Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations! Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations!

4 posters

Go down

OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations! Empty OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations!

Post by soccerdadx2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:09 pm

OFC girls dominated State Cup by winning every age gruop from 2001 to 1996. Also had Runner-up in 2003 age group.
2 OFC teams were also Champions in President's Cup.
Well done OFC. Players and Coaches should be proud and commended!

soccerdadx2

Back to top Go down

OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations! Empty Re: OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations!

Post by tschlurker Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Not very surprising OFC 01 through OFC 96 dominated state cup.  They did not have to play the ECNL teams in state cup (or the 01 pre-ECNL team).

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations! Empty Re: OFC Dominates State Cup - Congratulations!

Post by soccerschmuck Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 pm

For the sake of conversation, are you saying they could not have one State Cup at most of those ages? Would love to hear who you think has the better team at each age group.

How are the TSC teams faring in ECNL so far?

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 pm

I simply said it was not surprising that OFC did well in state cup at the older age groups (although they did not win any younger age groups other than 01).  After they start ECNL, the talent gap between the competition ECNL teams face in Texas conference and OFC teams face grows wider every year.  When OFC u14 and above play a TSCH team in state cup, they are playing a B team.  Since you ask the question, in my opinion, most of the OFC teams would not have won state cup if they played the ECNL teams.

If OFC had played the ECNL teams in state cup, it would not surprise me if OFC '01 beat the TSCH '01 pre-ECNL team.  OFC 01 is a great offensive team.

00 game would be tight between ECNL and OFC based on recent history.  

For 99-98-97 likely ECNL team wins going away.  My guess is '96 game would be similar.

As for how TSCH teams do in ECNL, 00 ECNL team had very poor season -- 00 talent still too spread out.  99-98-97 made ECNL post-season tournament.  96 team middle of pack.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Good honest assesment. I wish they played each other but more importantly I wish the girls talent wasn't split bewtween mainly TSC and OFC so Oklahoma could compete on a national level at some age groups.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Agreed - the talent being spread out makes it difficult for Oklahoma teams to shine outside of the state.  Being grouped regionally with North Texas also hurts.  The numbers don't work well for Oklahoma -- probably 2-2.5 million in OKC and Tulsa metro areas combined, with over 6 million in Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.  Tough to overcome that big a talent pool advantage.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:15 pm

TSCH 98 ECNL girls are better. So are TSCH 99 ECNL. Oh and TSCH 97 ECNL girls. Have fun playing Canadien Valley.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down