Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Buy registered british council ielts online in DUBAI,UAE(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

» Biometric ielts/toefl/pte certificates without exam in SAUDI ARABIA(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (infodocuments4@gmail.com)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams  @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Buy Verified European /US /UK passport, id cards,Visas,Driver's License @ infodocuments4@gmail.com
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

» Buy counterfeit money,Real and Fake Passports,ID etc (masterproduction21@gmail.com)
by cleandocs Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Statistics
We have 446 registered users
The newest registered user is Ibrahimsylla

Our users have posted a total of 6890 messages in 440 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


ECNL Combines!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:
Sally wrote:
TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:I showed up with my DD, but it was actually the 1903's. They let her try out anyway, even though she was playing up 100 years.

Don't quit your day job.

Yeah that was some weak material...  Not even a little funny.  Really that was bad.  
Didn't you...type a fake letter?????

No! That was a real letter... Didn't you see the letterhead? How could I make up something like that? I have connections on the inside!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by That Annoying Itch on Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 pm

I sure missed a lot while I was gone. Yellowcard, will you share the roster with us? I really need to know if my dd is on it? The pressure is killing me.

That Annoying Itch

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Wed May 04, 2016 1:29 am

Don't worry! She made the cut... She doesn't even need to show up next week... Already on the roster. That being said, none of the Griffin players need to show up... They all made it.
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Blameitontheref on Tue May 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Anyone heard what their backup plan is for ECNL tryouts this week? Looking possible the weather will mess up tomorrow night. Think they'll add another night, or just have it Thursday and call it good.. In other words, do you think they're legit tryouts, or do you think the decisions are already made...?

Blameitontheref

Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Rainbow on Tue May 10, 2016 6:05 pm

This legit tryout things kills me... hopefully any good coach has done their research up to this point to be familiar with the age group they will have and have formed opinions on what they want to do.

Here is what I would struggle with...
Player A you have watched in a couple let's say state cup games or maybe a tournament finale. You marked players A as being strong and they where consistent in their level of play each time you watched them. They are not the top player in the group but maybe fall in the 12 - 16 spot on a team.

Player B shows up at tryouts and knocks it out of the park. You knew nothing about player B before that day.

What do you do? Maybe player B looked so great because players 1 - 10 already knew they where on the team and they didn't really give 100% Maybe player B had the day of their life and will never repeat that performance again... Why didn't player B reach out to you sooner so you could evaluate them... maybe they are not that committed???? Maybe they are....

I think sometimes player B makes it and #16 gets dropped and I think sometimes player B does not make it and is placed on lower team to be watched and pulled in if it winds up being the correct thing to do.

My point is I have to believe there is much more to the decision making around team placement than what happens in 2 - 3 90 min training sessions where some players look good because they know the drill and have friends in the group and some players maybe struggle because they do not know the drills and maybe are not as comfortable because they do not know most of the team.

Rainbow

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Tue May 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Rainbow wrote:This legit tryout things kills me... hopefully any good coach has done their research up to this point to be familiar with the age group they will have and have formed opinions on what they want to do.

Here is what I would struggle with...
Player A you have watched in a couple let's say state cup games or maybe a tournament finale.  You marked players A as being strong and they where consistent in their level of play each time you watched them.  They are not the top player in the group but maybe fall in the 12 - 16 spot on a team.

Player B shows up at tryouts and knocks it out of the park.  You knew nothing about player B before that day.

What do you do?  Maybe player B looked so great because players 1 - 10 already knew they where on the team and they didn't really give 100%  Maybe player B had the day of their life and will never repeat that performance again...  Why didn't player B reach out to you sooner so you could evaluate them... maybe they are not that committed????  Maybe they are....

I think sometimes player B makes it and #16 gets dropped and I think sometimes player B does not make it and is placed on lower team to be watched and pulled in if it winds up being the correct thing to do.

My point is I have to believe there is much more to the decision making around team placement than what happens in 2 - 3 90 min training sessions where some players look good because they know the drill and have friends in the group and some players maybe struggle because they do not know the drills and maybe are not as comfortable because they do not know most of the team.
In a normal year i would agree 100 percent that coaches should know who to take. I think this year is so unique in so many ways because of the age change. I mean how can you compare 05s who are true age 04s with 04s that are true age? Its a true conundrum for coaches like never before. You have to extrapolate how different girls fit within the parameters of a certain team and so on.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 10, 2016 6:59 pm

I know the ECNL coach and other top coaches have been attending games quite frequently... I think they will also rely on some of the current coaches to provide accurate assessment of their current players etc. Those are real behind the scenes talks that parents aren't privy to in the attempt to leave some of the politics out of it. Some coaches will try to build a team based on athletes and others will do it based off of position. Typically the players that are on the older part of the spectrum IE: pure age will have some edge over the younger players coming up. Size will make a difference to some coaches and speed is always a factor.

How do you determine who is 12-16 or who is 1-10? Its not like the coaches put a ranking sheet out for anyone? Or do they? LOL By now the coaches have at least seen the players on the field once I am sure...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Sally on Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Whoa I guess there are tryouts tonight after all. YES!!!!!!
avatar
Sally

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Rainbow on Tue May 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Each coach would have their list for their team. That's the only list that matters. Depending on their style and their preferences 1 - 10 could look different from coach to coach although there are prob several players that regardless of the coach will always make the list.

Rainbow

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Sally wrote:Whoa   I guess there are tryouts tonight after all.  YES!!!!!!

Tonight is only for the players that aren't going to make it...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Rainbow wrote:Each coach would have their list for their team.  That's the only list that matters.  Depending on their style and their preferences 1 - 10 could look different from coach to coach although there are prob several players that regardless of the coach will always make the list.

And there will always be parents that line the pockets of the coach to make the list!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Rainbow on Tue May 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Yeah I hate that but I have seen it happen way to often to even begin to say that's not true. I do think coaches should help clear this up by atleast not doing private lessons for players that are on their team. It is a no win situation. In some cases the player improves because of the extra work and deserves the time and some times it just seems like it is a way to buy a place on a team or to buy game time.



Rainbow

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Rainbow wrote:Yeah I hate that but I have seen it happen way to often to even begin to say that's not true.  I do think coaches should help clear this up by atleast not doing private lessons for players that are on their team.  It is a no win situation.  In some cases the player improves because of the extra work and deserves the time and some times it just seems like it is a way to buy a place on a team or to buy game time.



So accurate!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by redcard on Tue May 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Yellow card I totally disagree!! Shubert would never let that happen!! Have you met the guy! He wants the best. If they dont have the best and are not successful they cant stay in the ECNL!

redcard

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Rainbow on Tue May 10, 2016 7:47 pm

I have not seen it in ECNL... younger ages leading up to ECNL

Rainbow

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 10, 2016 8:01 pm

redcard wrote:Yellow card I totally disagree!! Shubert would never let that happen!! Have you met the guy! He wants the best. If they dont have the best and are not successful they cant stay in the ECNL!

I was also talking about the younger ages more... I have some insight into a couple of the ECNL teams and have heard of a little parental guidance happening there too but not specifics to say money or what exactly but that something goes on...
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by redcard on Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

I have a ton of insight to the Ecnl also but parents can either go to coach and address it and if that doesnt work go to DOC..Parents love to bitch from the sideline but do nothing about it. I actually make my player who is young address the coaches. Much more effective than parents. I can only seeing one coach doing that and not necissarily intentional. With that said thats whats great about only having a coach for a limited time. I know we are ready for another coach. Not that he did a bad job. He acrually grew the team Just new eyes to see where improvement needs to be made.

redcard

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by redcard on Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

I have a ton of insight to the Ecnl also but parents can either go to coach and address it and if that doesnt work go to DOC..Parents love to bitch from the sideline but do nothing about it. I actually make my player who is young address the coaches. Much more effective than parents. I can only seeing one coach doing that and not necissarily intentional. With that said thats whats great about only having a coach for a limited time. I know we are ready for another coach. Not that he did a bad job. He acrually grew the team Just new eyes to see where improvement needs to be made.

redcard

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Sally on Tue May 10, 2016 8:44 pm

^ He has two tons
avatar
Sally

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Wed May 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Rainbow wrote:Yeah I hate that but I have seen it happen way to often to even begin to say that's not true.  I do think coaches should help clear this up by atleast not doing private lessons for players that are on their team.  It is a no win situation.  In some cases the player improves because of the extra work and deserves the time and some times it just seems like it is a way to buy a place on a team or to buy game time.



