Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
OPL Fall Brackets U12 - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OPL Fall Brackets U12

+21
longball
roots40
bird04
nat
archer
oksoccer
Tar Heel
OFC04DAD
JenksSoccerDad
populista
Blameitontheref
sooner5
rainbow1968
SSD2004
cosmos04
yoyokix
Roughneck04
Kickin grAss 04
05GKdad_Tulsa
ENERGYFC04
soccerschmuck
25 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

OPL Fall Brackets U12 - Page 4 Empty Re: OPL Fall Brackets U12

Post by sooner5 Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:23 pm

With registration open. I don't see them making any changes. Have your team mananger call.

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by JenksSoccerDad Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:52 pm

I agree with sooner5, I don't see OSA changing much on this.

From an outsider's point of view, I see that there is a significant gap between the top 5 and the rest of the '04s going into the fall season. Those 5 will have a leg up on the rest of the teams because they have a full year of 11v11 under their belt.  It will be interesting to see how everyone does this year now that everyone's playing 11v11.

I see the concept of shaking things up going into U12, but if it were me I would've only promoted one of the 8v8 teams into OPL Gold, and I would've taken State Cup into consideration.

I can understand the frustration for a team like Cosmos or whoever doesn't win the play-in bracket between Blitz and TSC Parker. With the 5 team setup someone's going to be left on the outside looking in.

JenksSoccerDad

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:36 am

I'll give my last thoughts and post no more.  

IMO, the reality is OSA has violated its mission of making OPL the most competitive as possible.    OSA unilaterally created rules and promoted and relegated teams without one iota common sense in their analysis.  OSA should be ashamed of their actions and realize they have done a disservice to the kids in this age group.

Putting aside all the BS, the best teams in this age group -as we sit today - are OFC, TSC Griffin and after that its a complete shakeup right now between SLSC, TSC Parker and Blitz.  (I could argue that but for a forfeit against kitterman and other factors OFC would be in the same situation as the other clubs)    Unfortunately for Blitz they lost a lot of players.  That said, reality is they are still better than any of the 6 - 10 teams. TSC Parker has different players than what winters was last year, how that plays out remains to be seen.  SLSC stayed just about the same losing a goalkeeper but getting a very good player.  These teams are head and shoulders above the rest and a little research or communication with the coaches would've shown them this.  

Now Amos who has a guaranteed spot in top OPL bracket is also very different losing their better players to Parker (this is what i have heard).   So basically you even have a diluted TSC third team getting the spot.  NYSA - same analysis. They lost players and have never been competitive against the top teams.  They will be further diluted by having to pull from their second team to form an 11 v 11 team.  

None of this is to say that NYSA and any of the other teams may not be great in the future.  I hope they are.   However, as it stands today they haven't "earned" their way.  They have not been competitive against any of the top 5 teams and now "need" players off their second teams to compete on a larger field with more players on the field. Also, if you watched last year most of the games were very competitive in the top division.  

OSA's actions are punitive against teams who chose to play 11 v 11 last year.  This is odd given OSA provided the league.  Further, when looking at other age groups OSA's decision looks more ridiculous as no "silver" bracket teams were promoted.  As an aside, this problem is also prevalent on the boys side.  Reality is OSA has failed these kids and clubs.  

Whoever did this should be fired for incompetence.  They did not communicate or seek input from the age group coaches.  They did not factor in that 8 v 8 teams have to add players to their rosters off of "b" teams.   In the end, its completely non sensical.   I for one have completely lost confidence in OSA and hope clubs start heading over to US Club so these kids can be served.

As an aside, last years rules make the top 5 safe. When you give rules and expectations you should adhere to them.  There is no telling what coaching decisions and changes would have occurred last year had this outcome been known.  You can't change rules and expectations after the fact. Its like making the finish line 10 yards longer after the race has finished.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by populista Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 am

SLSC04 wrote:I'll give my last thoughts and post no more.  

IMO, the reality is OSA has violated its mission of making OPL the most competitive as possible.    OSA unilaterally created rules and promoted and relegated teams without one iota common sense in their analysis.  OSA should be ashamed of their actions and realize they have done a disservice to the kids in this age group.

As an aside, last years rules make the top 5 safe. When you give rules and expectations you should adhere to them.  There is no telling what coaching decisions and changes would have occurred last year had this outcome been known.  You can't change rules and expectations after the fact. Its like making the finish line 10 yards longer after the race has finished.

You've hit the nail on the head, SLSC04!  I dug out the OSA Policy Sheet from last year to confirm my memory of what we bargained for when we chose 11v11.  Here it is:

************************************************************************************

Oklahoma Competitive League Updates
(6/29/2014)

Oklahoma Premier League (OPL)

• For the 2014-2015 season only

o   U11 teams may select 11v11 or 8v8. All 11v11 teams will be Gold division OPL, all teams participating in 11v11 U11 will participate in State Cup for the 2015 year. 11v11 teams will have a maximum roster size of 18.

The Following Season 2015-2016

• Following the 2014-2015 season strict promotion relegation will be followed.

o U11-U16 teams will be limited to 8 team brackets

• Promotion and relegation will be as follows

o  The teams below the 7th team in the Gold division will be relegated to the Silver division.

o  The top team from the Silver Division will be promoted into the 8th spot in the Gold division.

*********************************************************************************

So, this much was clear when teams signed up for 11v11 last year:

1.  They were in the Gold Division; and presumably the other teams (8v8) were in Silver.

2.  The next season [i.e. now - U12] there should be 8-team brackets.

3.  The team (if any) below the 7th spot in last year's GOLD division should be relegated to Silver; and the top team in Silver should be promoted to GOLD.

OSA's new policy has broken these promises in several ways:

1.  By unilaterally placing Silver (8v8) teams on a par with Gold (11v11) teams with no justification, OSA is ignoring that 11v11 was the GOLD Division last year.

2.  OSA did not create an 8-team Gold Division for this coming year - instead it is trying to form a 5-team Gold Division.

3.  OSA is promoting at least 2 teams from Silver, rather than the one-team promotion it promised.

If folks knew that OSA was going to renege, change its policy, and pull a classic "bait and switch", I'm sure many clubs, teams, and player families would have made very different decisions in the Summer of 2014.  In a nutshell, OSA encouraged 11v11 last year, but now is punishing everyone who played it . . . except the top teams from TSC and OFC !?!

So when all the dust has settled (promotion, relegation, team dissolution, etc.), here are what the U12 Gold Divisions should be based on what we bargained for last year:

Girls

1.  TSC Griffin
2.  OFC 04
3.  TSC Parker
4.  Blitz 04
5.  South Lakes Blue

6.  OK Arsenal
7.  NYSA Fury
8.  TSC Amos

Boys

1.  TSC Umelo Gold
2.  OFC 04
3.  WSA Black
4.  South Lakes Blue
5.  TSC Umelo Red

6.  Blitz Navy
7.  Blitz Black
8.  Highlanders Blue

populista

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickin grAss 04 Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:30 am

Great stuff from both SLSC and Populista. Fix the problem OSA!! The kids deserve it.

Kickin grAss 04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:39 pm

That's great stuff

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Populista for OSA President? Twisted Evil

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:57 pm

You guys...lol
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:26 am

OFC04DAD wrote:You guys...lol
Seems like only yesterday you were enjoying everyone else's misery (state cup) while you all were given every possible advantage to win.  How'd that work out for you? 4th place I think.

Now, because of a BS forfeit, you all get a non-deserved bye, while others are sweating a play-in game. But hey, glad to see you laughing again.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:25 pm

I see there is a little talk about other alternatives vs playing in OSA league. But what are the true alternatives? I am sure the Griffin group will be complaining as soon as OSA doesn't allow them to play up (which I don't blame them for complaining if not allowed).

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 pm

The Tar Heel guy is a little wound up. Sounds like SLSC04.... if this game would have gone this way instead of that way and this kid wasn't hurt and then this game would have gone that way instead of this way.....them SLSC would have been first place.....it is what it is gang. you could argue the same about some college and pro games as well. West siders. lol

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:17 pm

Nobody's wound up here, truth be told, enjoying that little trophy icon next to our team name (GotSoccer).  Just reminding OFC04DAD (and now you) of a little thing called KARMA.  

And your right, it is what it is, just know this, you all didn't earn it.  

And very proud to be EAST side (lol, almost forgot my geography) it's where the trophies are at (even in H.S.)

Last edited by Tar Heel on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by nat Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Wow!! OSA has screwed this up big time!!! For the life of me I cant figure out how Winters/Parker placed 3rd in overall end of season standings, lost in overtime in state cup, and has to play in a play in game to be in gold division?!! BTW I have no DD in 04 group.

nat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickin grAss 04 Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Im starting to think OSA wears an OFC jersey.

