Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
best 01 girls team Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

best 01 girls team

3 posters

Go down

best 01 girls team Empty best 01 girls team

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 am

would anyone disagree that the ofc 01 team is the best team and once some of our tulsa girls join them next year they will be able to compete with anybody

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

best 01 girls team Empty Re: best 01 girls team

Post by Ntxrocks Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:38 pm

I think most of us in NTX would give them a close second. My dd has played them and TSC a few times and my 00 had a friendly with TSC once. The coaches believe TSC has the best 01 team and I've seen both and agree as well.

Ntxrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:47 pm

I would have to disagree. We have played both a few times over the years and I
watched TSC many times. I give the edge to OFC. TSC has never beaten OFC but they have not played each other in a couple of years. IF you look at similar opponents you might give OFC the edge that way also. A couple of girls from blitz joined TSC and that helped them but some of us are thinking about joining OFC and that should make a differnce as well.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 pm

I also talked to an OFC parent a while back who told me there are 4-5 Norman/Southlake girls that could possibly help them if they would ever make the jump. For some reason this age group has less movement than others but it will happen eventually. Regional Tournament/Showcase tournaments will ultimatley cause the girls to jump to OFC or TSC in Tulsa if they want to try ECNL.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:24 am

Delusion is the solution. Take it from an NTX parent. TSC is better.

Ntxrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 pm

TSCH is significantly better in the back.  OFC is stronger up top, and has better spacing and movement on offense.

Going to be a moot point soon.  When TSCH goes ECNL, they won't play OFC again (and as far as NTx goes TSCH will only play the ECNL clubs).  The NTx competition for OFC will also drop off considerably, as OFC will wind up playing NTx B teams in PLW.  Tulsa girls going to OFC won't change that equation.  Unless OFC gets into ECNL, National League (the real one, i.e., not NPL) is OFC's only hope to consistently play against solid competition.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:55 pm

tschlurker wrote:TSCH is significantly better in the back.  OFC is stronger up top, and has better spacing and movement on offense.

Going to be a moot point soon.  When TSCH goes ECNL, they won't play OFC again (and as far as NTx goes TSCH will only play the ECNL clubs).  The NTx competition for OFC will also drop off considerably, as OFC will wind up playing NTx B teams in PLW.  Tulsa girls going to OFC won't change that equation.  Unless OFC gets into ECNL, National League (the real one, i.e., not NPL) is OFC's only hope to consistently play against solid competition.

What keeps OFC from joining ECNL? They would seem to have the neccessary qualifications.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm

It is my understanding clubs must (1) be good sized in terms of teams: (2) have a history of producing excellent players and teams, and (3) have a solid licensed coaching staff and good infrastructure. Whatever the threshold qualifications are, it seems to be a subjective process where meeting the basic qualifications doesn't automatically get the club in. Geography plays a role as well which may work against OFC. I assume TSC would not have been accepted to ECNL without the Hurricane merger. I think OFC would be big enough, but am not sure as to their success in older age groups and with player development. It is rumored TSCH lobbied to keep OFC out -- it would not be surprising if there were political elements to the process.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum