Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Changes coming to TSC? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Changes coming to TSC?

+17
TSC010405
SSD2004
04eastside
soccerdadx2
Yellowcard
918soccer
BASoccer
ENERGYFC04
El Tarjeta Rojo
populista
phil_weston
FootballDad05
NeverPlayedSoccer
04Bonosfan
bird04
TSCSOCCERDAD
Bigbadwolf
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Changes coming to TSC? - Page 4 Empty Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:33 am

I can't understand why an 04 team shouldn't be allowed to compete in an 03 or 02 state cup??? If it's what's best then allow it!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:47 am

All I can say is that TSC just bent OSA over and gave them a good one with a prickly piece of wood. Ouch!!!!! Someone call OSA a doctor.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:52 am

Yellowcard, Oh, I thought you meant the 04 wanted to play in the 04 cup, not the 03 cup. Yeah, that makes zero sense. You should always be able to play up in my opinion. Bottom line is that OSA screws everyone. So what. You guys are kidding yourself if you think this new league is going to be perfect. Welcome to life.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 am

When I read comments like Bigbadwolf it make more and more sense...

Power move thinly cloaked as development...

Thank you all for clearing this up for me.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:03 am

We know TSCH will benefit overall with the change, Never Played, what you should find out is why the other OkC area teams decided to give both OFC and OSA the shaft. This has little to do with TSC and power maneuvers other than the ability to be flexible too the needs of various teams abd talent pools. What the reasons are for the other area clubs is of more importance to me.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 am

Footballdad, For all we know TSC dangled the ECNL carrot in front of them...lol. We don't know anything at this point except that the state is fractured and some people are happy about it. Sad.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:15 am

The other clubs can not get ECNL through TSC. What theycan do is bring in players as Discovery players, i doubt this is a large enough factor for entire clubs to move. I think the problems run much deeper and have a lot to do with mistreatment by OSA but im sure it will all cone out. If OFC was offered to join and turned down the invite then OFC must live with the consequences of playing Clinton, Blitz, Unity, and Canadian Valley....

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:20 am

FootballDad, The fact that you said what you said, shows how much you care about soccer development in this state. TSC's hatred for OFC is blinding them to how they are hurting the other clubs you listed. They don't care about development. They care about sticking it to OSA and OFC. They should be happy then!

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:Yellowcard, Oh, I thought you meant the 04 wanted to play in the 04 cup, not the 03 cup.  Yeah, that makes zero sense.  You should always be able to play up in my opinion.  Bottom line is that OSA screws everyone.  So what.  You guys are kidding yourself if you think this new league is going to be perfect.  Welcome to life.  

Nobody thinks it will be perfect at first at least. But how do we get better if not with change. Some people are so afraid of change that they aren't willing to risk anything at all. If all parties can come out better on the other side then it's worth the risk. I don't need to be welcomed to life... Trust me I'm aware of the pitfalls and what ifs. If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got... which in this case is crap.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:29 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:Footballdad, For all we know TSC dangled the ECNL carrot in front of them...lol.  We don't know anything at this point except that the state is fractured and some people are happy about it.  Sad.

Again with the ECNL stuff. Nobody dangled anything. If you want the truth, most parents involved with ECNL at TSC would welcome another OK club to the mix. Believe it or not that is not TSC making that decision. That is ECNL. If you think TSC calls any shots to ECNL you are sadly mistaken. ECNL gave TSC the ultimatum to choose DA or them. That is proof right there that TSC doesn't have the power you and others think they do. Again, the state isn't fractured. OSA might be and OFC might be if they don't start making better decisions. Everyone leaving is gonna be just fine...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:30 am

Yellowcard Crap? TSC has gotten ECNL and DA...lol That's crap? You make it sound like OSA is keeping you from winning a national championship or something. This is all just a whole lotta soccer momma and daddy drama, nothing more.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 am

1) The rest of the country is moving away from USYS to USClub. It is a smart move for Oklahoma to do the same.

2) OSA is a huge problem for every club except OFC. Our governing body shouldn't be in bed with one of the member clubs. It's smart to change this.

3) Our state's competitive leagues are not structured well. It's smart to improve the structure.

4) It's smart to increase the level of competition by opening the league up to strong TX, KS and MO clubs.

Did TSC, Southlakes, Celtic, WSA and NEOFC fracture OFC's league next year by trying to fix the problems or did OFC do it to themselves by not joining these clubs to fix the problems?

Last edited by 918soccer on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:35 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:Yellowcard Crap?  TSC has gotten ECNL and DA...lol  That's crap?  You make it sound like OSA is keeping you from winning a national championship or something.  This is all just a whole lotta soccer momma and daddy drama, nothing more.

Cool story bro... what is keeping TSC from winning a national title is depth and not getting every one of the best players in the state for our top teams. No illusions over here. TSC didn't get ECNL or the DA offer because of OSA or anyone else either... that argument makes no sense.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:37 am

918soccer wrote:1) The rest of the country is moving away from USYS to USClub. It is a smart move for Oklahoma to do the same.

2) OSA is a huge problem for every club except OFC. Our governing body shouldn't be in bed with one of the member clubs. It is a smart to change this.

3) Our state's competitive leagues are not structured well. It is a smart t improve their structure.

4) It is a smart move to increase the level of competition by opening the league up to strong TX, KS and MO clubs.

Did TSC, Southlakes, Celtic, WSA and NEOFC fracture OFC's league next year by trying to fix the problems or did OFC do it to themselves by not joining these clubs to fix the problems?

Exactly! Finally someone with valid points!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 am

For those clubs following TSC thinking your kids are going to have a brighter future and have bigger and better opportunities ...you just got bent over also. You will feel the pain once the local wears off. Got to give it to them ,TSC sure knows how to work it. I am not being negative it is just how youth soccer is played. The million dollar question is who will actually have the last laugh in the end. Only time will tell.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 am

Yellowcard, You think you deserve to have every one of the best players play on your team? lol makes sense. And Yes, TSC got ECNL and DA because of themselves not OSA so stop blaming OSA for holding you back! It's an excuse for a power play that everyone has made very clear on this board.

1) why are other clubs in other states not pulling away from their state associations?
2) OSA is a huge problem for OFC too! Where do you get this stuff from?
3) Our states competitive leagues are second and third tier, not OSA's fault, it's the talent in our state that's available
4) top teams already have competition in other states, we are all talking about lower level play...lower level teams and leagues shouldn't have to go out of state to play other lower level teams...makes zero sense!

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:50 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:Yellowcard, You think you deserve to have every one of the best players play on your team?  lol  makes sense.  And Yes, TSC got ECNL and DA because of themselves not OSA so stop blaming OSA for holding you back!  It's an excuse for a power play that everyone has made very clear on this board.

1) why are other clubs in other states not pulling away from their state associations?
2) OSA is a huge problem for OFC too!  Where do you get this stuff from?
3) Our states competitive leagues are second and third tier, not OSA's fault, it's the talent in our state that's available
4) top teams already have competition in other states, we are all talking about lower level play...lower level teams and leagues shouldn't have to go out of state to play other lower level teams...makes zero sense!

Deserve? Don't be obtuse... I didnt even phrase it like that! I gave the exact reason. We live in Oklahoma where our population dictates what is and isn't realistic. i understand you being upset about not having any competition to play any more. However you have the choice to come join in or stay over there and sulk.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 am

NeverPlayedSoccer, are you are happy with OFC's decision to stay with OSA instead of joining the other major clubs in Oklahoma to fix and improve local leagues?

From my perspective, I see all of these clubs fighting to fix the problems and one club fighting to keep things the way they are.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:58 am

Yellowcard, You literally said that not having all the best players in the state is what's keeping you from a national champion.

I'm not upset in the least. I'm just calling out all this BS. I think OSA is a joke just like you guys, but everyone is in denial if they think this is about development. Just call this what it is, a power move. Why are people afraid of the truth? Embrace it.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:04 am

918, I'm not happy with a lot of things. Clearly OSA has dropped the ball and failed in providing some type of authority as a governing body for youth soccer in this state. I'm not happy with how the two biggest and strongest clubs in such a small state cannot get along. I'm not happy that educated adults that should have youth soccer development across our state, not just for their club, as their primary goal, use it as a disguise for power plays. I'm not happy with all this drama.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:17 am

To complicate matters further, I just read an internal letter from Blitz saying they were adding 6 Arkansas clubs next season for "primary league competitions". Don't know if this is part of OSA/OPL/SRPL or if they are kind of starting their own league, but hopefully you won't have to travel all the way to AR to play below average teams.

Last edited by 918soccer on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:24 am

918, Are you serious? So you guys are pulling out of OSA to add KS and ARK teams and now there are ARK teams coming to play us? This is a giant cluster if I've ever seen one. LOL.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:27 am

WSA MEMBERS, FAMILIES, TEAMS, PLAYERS, COACHES:

The State Association has taken upon themselves, without any official notification of the clubs, to communicate to the club’s membership their speculation on clubs' plans.

We will be meeting with our coaching staff very soon to further explain and provide information of new programming opportunities.
Most importantly, as a point of clarification all teams will be eligible for the 2017 State Cup, National Championship Series, ODP, and otherwise US Youth sponsored events. So no matter what programming decisions WSA makes in the future, there is no impact on this year’s programming.

We will be sharing with our coaching staff shortly the actual information. You will subsequently be communicated with professionally, respectfully, and honestly, so you will have a clear picture.

I am very excited for the opportunity to share this information with our coaching staff, and look forward to ongoing communication in the coming weeks as we wrap up the 2016-17 seasonal year, as well as lay plans for the future.

We will continue to keep the interests of your soccer experience at the forefront of every decision and remain committed to our mission to SERVE you through the great game.

Thank you and please have a safe and enjoyable rest of your weekend!

Roger Bush
West Side Alliance S.C.
Executive Director

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:Yellowcard, You literally said that not having all the best players in the state is what's keeping you from a national champion.  

I'm not upset in the least.  I'm just calling out all this BS.  I think OSA is a joke just like you guys, but everyone is in denial if they think this is about development.  Just call this what it is, a power move.  Why are people afraid of the truth?  Embrace it.  

Oh here we go... let me clarify please. It is my opinion that any club in Oklahoma would need just about all the best players in the state to make a National Championship team. Any club. But you like to put words in people's mouth. I never said deserve or acted in such a way.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_weston Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 pm

some points:
- There wasn't anything wrong with the state leagues for 99% of the players. If your kid is on the B or C team, you honestly don't even need to leave your metro area to face appropriate competition. If your kid is on the A team, but in the bottom of the standings in the OPL, you have plenty of competition in state. Don't forget OSA also runs all the Rec leagues as well... Apparently there's a few teams that need better competition, so we're throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

- Stop the "this is about development" BS. The vast majority of soccer in the US is not about development, it's about the product they sell to the parents. That's usually the hope of a college scholarship and the chance to be on an "elite" team. Reality is the cost of select soccer will greatly outweigh any scholarship and "elite" is a misnomer. There might be a half dozen elite kids per age group in the state. If the state clubs were really focused on development, they’d stop playing so many games and focus on more technical training and getting kids more touches. If they were really focused on development, you wouldn’t need to be supplementing club soccer with private lessons from the coaches.

- This is about DA vs ECNL. Clearly from the club perspective, there’s more money to be had in ECNL where the focus is on competitions. That’s what the parents want and what they confuse as being development. In DA, they actually place limits on competitions and focus on meaningful touches for, you know, development purposes. In that light, I clearly think OFC/Blitz is doing the right thing here by focusing on becoming a DA club.

- This decision was clearly driven by TSC. Having chosen ECNL over DA, and with OFC/Blitz partnering with EnergyFC in hope of getting DA, I can understand from a business standpoint. SLSC and NYSA had to pick a side. Stay in OSA and be left out of DA, or join with TSC with the hope of staying relevant.

phil_weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next