There are too many good coaches out there to get privates from. A club coach should rarely if ever take money for privates for his or her players. Why? Because, regardless if right or wrong it is toxic to group as a whole, especially the parents. IF the player receiving the privates gets more playing time, plays over another kid or plays a certain position there will be charges of nepotism. Again, these charges may or may not be justified but in the end they are toxic to the parent group. When the parent group starts gossiping and becomes toxic it filters to the kids.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD on Wed May 11, 2016 2:47 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Rainbow wrote:Yeah I hate that but I have seen it happen way to often to even begin to say that's not true.  I do think coaches should help clear this up by atleast not doing private lessons for players that are on their team.  It is a no win situation.  In some cases the player improves because of the extra work and deserves the time and some times it just seems like it is a way to buy a place on a team or to buy game time.



There are too many good coaches out there to get privates from. A club coach should rarely if ever take money for privates for his or her players.   Why?  Because, regardless if right or wrong it is toxic to group as a whole, especially the parents.  IF the player receiving the privates gets more playing time, plays over another kid or plays a certain position there will be charges of nepotism. Again, these charges may or may not be justified but in the end they are toxic to the parent group.  When the parent group starts gossiping and becomes toxic it filters to the kids.
I've seen parents hold their kids back under pressure of what other parents might think. I would do what's best for my child no matter what anyone else thinks. Most parents look at their kids through rose colored glasses. They think their kid should be starting over so and so. On the flip side of the argument, your coach see's your kid everyday and knows what they need to work on or what drills would benefit them most. Maybe your coach is notorious for being the best skill developer in your club. Your going to deny your child that opportunity just cause another parent may disapprove? That being said, some parents will seek out that coach to try and get their kid "in" so to speak and that coach may favor that kid because of that, but I still wouldn't let that stop me if I though it best for my child.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Wed May 11, 2016 2:55 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD. I see your point but for me, I disagree and believe there are other avenues. Take my DD for example. The gentleman she trains with is very good but I have asked (and he has obliged) to tell my DD's private trainer what areas of soccer she needs to work on. I think thats the prudent way of going about it and satisfies the need to do whats best for your child. Some trainers are better than others and some fit with your child better than others. That said, a club the size of TSC and frankly the size of the metroplexes i think there are enough options that is not necessary to get privates from your coach.

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard on Wed May 11, 2016 3:05 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:TSCSOCCERDAD.  I see your point but for me, I disagree and believe there are other avenues.   Take my DD for example.  The gentleman she trains with is very good but I have asked (and he has obliged) to tell my DD's private trainer what areas of soccer she needs to work on.  I think thats the prudent way of going about it and satisfies the need to do whats best for your child.   Some trainers are better than others and some fit with your child better than others.  That said, a club the size of TSC and frankly the size of the metroplexes i think there are enough options that is not necessary to get privates from your coach.  

I agree 100%. Shouldn't the coach be giving you all of that in practice? Going to another coach for privates gives another set of eyes that can help in other areas of their game I would think!
avatar
Yellowcard

Posts : 413
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Wed May 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:TSCSOCCERDAD.  I see your point but for me, I disagree and believe there are other avenues.   Take my DD for example.  The gentleman she trains with is very good but I have asked (and he has obliged) to tell my DD's private trainer what areas of soccer she needs to work on.  I think thats the prudent way of going about it and satisfies the need to do whats best for your child.   Some trainers are better than others and some fit with your child better than others.  That said, a club the size of TSC and frankly the size of the metroplexes i think there are enough options that is not necessary to get privates from your coach.  

I agree 100%.  Shouldn't the coach be giving you all of that in practice?  Going to another coach for privates gives another set of eyes that can help in other areas of their game I would think!
I agree. Further, if your trainer and coach have a good relationship the trainer may clue in the coach on some abilities that he did not know, give the opportunity and/or have not see from that child. I think it gives your DD the best of both worlds when your trainer and coach have a relationship

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by nat on Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Anyone want to share the make-up of the 03 ECNL team?

nat

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum