Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
State Cup 2016 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

State Cup 2016

+12
longball
redcard
The Soccer 1%
canester2002
Tar Heel
Oakie75
Jamestren
TSCSOCCERDAD
bird04
918soccer
Rainbow
Yellowcard
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

State Cup 2016 Empty State Cup 2016

Post by Yellowcard Sat May 07, 2016 8:35 pm

First I would like to start with congratulating OFC in their win over Beattie 4-0! Wow I'm sure people didn't see that coming!!! Then I would like to congratulate Fury in their victory over Williams 3-1!!! Just goes to show that anything can happen in 12-13 year old girls soccer! If anyone has any insight into these games I would love to hear it! Congrats to all of the teams out there who played their last games together as a full team last weekend and this. Can't wait to see the changes coming ahead!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

State Cup 2016 Empty Re: State Cup 2016

Post by Rainbow Sat May 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Short summary ... OFC came to play and played great... Beattie never showed up.... The game was dominated by OFC

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Sat May 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Anyone watch the 05 Melton Blitz game? How did it look?

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat May 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Rainbow wrote:Short summary ... OFC came to play and played great... Beattie never showed up.... The game was dominated by OFC

I wonder if that's what happens when you play up in a league with no competition???
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sat May 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
Rainbow wrote:Short summary ... OFC came to play and played great... Beattie never showed up.... The game was dominated by OFC

I wonder if that's what happens when you play up in a league with no competition???

I don't think that fits Beattie's circumstance. Things like that just sometimes happen with 13 and 14 year old girls. Plus, kudos to OFC 03...by all accounts, they played very well.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun May 08, 2016 1:24 am

bird04 wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:

I don't think that fits Beattie's circumstance. Things like that just sometimes happen with 13 and 14 year old girls. Plus, kudos to OFC 03...by all accounts, they played very well.

I think it fits the circumstance perfectly... They have been used to winning easily and they got caught on their heels. Somebody wanted it more in my opinion...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun May 08, 2016 2:03 am

I don't know enough about U14 Gold OPL to confirm or deny your proposition. Certainly has to be better competition than we've had all year in OCL and Silver 03.....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun May 08, 2016 4:13 am

I know that the top teams were off in SRPL and they were playing WSA and others. I can't imagine they are as strong as OFC. Just going off of stats and what people have told me. I think they would have been pushed harder in their own age group playing SRPL which would have helped them stay developmentally sound. All speculation but it makes sense to me.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Sun May 08, 2016 5:50 am

I like playing up. Maybe it did hurt them, but the intent is purely developmental. Maybe they were over confident. It's good to get humbled if that's the case. It apparently hasn't hurt Griffin 04. Maybe OFC is just better. Maybe it's the coach?

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun May 08, 2016 11:51 am

Yellowcard wrote:I know that the top teams were off in SRPL and they were playing WSA and others. I can't imagine they are as strong as OFC.  Just going off of stats and what people have told me.  I think they would have been pushed harder in their own age group playing SRPL which would have helped them stay developmentally sound.  All speculation but it makes sense to me.  

Yeah, maybe you've got a point there...hadn't thought about the SRPL angle....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamestren Sun May 08, 2016 7:53 pm

First, let me say that OFC played a great match. Their girls out worked TSCH from the whistle. Everything is 20/20 in hind site, but if we could do it over, no doubt we would play true age and play SRPL. We were told we could play SRPL originally. This year we definitely played fewer competitive matches though, and it just felt like we were a little "off".

Make no mistake though, this same group of girls have beaten nearly every top team in Texas including Solar Gold,SRSA, and every Sting team. It's a solid group of very talented players who had a terrible game at the worst possible time. Congrats to OFC, they took advantage and they controlled this match.

No sour grapes, but I will add the TSCH starting CF was out due to a knee injury suffered in Lexus Cup. There are a lot of capable players, but it caused a position domino affect that definitely had a lot of girls playing a lot of minutes in different spots. It also seemed to change our normal offensive attack which is possession oriented with a False 9 forward.

Congrats to OFC. Also congrats to the TSCH group as well. ECNL and true age means the end of the team, but it's been a great great ride. The team had only lost two games in state to same age since we started academy many years ago. That was blitz 03 last year on state cup, and OFC this year (which brings up a great point already mentioned, they are 13... We had beat blitz by 5+ goals many times before last year and lost in state cup... It happens).

It was a fun ride. In hind site I wish we would have played more rivalry games over the years against OFC instead of once a year at state cup.

If your daughter was competing in state cup, you should be proud regardless of the result. I am sure most of these girls have oven their all for most of this lives to this sport. They can all be proud.

Jamestren

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun May 08, 2016 8:04 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:I like playing up. Maybe it did hurt them, but the intent is purely developmental. Maybe they were over confident. It's good to get humbled if that's the case. It apparently hasn't hurt Griffin 04. Maybe OFC is just better. Maybe it's the coach?

It apparently did hurt the Griffin team. Didn't they go to PKs today against Parker. That's a first.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Jamestren wrote:First, let me say that OFC played a great match.  Their girls out worked TSCH from the whistle.   Everything is 20/20 in hind site, but if we could do it over, no doubt we would play true age and play SRPL.  We were told we could play SRPL originally.  This year we definitely played fewer competitive matches though, and it just felt like we were a little "off".  

Make no mistake though, this same group of girls have beaten nearly every top team in Texas including Solar Gold,SRSA, and every Sting team.  It's a solid group of very talented players who had a terrible game at the worst possible time.  Congrats to OFC, they took advantage and they controlled this match.

No sour grapes, but I will add the TSCH starting CF was out due to a knee injury suffered in Lexus Cup.  There are a lot of capable players, but it caused a position domino affect that definitely had a lot of girls playing a lot of minutes in different spots.  It also seemed to change our normal offensive attack which is possession oriented with a False 9 forward.  

Congrats to OFC.  Also congrats to the TSCH group as well.  ECNL and true age means the end of the team, but it's been a great great ride.  The team had only lost two games in state to same age since we started academy many years ago.  That was blitz 03 last year on state cup, and OFC this year (which brings up a great point already mentioned, they are 13...  We had beat blitz by 5+ goals many times before last year and lost in state cup...   It happens).

It was a fun ride.  In hind site I wish we would have played more rivalry games over the years against OFC instead of once a year at state cup.  

If your daughter was competing in state cup, you should be proud regardless of the result.  I am sure most of these girls have oven their all for most of this lives to this sport.  They can all be proud.  

Well said! The end of a dynasty is never easy... Over the years they have been a very strong team with a lot of victories! Many of those girls will move on to do cool things!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun May 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:I like playing up. Maybe it did hurt them, but the intent is purely developmental. Maybe they were over confident. It's good to get humbled if that's the case. It apparently hasn't hurt Griffin 04. Maybe OFC is just better. Maybe it's the coach?

It apparently did hurt the Griffin team.  Didn't they go to PKs today against Parker.  That's a first.  

Nah...we just played terribly, to be honest, and Parker played well. We didn't finish well...some days just go like that. I do, actually, agree that it probably hurt us a bit over the last year, just not today. That was all on us, pretty much. But I still liked the result, so I'll take an ugly one now and then!

More importantly, if you ask me, is why did OSA change the rules (good luck actually finding and interpreting 'em) to make it such a penalty to play up (i.e. make you start in OCL instead of allowing you to play in to Gold the year up, make you ineligible for SRPL, like with Beattie)....what's the point they are making with this? To me, it seems silly and harmful for the development of really talented squads.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun May 08, 2016 9:06 pm

bird04 wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:

It apparently did hurt the Griffin team.  Didn't they go to PKs today against Parker.  That's a first.  

Nah...we just played terribly, to be honest, and Parker played well. We didn't finish well...some days just go like that. I do, actually, agree that it probably hurt us a bit over the last year, just not today. That was all on us, pretty much. But I still liked the result, so I'll take an ugly one now and then!

More importantly, if you ask me, is why did OSA change the rules (good luck actually finding and interpreting 'em) to make it such a penalty to play up (i.e. make you start in OCL instead of allowing you to play in to Gold the year up, make you ineligible for SRPL, like with Beattie)....what's the point they are making with this? To me, it seems silly and harmful for the development of really talented squads.

It's stupid if you ask me. OSA makes no sense. But I agree the result was a good one! And they never ask how it's just how many that matters!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun May 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Congrats to Fury for putting OFC away today in the final! Both of these teams are very tough competitors and deserved to be there!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Sun May 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Yep bird04 Griffin played terrible and Parker had the best game of their lives. Lol. Thats ridiculous.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun May 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Didn't say "best game of their lives"...sorry, didn't mean to disrespect your teams efforts...your girls played very well and definitely are the most improved team this season. Game could've gone either way. I was just trying to honestly give my impressions of the game with regard to whether or not our play has suffered from playing in OCL and Silver this past year. I didn't feel it was a factor today, but maybe it was. I just know that I've seen us play better. Who knows, that could very well be because your team's level of play prevented us from finishing, etc...I do know, for instance, you were beating us to tons of balls and came out hard and aggressive, which is a good thing.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon May 09, 2016 2:43 am

Just wanted to give a huge shout out to the 04 Parker and the 05 Carreno girls. Both teams played great!

Cant wait to see TSC's top 03 and top 04 team after the tryouts! Should be chock full of players from both teams.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by canester2002 Mon May 09, 2016 2:52 am

bird04 wrote:Didn't say "best game of their lives"...sorry, didn't mean to disrespect your teams efforts...your girls played very well and definitely are the most improved team this season. Game could've gone either way. I was just trying to honestly give my impressions of the game with regard to whether or not our play has suffered from playing in OCL and Silver this past year. I didn't feel it was a factor today, but maybe it was. I just know that I've seen us play better. Who knows, that could very well be because your team's level of play prevented us from finishing, etc...I do know, for instance, you were beating us to tons of balls and came out hard and aggressive, which is a good thing.

Most improved? They took you to sudden death in the finals last year IIRC.

canester2002

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon May 09, 2016 3:08 am

Yes, they did. State Cup is always "up for grabs". No denying that. Most improved relates to their history since last summer...from the disappointing performance in the "play in" for Gold level last summer, to losses they arguably shouldn't have had in the fall, to a very strong finish in the spring (Kind of like last year, now that I think of it...) and a VERY good showing in State Cup, I would say they are the most improved team this year. I would give a close second, or even a tie, to Blitz 04 given where they started to where they ended up...the only reason I don't is that they arguably started ahead of Parker given the results of the play in games last summer...Blitz was just out after the fact due to continuity rules, not results. So, in my opinion, Parker started from a lower starting point and finished second in the state...helluva showing and worthy of "most improved"...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 pm

bird04 wrote: More importantly, if you ask me, is why did OSA change the rules (good luck actually finding and interpreting 'em) to make it such a penalty to play up (i.e. make you start in OCL instead of allowing you to play in to Gold the year up, make you ineligible for SRPL, like with Beattie)....what's the point they are making with this? To me, it seems silly and harmful for the development of really talented squads.

I think they were trying to apply the purest form of promotion/relegation. I also think they did it to dissuade people from doing what Beattie has done and to do the Gold/SPRL/etc. Those are leagues that's there for teams to push themselves in their correct age. Play up in tournaments, play up in friendlies but compete in league play in your age. If you're good enough to have to drive to the Rio Grande Valley to find suitable competition, then most parents in that circle will do it without hesitation. That's my interpretation anyway...

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon May 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Shout out to Stump for winning President's Cup and congrats to Sharp for second place!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Mon May 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Blitz and TSCH 05 Melton game.... TSCH won 2-0.They out played Blitz the whole game. Then they went on to finals 2-2 double overtime and lost on last PK kicker.

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Tue May 10, 2016 1:07 am

Can't believe how much Melton's 05 team has improved this season, going from one of the lower teams in the state to one of the top. I can't wait to see what he does with JR ECNL, but I wouldn't bet against his team being at the top of the TX conference.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next