Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Changes coming to TSC?
by Yellowcard Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:07 pm

» 04 Griffin Regionals
by Celtic05Dad Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 pm

» New Oklahoma Energy FC Logo
by BASoccer Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 pm

» Results aren't important?
by Yellowcard Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 pm

» Fall 2017
by Yellowcard Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

» SuperCopa 2017
by Celtic05Dad Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

» NTX STX State Cup
by 918soccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 pm

» ENERGY MLS SCUTTLED?
by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm

» Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?
by 918soccer Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

» South lakes needs a keeper.
by misfit31 Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am

» OFC/Blitz dropped from NPL?
by Roughneck04 Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

» 2017 State Cup
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 am

» Well said!
by Celtic05Dad Sat May 27, 2017 8:05 pm

» 05 age group being added to ECNL!
by 918soccer Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

» 04 Girls State Cup Results
by TSC010405 Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

» Administrators?
by BASoccer Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am

» The most successful girls teams from Tulsa
by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

» State Cup Schedules
by settledown Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm

» Spring 2017 Scores
by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am

» Oklahoma Soccer – Looking Forward
by Yellowcard Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Statistics
We have 315 registered users
The newest registered user is gradeonenotes

Our users have posted a total of 6828 messages in 409 subjects
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Gatorade95 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:05 pm

And the no heading rule is stupid for this age.  It may be good for 5-6 year olds.

The super copa was no heading and it was a disaster.  I have never seen more high kicks and flying shoulders in my life.  Lots of face balls too when the child remembers at the last minute they can't head.  Make sure you relay my message to your director friend.  Very Happy

Gatorade95

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-09
Location : Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by cosmos04 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:11 pm

We emailed director and he got with osa and it was there decision so I am not suprised osa is incompetent as they have shown in the past with Opl placing and scheduling

cosmos04

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Gatorade95 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:22 pm

They need to update their current tournament rules listed on the website as it does not mention no heading currently.

Gatorade95

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-09
Location : Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by soccerpoor on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:36 pm

cosmos04 wrote:We emailed director and he got with osa and it was there decision so I am not suprised osa is incompetent as they have shown in the past with Opl placing and scheduling

The no heading for U11 (technically not U12) comes from US Soccer new  Player Development
Initiatives, August 2016 which read in part:

9v9
Concussion Initiative
Deliberate heading is not allowed in U11 games
If a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to
the opposing team from the spot of the offense
If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on
the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement
occurred
Heading is allowed in U12 games without limitations

So the new heading protocols comes from US Soccer not from OSA. You might want to take an opportunity to check them out. An interesting read and a number of changes from the past. They were recently issued and everyone is trying to figure out the best way to implement them. It will take a bit for it all to seem "normal."

soccerpoor

Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Ymca Bob and Kevin on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:44 pm

soccerpoor wrote:
cosmos04 wrote:We emailed director and he got with osa and it was there decision so I am not suprised osa is incompetent as they have shown in the past with Opl placing and scheduling

The no heading for U11 (technically not U12) comes from US Soccer new  Player Development
Initiatives, August 2016 which read in part:

9v9
Concussion Initiative
Deliberate heading is not allowed in U11 games
If a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to
the opposing team from the spot of the offense
If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on
the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement
occurred
Heading is allowed in U12 games without limitations

So the new heading protocols comes from US Soccer not from OSA. You might want to take an opportunity to check them out. An interesting read and a number of changes from the past. They were recently issued and everyone is trying to figure out the best way to implement them. It will take a bit for it all to seem "normal."


Andromeda Premier Cup last weekend allowed u11 to head the ball so it is still up to each club to decide what they're going to do. We emailed the Beat the Heat tournament director to ask him if it would be allowed in that tournament and he told us he called OSA and they informed him there wasn't suppose to be heading so that's what they're doing. It is still somewhat up to each club on what they're going to allow in their tournament though it seems.

Ymca Bob and Kevin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by marshall777 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Last spring, US Soccer said no heading U10 and younger, now it is not allowed at U11? At this pace the 2006 kids will never be able to head the ball!

marshall777

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by soccerpoor on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 pm

The initiatives weren't released until August 10, 2016 so the Andromeda Cup probably was not covered by the new protocols.  I imagine that there will be clubs that "choose" to do what they want on this, but from what I understand it is not really up to the Club on whether to follow the new initiatives immediately at least regarding the heading guidelines.
Here is the language regarding implementation of the new stuff.

Implementation
Timeline
All information about the concussion initiatives are implemented with immediate effect
Birth year registration and the small sided standards will be mandated in August 2017
•Some members have chosen to adopt earlier as a best practice and will begin
implementing in August 2016
•Please contact your local member for more information on implementation

soccerpoor

Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Gatorade95 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Next there will be no slide tackling.

Gatorade95

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-09
Location : Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Gatorade95 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:50 pm

TSCH taking Blitz 3-0 in the finals.

Gatorade95

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-09
Location : Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Ymca Bob and Kevin on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Gatorade95 wrote:TSCH taking Blitz 3-0 in the finals.
TSC was impressive. It's pretty obvious they are a little ahead of the others at this point in skill and in moving the ball around. They are impressive. I don't think the others are very far behind but it's obvious they are a little behind. Should be interesting to see where the teams stack up at the end of the year.

Ymca Bob and Kevin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by phil_weston on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:09 pm

phil_weston wrote:
They played each other 3 times I believe, and it was always a 1 point game. 06 Taylor will be the A team next year, and they ought to be very solid.

I'd like to go ahead and retract this after they were thrashed 10-2 by OFC 06 team.

phil_weston

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by cosmos04 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

phil_weston wrote:
phil_weston wrote:
They played each other 3 times I believe, and it was always a 1 point game. 06 Taylor will be the A team next year, and they ought to be very solid.

I'd like to go ahead and retract this after they were thrashed 10-2 by OFC 06 team.
it happens it will take a while to gel and get use to things

cosmos04

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Norman sucks OFC rules - said in my best Cartman voice

ENERGYFC04

Posts : 435
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by cosmos04 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Is the tsc Norman score correct

cosmos04

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by phil_weston on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:58 pm

cosmos04 wrote:Is the tsc Norman score correct

That's interesting... Haven't been able to find out but it doesn't jibe with the other scores.

phil_weston

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum