AR did and that's why he didn't call it a goal till blitz parents started going nuts and screaming bloody murder. These refs and AR needs to quit letting parents and coaches influence there calls. Yes I know this is blue room material.
First, it's only a foul if the ref blows his whistle and calls it a foul. It's a goal if the ref calls it a goal. Parents don't call fouls or goals, the ref does. I've never seen a ref reverse his decision because a parent gets upset. Usually the opposite. They had the two best teams in the state in the same bracket. If ever the Cosmo's had a chance it should have been this year. I think I remember from last year your state cup/regular season post. There is a theme here. If I'm looking at this purely OBJECTIVELY, I'd say the two TSC teams are best in state and everyone else is vying for 3rd/4th. A good thing for you is there is always next year.

Maybe Parker parents will say that yesterday was a bad day. That said, I saw two very evenly matched soccer teams end a tie game. Any alleged separation is minimal at best. That said, SLSC did not take advantage of multiple opportunities and other teams did so thus the standings look like they do. I'm sure OFC and others can share the same sentiment. Any knowledgeable soccer parent realizes that scores are not always indicative of how a game is played or who the better or more deserving teams are. Not saying that applies here as the winning teams are very deserving but i am saying the margin of separation is razor thin.

Regardless, any arguments of huge separation are misleading. If anything, i believe this age group very competitive 1 - 5 or 6 at least. Each game could be decided on how a ref calls a game, what 12 year old girls decide to show up and who had and didn't have McDonalds for lunch. The margin of error is little if any.

The one good thing is as we end these age combinations is that there are some very good soccer players spread across this great state (if Mary Fallin doesn't continue to screw it up Laughing ) and its been a joy to watch. Next year shall be very interesting!

Good luck to everyone at tryouts and congrats to those teams who advanced to the semifinals.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dropball Mon May 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Wow crazy how blitz parents can sway the refs. And how slsc parents are so quiet. "Somebody let griffin know blitz parents will be there in force to sway the refs" Lol Lol

Dropball

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Wed May 04, 2016 12:01 am

Here are my predictions for the State Cup Finals this weekend.

After reviewing instant replay and interviewing Blitz parents the goal counts and Blitz advances.

GRIFFIN 3 BLITZ 1

PARKER 2 CAREENO 1

Upset in the final:

PARKER 2 GRIFFIN 1

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed May 04, 2016 12:19 am

No predictions...anybody's to win. Plus, hubris or karma or whatever.....! Razz

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 04, 2016 1:32 am

All ties... 4 champions this year is what I heard!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Soonerdad04 Wed May 04, 2016 3:49 am

Good luck to all the teams in the semifinals !

Soonerdad04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Wed May 04, 2016 7:16 pm

I'll go ahead and give my prediction. TSCH wins in the final.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed May 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Everyone gets a participation trophy!!!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Wed May 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Griffin 4-0 over blitz
Parker 2-0 over carreno
Parker wins state cup in pk's

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Thu May 05, 2016 2:26 pm

Griffin rolls.....

Griffin 5-0 over Blitz
Parker 2-1 over Carreno

Griffin 2-0 over Parker

Parker* could feasibly beat Griffin but not regular Parker

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri May 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Griffin 1- 0 over Blitz.
Parker 2 - 0 over Carreno.

Griffin and Parker in Finals. 1 - 0 griffin and/or 0-0 / 1-1 game goes to penalty kicks which Parker wins.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri May 06, 2016 2:59 pm

I am going for the upset Parker over Griffin in PKs. It is a redo of the 02s a few years ago when Griffin had the 2nd team and they upset Parker in the finals.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Fri May 06, 2016 4:04 pm

What team is "Parker* could feasibly beat Griffin" this?

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri May 06, 2016 4:30 pm

And it is that same thought process that too teams have that cause their own issues.... Parkers 02s should've won it that year but I'm sure they thought we are the #1 team this shouldn't be hard and Griffin who had the #2 team came out trying to prove something... Happens all the time.... If I was betting I wouldn't bet again Griff I am just going for the upset since something similar happened a few years ago between the same two coaches.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Fri May 06, 2016 4:33 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:What team is "Parker* could feasibly beat Griffin" this?

A few weeks before the State Cup Parker brought in some "kids" from the Dominican Republic to beat up on SLSC and probably more so, OFC. They slaughtered SLSC 6-1 and were rained out on the OFC game before they could enact punishment.

That team could beat Griffin.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri May 06, 2016 4:52 pm

That team was probably Griffin 2.0...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Fri May 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Yellowcard wrote:That team was probably Griffin 2.0...

Parker*
Griffin 2.0

Tomato/tomato

lol!

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri May 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Yellowcard wrote:That team was probably Griffin 2.0...
Griffin 2.0. Heck, i thought i saw Carli Loyd on the field that day. I kept wanting to go pull their hair (ie She's the Man - you dad's with DD should know what I'm referring too lol) to get the wigs off.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Soonerdad04 Sat May 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Great job to Griffin and Parker on their wins today! Congrats to Blitz and Carreno for making semis!

Soonerdad04

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Sat May 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Just want to say congrats to Griffin on their win today.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next