Kickin grAss 04

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:08 pm

cheers cheers cheers

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 pm

OFC04DAD wrote:You guys...lol

Tarheel nailed it in his response to this comment! Very funny stuff! Oh, well, it'll be a new season soon, and it'll be fun to see all the revamped teams, including yours. I suspect you guys'll be good. Just do the rest of us a favor...try to win ALL your games for real this time! No fake forfeits (cuz' its cheesy and should be beneath a club of your caliber and it doesn't fit the spirit of the game of giving all the girls good competition) and also decline all the favorable scheduling nonsense that OSA will try to give you guys during next year's State Cup...see parenthetical above as to reasons why you should do this. If you win or qualify flat out honest, then no one will want to be placing an asterisk by your spot in the Gold Division the following year. Until then, comments like "LOL" will probably get deserved smackdowns from Tarheel and likely many others.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Blameitontheref Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Well, the deadline for signing up for that little play-in "tournament" has passed. Does anyone know who all (if anyone) signed up for it? Supposedly it was Winters, Blitz, NEOFC, and Unity that was eligible. I assume there have been changes to that list though, if OSA has heard enough complaints and play-up requests.

Blameitontheref

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Has anyone heard what OSA is going to do? There has been a lot of clubs complaining and I heard "just from rumor " a few options and was wondering if you guys have heard anything?

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by roots40 Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm hearing reliable rumors that, although OSA is not going to revisit the policy (5-team Gold OPL), the team selection chaos may all be moot due to the fact that (1) the top teams are playing up into U13, and (2) the 8v8 teams that were eligible for the play-in games opted (wisely) for Silver.

Meaning, I think, that Parker and Blitz are in on the Girls side, and WSA and SLC are in on the Boys side, without the need for any play-in games.

Again, just a solid rumor . . . so don't trash me if I'm wrong.

roots40

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:22 pm

If roots is accurate, that means OSA has again violated and changed the rules after the fact to fit their desired result.  First, TSC Griffin can't play up but with enough lobbying they can (not saying they shouldn't be able to).  

This is what I'm tired up.  What rules are we playing under?  What circumstances?  How about the continuity requirements?  I thought the mission of OPL was to create the most competitive league as possible?  

Again, shame on OSA.  This is easy. Let Griffin play up.  Then put OFC, Parker, Blitz, SLSC and Norman in top group.  Not that hard OSA.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:32 pm

roots40 wrote:I'm hearing reliable rumors that, although OSA is not going to revisit the policy (5-team Gold OPL), the team selection chaos may all be moot due to the fact that (1) the top teams are playing up into U13.

I noticed you said top teamS. Are you hearing teams other than Griffin are wanting to move up?

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by roots40 Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:51 pm

uplaylikeagirl wrote:
roots40 wrote:I'm hearing reliable rumors that, although OSA is not going to revisit the policy (5-team Gold OPL), the team selection chaos may all be moot due to the fact that (1) the top teams are playing up into U13.

I noticed you said top teamS. Are you hearing teams other than Griffin are wanting to move up?
No.  I was referring to one on the Girls side and one on the Boys side.

roots40

Back to top Go down

Post by nat Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:27 pm

If griffin plays up do they have to play silver or do they have to play gold?

nat

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 pm

roots40 wrote:I'm hearing reliable rumors that, although OSA is not going to revisit the policy (5-team Gold OPL), the team selection chaos may all be moot due to the fact that (1) the top teams are playing up into U13, and (2) the 8v8 teams that were eligible for the play-in games opted (wisely) for Silver.

Meaning, I think, that Parker and Blitz are in on the Girls side, and WSA and SLC are in on the Boys side, without the need for any play-in games.

Again, just a solid rumor . . . so don't trash me if I'm wrong.

So on the girls side
OPL 1 would be NYSA, TSC Amos, OFC, Parker and Blitz
OPL 2 would be NEOFC, Unity white, Cosmos, TSC Harding, OFC white and black, WSA red, Arsenal and CVFC

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Working theory but maybe we know why such craziness is going on. When logic isn't behind a groups findings and the result perplexing beyond reason then look to who the players are and what their motives are. Here we have players whose apparent ties benefit the teams who don't belong in the top tier.

So Vice President of competitive youth is Matt Howe.  TSC director of player development.   Is it wrong to speculate that this is why we are where we are.  Amos lobbied hard to be included and you have a strong voice in charge of this side.  It's a theory I know I'll get ripped for but we know Amos is not near the same team they were last year with player movement.

Same for Norman.  The district Vice President for the west side is a Norman guy.  

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next