Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Upcoming Tryouts Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Upcoming Tryouts

5 posters

Go down

Upcoming Tryouts Empty Upcoming Tryouts

Post by BASoccer Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 pm

With the change to organizing teams by calendar year instead of school year, parents, players, teams, and clubs will all be affected.

Use this thread as a general discussion point if you wish to express your thoughts, inquire, or add any info about the tryouts next week.

Here is MY question:

As someone relatively new to the competitive soccer scene, why are tryouts at clubs usually at the same time? (I realize you don't have to sign on June 4th)

For instance, I wouldn't mind my daughter going to the TSC / Blitz / or other tryout sessions, but they're at the exact same time! I think the process should be setup so parents and players can get a better look around, so a decision can be thoughtfully made that is in the best interest of each player and their families.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Tryouts Empty Re: Upcoming Tryouts

Post by ENERGYFC04 Sun May 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Your assumption that clubs are doing what is in the best interest of the kid is misleading. At tryouts your kid is a commodity if good and a paycheck with numbers otherwise.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Mon May 30, 2016 1:48 am

Some clubs do this to see who is serious about their club and not playing politics by pitting clubs against each other. I know the parents that do this are in the minority, but it happens. The clubs feel they need to protect themselves and secure their teams quickly. Not saying that I agree with it, but I understand that perspective.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 am

Great question!!! Lol. They don't want you trying out at any other clubs!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Mon May 30, 2016 3:16 am

Yellowcard wrote:Great question!!!  Lol.  They don't want you trying out at any other clubs!

You sir, just hit nail on the head. That's the real reason. cheers

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by 918SoccerMom Tue May 31, 2016 2:13 am

As far as I can tell they hold tryouts at the same time to hopefully minimize movement between clubs. Also they need to get the tryouts in before everyone heads off for vacation. Plus they have to have the teams formed and turned into OSA by July 1st so that OSA can start their voodoo of arranging teams in leagues according to the planetary alignments of the third Sunday after the first full moon in which there was a sacrifice of parents paychecks burned over a small fire while chanting I believe that......

918SoccerMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum