Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
Please log in and register!

Help me grow the forum!
Latest topics
» Buy registered british council ielts online in DUBAI,UAE(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

» Biometric ielts/toefl/pte certificates without exam in SAUDI ARABIA(ielts.legit@yahoo.com)
by ielts12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (infodocuments4@gmail.com)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams  @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

» Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver's license (whatsapp : +237673528224) 
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

» Buy Verified European /US /UK passport, id cards,Visas,Driver's License @ infodocuments4@gmail.com
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

» Buy Data-based Registered Ielts,Toelf,Gmat,Nebosh,Esol, Without exams @ (whatsapp : +237673528224)
by Mayoro Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

» Buy counterfeit money,Real and Fake Passports,ID etc (masterproduction21@gmail.com)
by cleandocs Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

» Counterfeit notes and Documents Whtspp:+33 756833844
by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

by Nglobe Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Statistics
We have 446 registered users
The newest registered user is Ibrahimsylla

Our users have posted a total of 6890 messages in 440 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Changes coming to TSC?

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by FootballDad05 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Phil your EnergyFC may get DA in the future for the boys as Funk wants but i doubt the girls DA will become a reality. ECNL offers both to a club so it's not an uneven platform for one and not the other. There are US Club rec leagues.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:42 pm

As the OSA letter points out, moves like this have been made all across the country. Clubs are leaving USYSA for important reasons. Research these reasons and you will see why this move is good for our state and bad for OFC for staying.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by populista on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 pm

phil_weston wrote:some points:
- There wasn't anything wrong with the state leagues for 99% of the players. If your kid is on the B or C team, you honestly don't even need to leave your metro area to face appropriate competition. If your kid is on the A team, but in the bottom of the standings in the OPL, you have plenty of competition in state. Don't forget OSA also runs all the Rec leagues as well... Apparently there's a few teams that need better competition, so we're throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

- Stop the "this is about development" BS. The vast majority of soccer in the US is not about development, it's about the product they sell to the parents. That's usually the hope of a college scholarship and the chance to be on an "elite" team. Reality is the cost of select soccer will greatly outweigh any scholarship and "elite" is a misnomer. There might be a half dozen elite kids per age group in the state. If the state clubs were really focused on development, they’d stop playing so many games and focus on more technical training and getting kids more touches. If they were really focused on development, you wouldn’t need to be supplementing club soccer with private lessons from the coaches.

- This is about DA vs ECNL. Clearly from the club perspective, there’s more money to be had in ECNL where the focus is on competitions. That’s what the parents want and what they confuse as being development. In DA, they actually place limits on competitions and focus on meaningful touches for, you know, development purposes. In that light, I clearly think OFC/Blitz is doing the right thing here by focusing on becoming a DA club.

- This decision was clearly driven by TSC. Having chosen ECNL over DA, and with OFC/Blitz partnering with EnergyFC in hope of getting DA, I can understand from a business standpoint. SLSC and NYSA had to pick a side. Stay in OSA and be left out of DA, or join with TSC with the hope of staying relevant.

Thanks, Phil.  This is the most insightful post yet.  I think you've nailed it.

The only thought I would add is that OSA's administrative incompetence and insensitivity has  created the conditions under which this move will be readily accepted by coaches and parents in the affected clubs, even if a more sober analysis suggests otherwise.  I can testify to that effect - as the parent of player on a second tier OPL Gold team, we've been so disrespected by OSA over the years that I'm applauding this move as an act of defiance, even though it might not be great for my kid!

populista

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Hopefully OFC does get ECNL or DA at some point! That wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Coaches are meeting with the club tomorrow. We should know most of the details by Tuesday.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 pm

The new league is called OPC and news will be released May 2nd at 8 AM

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Oklahoma Premier Clubs, 14 teams involved

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer on Mon May 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Interesting. I was guessing "Open Premier" or something like that.

One would think that with the decent number of out-of-state clubs being involved, a more generic name would've been chosen. But it also leads me to believe that the league is Oklahoma-centric, meaning the other clubs are playing OPC as a supplemental league, not as a primary, and that doesn't make much sense to me either, yet. The name could also be an indicator that the non-Oklahoma clubs are not leaving their state associations. Obviously, a lot of blanks to be filled.

Blitz released a statement:

Blitz United Soccer Club remains committed to youth soccer player development in Oklahoma and throughout our region. BUSC does not believe withdrawal from state USYS Associations, state leagues, and state-sponsored tournaments fosters healthy youth player growth.

In accordance with this commitment, BUSC intends that its competitive youth teams will continue to compete in state USYS leagues, including OPL and OCL, SRPL regional leagues, State and President’s Cup competitions, and corresponding regional leagues with geographically-sensible partners.

For the 2017-2018 soccer year, BUSC intends to participate in competitive leagues (OPL and OCL) with Oklahoma Soccer Associations members, and the following organizations for primary league competitions:

Arkansas Comets
Sporting Arkansas
Arkansas United
Fort Smith Express
Arkansas Rush
Arkansas Valley

BUSC remains committed to OSA and USYS participation in SRPL and other state and regional USYS leagues.  

Oklahoma Soccer Association recently announced some changes that were happening among its membership in the 2017 soccer year.    We want to assure our players, our families, and our friends that Blitz United Soccer Club is excited in our new partnership with the Oklahoma City Energy, Canadian Valley FC, and Oklahoma Football Club, and our strategic plan to grow the game of Soccer in the State of Oklahoma.  We will continue our long and productive relationship with Oklahoma Soccer Association and US Youth Soccer, as well as provide opportunities to our players in other competitions, including US Club Soccer and the USL.

Together, as Oklahoma Energy FC, these clubs, your clubs, are committed to the betterment of the game for our players and, as it states in our Mission Statement,  we strive to be “pillars in our community and to support the growth of soccer and the culture that comes with it.  We are dedicated to creating an opportunity for all to have access to the game regardless of age or ability and to use it specifically as a tool for developing character, integrity, and personal growth for youth players, student athletes, and future leaders inside the game and out.  We will serve our community by giving back, providing a standard of excellence and operating under the premise that soccer is a game for everyone.”

Always looking forward, we want to wish our teams’ success in the State and Regional Championships and to welcome all players to the 2017 Tryouts in June.   We are eager to start a new era of soccer for Blitz United and Oklahoma as Oklahoma Energy FC.

Please mark your calendars for May 20th to come to the OKC Energy FC game at Taft Stadium for our new logo unveil and our club celebration.  Additional information is coming soon.

Forward, Ongoing, Consistent, Unified, Success

We are Oklahoma Energy FC!

Sincerely,

Blitz United Board of Directors

Interstate League on steroids?

Concerning OCL / OPL leagues, in OCL u15 & up is virtually non-existent for TSC. As for OPL, u17 didn't even have enough teams to have their own division, so they all got lumped in with u18/u19, leaving several TSC teams to play each other.

Maybe this is the type of the flexibility and diversity they're looking for? With enough clubs involved, and having teams in most age groups, you shouldn't have another OPL situation in the advanced age groups like you did this past year. Certainly some u17 teams can play with the older ones, but it's also nice for u17 teams to play in an age pure division as well.

Also, there's a chance my kid plays SRPL equivalent this year, so I'm interested in how this new league's structure will differ. I think in the past, SRPL and OPL seemed world's apart, different travel obligations, etc. In this new league structure, it might help good OPL players transition and afford them opportunities like moving up / guest playing for SRPL teams, since the divisions should be similar in many ways. And good for development, introducing and exposing some players to a higher level of competition, and making the exchange between teams more seamless. Of course, this is predicated on how I THINK things might be constructed. We'll find out soon enough!

So, if 14 clubs are involved, including the 5 in-state clubs, that means 9 out-of-state clubs will be in this new league. At least I'm intrigued!

Last edited by BASoccer on Mon May 01, 2017 12:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Mon May 01, 2017 12:42 pm

The Acronym of the day is SRPL or the demise of it as all top TX Club teams are out with the addition of DA and ECNL true age Champions League.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 on Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Hopefully OFC does get ECNL or DA at some point!  That wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.

I am hoping for boys DA.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Mon May 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Gatorade95 wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:Hopefully OFC does get ECNL or DA at some point!  That wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.

I am hoping for boys DA.

My personal opinion is DA is unfeasible in Oklahoma. We do not have the size or money to support it. My suspicion is that is why TSC turned down the girl's side.

That aside, I could see OFC getting a boys DA but highly doubt they could afford boys and girls. The costs for DA are expensive for the club. For example, clubs can expect 15 - 20 away matches. Clubs (not players) are responsible for all team travel expenses. The costs of DA equate to several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So, if you want a DA you need a couple of things. First, you need lots of numbers (more kids more money) to help pay the aforementioned costs. Second, you need lots of girls as girls' are pay full price about 90% of the time where as about 40% of boys are on scholarship.

So, Energy needs DA to help with MLS aspirations (which are likely at least a decade away) but will not be able to afford boys and girls. I do think they could get a boys in the near future.

All that said, growth for growth sakes is not always good.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 on Mon May 01, 2017 1:26 pm

FootballDad05 wrote:The Acronym of the day is SRPL or the demise of it as all top TX Club teams are out with the addition of DA and ECNL true age Champions League.
I agree that USYS combined with ECNL then composite etc has made SRPL a dying breed. Its unfortunate as soccer has monopolized itself in a pay to play format that makes it hard for kids not in certain locales to have a chance to compete with elite teams outside of showcase tournaments

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Mon May 01, 2017 3:43 pm

FootballDad05 wrote:The Acronym of the day is SRPL or the demise of it as all top TX Club teams are out with the addition of DA and ECNL true age Champions League.

That is the truth... SRPL will not be worth the travel because the competition will be weak going forward. There are at least 3 leagues above it on the pecking order.
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer on Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 pm

What time is the big meeting tonight? So the league will be called OPC or OPCL?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 pm

News is out on the new OPC league and beyond. Future looks great for Oklahoma Soccer.

http://www.tschurricane.com/opc/index_E.html

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 on Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 pm

It is definitely interesting. I guess we will see in a year how it turns out.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer on Tue May 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Why no mention of the ECNL Composite teams? I think Yellowcard said something about those teams going age pure and continuing to compete in the Texas Champions League. Is TSC going to fully compete in two NPL leagues?

Those former composite teams would pull some of the best SRPL players, so TSC's Red River teams would be even more talent diluted. If TSC has ECNL while also competing in the Texas Champions League, won't it be TSC's third teams playing against most clubs' first teams?

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by El Tarjeta Rojo on Tue May 02, 2017 2:54 pm

TSC's TCL teams aka "make believe ECNL composite teams," were already announced as being true age and continuing to compete in TCL.
It will rank for example:
ECNL 02
TCL 02
NPL 02 (FORGOT THIS ONE LOL)
OPC 02

TSC's 4th teams will we matched against those clubs top teams but as history has shown that can be a pretty even match up.

Last edited by El Tarjeta Rojo on Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Tarjeta Rojo

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 on Tue May 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Composite teams will be made up of true age teams and play in the Texas Champions League. SO basically after the news release this is how it pans out for the new OPC League:

ECNL
Texas Champions
NPL Red River
OPC 1st Division
OPC 2nd Division

OPC will have state champions who will compete regionally and in a National tournament. In Oklahoma 70% of current registered players will now be in the OPC league.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard on Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm

BASoccer wrote:Why no mention of the ECNL Composite teams? I think Yellowcard said something about those teams going age pure and continuing to compete in the Texas Champions League. Is TSC going to fully compete in two NPL leagues?

Those former composite teams would pull some of the best SRPL players, so TSC's Red River teams would be even more talent diluted. If TSC has ECNL while also competing in the Texas Champions League, won't it be TSC's third teams playing against most clubs' first teams?

That is correct... That's how it was last year as well... TSC had 2 teams in SRPL in some age groups and composite as well. Also, don't let "3rd" team fool you... They still compete with the other teams in Oklahoma. Also, ECNL and Champions League aren't for everyone. Some players won't do it even though they very well could.

This is how I see the levels shaking out:
ECNL
Texas Champions League(Follows ECNL schedule about 50%)
NPL (previously SRPL for some)
OPC (previously OPL for some)

Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 on Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm

BASOCCER, the teams will not be as diluted as some would like you to believe. After an age group goes ECNL the other clubs in the state never see those teams again. You are already playing against the so called diluted players in SRPL, OPL and OCL, and as we all know TSCH competes at those levels with those players.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 on Tue May 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Does this mean we will have two boards now?

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 on Tue May 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Ha! Yeah I guess that would make sense. I nominate you to get it going.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 on Tue May 02, 2017 3:35 pm

The board for OSA and its Clubs and the OPL board for its Clubs.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_weston on Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Also, don't let "3rd" team fool you...  They still compete with the other teams in Oklahoma.  Also, ECNL and Champions League aren't for everyone.  Some players won't do it even though they very well could.

Tulsa seems a step or two ahead of every other club in OK... How is it that they are able to pull this off?

It can't be because they have a larger talent pool, so is it the coaching? The culture?

phil_weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top