Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
best 00 team? Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

best 00 team?

5 posters

Go down

best 00 team? Empty best 00 team?

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:40 am

ofc is by far the best with blitz next. any other opinions?

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

best 00 team? Empty Re: best 00 team?

Post by Ntxrocks Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm

If you don't include the ECNL squad from TSC I would agree. But none if you can hang with us!

Ntxrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Yes TSC ECNL squad is stout too. OFC finished 2nd at regional and did very well in the PLW. They can play with anybody. Our Blitz team is not far behind but OFC already has one Tulsa girl playing for them and if others go they will get that much tougher. It seems like Blitz is starting to lose girls to TSC and OFC who are turning into the two dominate clubs.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:38 pm

OFC has 2 Tulsa girls...they carpool to practice (per 1 of the dads).

Very tight 3 team race here.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 am

Carpooling is a must with us. The DFW drive is a mess!

Ntxrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:54 pm

One of the two OFC Tulsa girls injured this spring and not playing.  Good players but not the kids you need to gameplan for on that team.

00 age group is too fractured to consistently beat the best Texas teams  -- the 00 talent is still spread out and no superteam ever formed like in 95, 98 and 99 age groups.

TSCH ECNL would be at the top of the Oklahoma mix if they were in the same system with OFC and Blitz.  If some Blitz kids make the move to TSCH that could create an ECNL team with the best chance of beating Texas teams.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Ok, if we are going to get back to comical/crazy days of Turfmonster, when someone throws chum in the water, the sharks need to jump on it.

In an effort to stimulate conversation, in summary:

OFC is not attracting top Tulsa talent, and won't unless TSCH fails in their efforts to keep them from becoming an ECNL team.  OFC is in the real-deal National League which at U14 is still a good league (as opposed to the weak "NPL" league Blitz is in) but they are middle of the pack in that league.  If two best OFC girls came east and some Blitz girls moved to TSCH, you would have a potentially great team.

No Tulsa 00 team will be consistently successful against North Texas A level teams (i.e. ECNL teams) unless and until the spread-out talent gets together as it did in other age groups (95, 98, 99).  The best Blitz kids who want to play the top competition need to go to TSCH to bolster the ECNL team.

Why Blitz to TSCH and not the other way around?  It's not cheerleading, as both clubs simply attempt to sell the dream of college soccer to all who will buy.  TSCH (by virtue of the merger a few years ago) has the ECNL platform, which going forward will clearly offer the best competition for those truly interested in college soccer.  Blitz has no similar competitive league opportunities.  The "NPL" they offer is a sub-regional league of B quality made up to help non-ECNL clubs.  It is not nearly as good as PLW which is not as good as ECNL.  Those Blitz kids looking to maximize their competitive opportunities should make the ECNL move.  Otherwise, 00 soccer in Oklahoma will not likely ever be very special.

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:59 pm

A lot has changed since your last post TSCHLurker. What're your thoughts? I will say that I've always thought the ECNL 00 team at TSCH would rank third if they played OFC and Umelo. 1st would have to currently be OFC. Too much politics involved in player selection for that year's ECNL team for it to ever be what it could be. Just my opinion as a mostly casual observer. Agree with much of what you say, otherwise, though....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 pm

I believe the ECNL-OFC-Umelo question was a lot closer last year.  I also believe the ECNL team is a lot better (at least as compared to Oklahoma competition) this year, as they added a few starters (which is usually a barometer of improvement) and have a shorter bench so are stronger top to bottom.  OFC didn't qualify for national league this year, and lost a kid to TSCH ECNL, and gained a kid from Umelo, who added so many kids that he has 19(!) which has PT drama potential.  So in my opinion the rank order would be ECNL-OFC-Umelo.  All theoretical, as they will NEVER play each other.

As for the politics, they are always there, and I think TSC lost a great opportunity to make the 00s better when they let Umelo's team stay together, which keeps the talent spread out for another year, which hurts the kids that want to go next level.

It will be interesting to see how many Umelo kids make ECNL next year.  Some of them might say 10, I think it will be 3-5.  Drama ahead...

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:25 pm

Any new thoughts on this? I heard that ECNL squad still not doing well until recently took a Umelo guest player and then finally had a good tournament. True or just poor scuttlebut? If true, would think # will be closer to 10.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Scuttlebutt grades out as incomplete. Wink
ECNL 00 played in an ECNL showcase in Florida.  Those showcases are seeded, so they played teams from other regions who are similarly situated in their leagues as TSC is in the Texas conference (which is toughest or second toughest in the country).  So they wind up playing teams they can beat, and went 2-1. No finals etc, just 3 games, and hope to be seen by college coaches (and reportedly 20 or more at each game -- you won't see that at state cup!).
They have some injuries so needed a guest player.  She is part of a group of 00s who came over from Arkansas (two play for Umelo and 10 formed a OPL team which uses guest players for league games; one of the AR kids plays keeper for ECNL team).  Guest player totalled 1 assist in 3 games (out of 8 goals scored).  IMO she is clearly Umelo's best player from a ready-for-ECNL standpoint, but he didn't develop her, and sort of lucked into her last year.  She would almost certainly make the ECNL team.  However, that doesn't mean anything with regard to his other kids, as not sure how many are clear upgrades over existing ECNL kids, who likely get benefit of doubt if it is close -- keep in mind Umelo finished 6th in PLW as well, so they are not Barcelona.  Depending on if other kids show up from other places (OFC?), IMO the most that make it from his team is 4, so I will set the over-under at 3.5...

tschlurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Very well answered! Thanks! Kind of fits my suspicion of the state of affairs!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum