Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Age Pure 05 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Age Pure 05

+23
TSC010405
NeverPlayedSoccer
Rainbow
Tar Heel
Rico S
Yellowcard
Roughneck04
longball
yoyokix
ENERGYFC04
Big Red
oksoccer
redcard
JenksSoccerDad
Gatorade95
t-town05
Oakie75
Pitchperfect
Gunners006
nat
sooner5
Celtic05Dad
918soccer
27 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Age Pure 05 - Page 2 Empty Re: Age Pure 05

Post by 918soccer Wed May 11, 2016 4:35 am

I can't see Carreno not getting along with anyone. Why are you so angry about this?

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 11, 2016 4:41 am

Im, not at all!! That has been said by other coaches in 05 age group

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 11, 2016 4:50 am

I could careless my player isnt in age group. She was told by mac she wasnt coaching.What coach with TSCH has ever been with a group for 3 years but 4 years!!!! I understand she is connected with the group but she has to let go to further the team. The other coaches on girls side understand to further teams other coaches need to take over. Has Shubert, Beattie, Jessie, Shubert, George, Ken, Kenny, Donivan, Or any other girls coaches taken a team 4 years. Very few have taken a team 3 years! She has had her stamp on the team. If she goes further it is selfish on her part. The dominant coaches on girls side all buy into concept...... Why is she to be different???? Tsch motto every 2-3 years a team gets a new coach!

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 am

I could careless my player isnt in age group. She was told by mac she wasnt coaching.What coach with TSCH has ever been with a group for 3 years but 4 years!!!! I understand she is connected with the group but she has to let go to further the team. Its has to be tough as it was her first team and she has a bond and was successful .Im sure other coaches would love to stay with their teams. What about best coaches in club coaching their daughters. They are pushed on to other coaches. The other coaches on girls side understand to further teams other coaches need to take over. Has Shubert, Beattie, Jessie, Shubert, George, Ken, Kenny, Donivan, Bolding, Swartz, Rhein, Pemberton ,Melton, Harding, or any other coaches on girls been apart of a team over 4 years!? They all have way more experience than A Carreno. She has had her stamp on the team. Is it bc her niece is an 05 and her sister is the manager??? If she goes further it is selfish on her part. She did a great job!!! Its time for them to grow under another coach. The dominant coaches on girls side all buy into concept...... Why is she to be different with much less experience to the other coaches???? Tsch motto every 2-3 years a team gets a new coach!

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed May 11, 2016 5:07 am

I don't see an issue. Carreno is not coaching the team, Beattie is, and besides, because of the age change it will not be the same team that she has had for the last few years. Her email did not imply that she was holding on to this team, just helping.

Last edited by 918soccer on Wed May 11, 2016 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed May 11, 2016 5:24 am

Redcard, yesterday I posted that Carreno was a great coach for 07 and 09 girls and you replied that you agree and disagree. Sounds like you might have a prior issue with Carreno that is influencing your bias against her.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Why does Careeno get to help? None of the other coaches or teams get that privledge or oppurtunity. Im sure there are many other teams and coaches that would love to be apart of their teams but they have moved on as asked. We would love for our coach to "help" out with our team.

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Wed May 11, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm not familiar with the situation but sounds like redcard needs to change to angryred! This is probably the same parent that we had to listen to yell and scream the whole game during state cup. If you are not I apologize but someone needs to get that parent under control.

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by oksoccer Wed May 11, 2016 12:51 pm

And back to the original post. OFC 05s should be very good. The majority of the top team girls that won State Cup are 05s. Plus several girls from the white team are 05s.

oksoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Wed May 11, 2016 1:08 pm

oksoccer wrote:And back to the original post.  OFC 05s should be very good.  The majority of the top team girls that won State Cup are 05s.  Plus several girls from the white team are 05s.  

How many 05s were on the first team?

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Wed May 11, 2016 1:20 pm

redcard wrote:I could careless my player isnt in age group. She was told by mac she wasnt coaching.What coach with TSCH has ever been with a group for 3 years but  4 years!!!!  I understand she is connected with the group but she has to let go to further the team. Its has to be tough as it was her first team and she has a bond and was successful .Im sure other coaches would love to stay with their teams. What about best coaches in club coaching their daughters. They are pushed on to other coaches.   The other coaches on girls side understand to further teams other coaches need to take over. Has Shubert, Beattie, Jessie, Shubert, George, Ken, Kenny, Donivan, Bolding, Swartz, Rhein, Pemberton ,Melton, Harding, or any other coaches on girls been apart of a team over 4 years!? They all have way more experience than A Carreno.  She has had her stamp on the team.  Is it bc her niece is an 05 and her sister is the manager???  If she goes further it is selfish on her part. She did a great job!!! Its time for them to grow under another coach. The dominant coaches on girls side all buy into concept...... Why is she to be different with much less experience to the other coaches???? Tsch motto every 2-3 years a team gets a new coach!

If you do not already work for TSC, you might want to see if they have an opening somewhere. Shocked Laughing

Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Wed May 11, 2016 1:41 pm

I wouldnt coach ever!! Its just not right!!

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed May 11, 2016 1:48 pm

This from an unbiased party. Why the flux about Carreno? Either she is or she isn't a good coach! Maybe they need her involved to keep the team together. Maybe her involvement is temporary as the dynamics of the team and players require it.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Wed May 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Kinda sounds like redcards dd is on Melton and wasn't picked up by Carreno last year at tryouts and he/she is a little bitter about it... If you don't have an '05 (as you stated) I don't know why you'd care so much. I think Carreno's record speaks for itself and they way she has grown her team. Maybe enough parents asked for her help with the transition?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed May 11, 2016 1:55 pm

yoyokix wrote:Kinda sounds like redcards dd is on Melton and wasn't picked up by Carreno last year at tryouts and he/she is a little bitter about it... If you don't have an '05 (as you stated) I don't know why you'd care so much. I think Carreno's record speaks for itself and they way she has grown her team. Maybe enough parents asked for her help with the transition?
I have seen her team play a couple of times. I was frankly impressed with the soccer IQ of her team and they way she treated them. Impressive coach!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Wed May 11, 2016 3:59 pm

yoyokix wrote:Kinda sounds like redcards dd is on Melton and wasn't picked up by Carreno last year at tryouts and he/she is a little bitter about it... If you don't have an '05 (as you stated) I don't know why you'd care so much. I think Carreno's record speaks for itself and they way she has grown her team. Maybe enough parents asked for her help with the transition?

I think we have a winner.

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Thu May 12, 2016 9:05 pm

redcard wrote:Why does Careeno get to help? None of the other coaches or teams get that privledge or oppurtunity. Im sure there are many other teams and coaches that would love to be apart of their teams but they have moved on as asked. We would love for our coach to "help" out with our team.

Wasn't Amos still listed as the assistant the 03 TSC Beattie team? TSC has done the "assistant" coach role a few times (from my limited knowledge). It's mainly been to placate the parent group and keep kids from jumping to different clubs.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Thu May 12, 2016 10:37 pm

From what has been said Carreno is only helping with tryouts. Amos had a limited role and soon was not involved. Seriously, anyone on that 05g group would be idiots to jump to another club. With all that is offered for top players at TSCH. The 05 parents are smarter than that

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri May 13, 2016 1:31 am

Sometimes they just say they are helping to make the transition easier for parent and players and then it doesn't happen.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Fri May 13, 2016 1:41 pm

redcard wrote: Seriously, anyone on that 05g group would be idiots to jump to another club. With all that is offered for top players at TSCH.
Given Beattie's track record, I wouldn't be too excited at all if I were an 05 parent. Sure they may stay b/c TSCH is the only place in the state for ECNL, but I bet few are thrilled with TSC's ECNL jr coaching selections.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Fri May 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Rico S wrote:
redcard wrote: Seriously, anyone on that 05g group would be idiots to jump to another club. With all that is offered for top players at TSCH.
Given Beattie's track record, I wouldn't be too excited at all if I were an 05 parent.  Sure they may stay b/c TSCH is the only place in the state for ECNL, but I bet few are thrilled with TSC's ECNL jr coaching selections.

Couldn't disagree more. I have an 04 that has practiced and guest played with the 03 Amos and then 03 Beattie team for several years now. Practices for both coaches have ALWAYS been top notch. ECNL is not a "everyone gets a trophy" environment. You need tough coaches, I feel it better prepares the kids for life's problems.

I also have a starter on the 05 team.
Let me first say that Carreno did an OUTSTANDING job with the 05's. They distribute the ball around the field better than anyone (and that should be a direct compliment to the coach and players). I will miss the fact that it was almost a 2 for 1 with the Carreno's (her brother, also a coach, also helped during practices). All-in-all, very high marks and happy my daughter played for them. But I have no problems at all with Beattie coming in, kids need change, they need new sets of eyes evaluating them, new challenges.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri May 13, 2016 5:47 pm

I guess the question is what was the last team that he coached that won state?

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Fri May 13, 2016 6:07 pm

I've never seen a session one from Beattie. But I do know that he hid the 01s from OFC 01 and blitz 01 Navy for years. And in the end, it doesn't appear his 01 team competed very well in ECNL. I think its clear the 03 are less dominant now than they were a year ago. And again...look at the choice of tournaments for the 03s this year.

Anyway, perhaps he just didn't have the talent in the 01s and my assessment of the 03s is wrong, but all I'm saying is that based on track record, I would be cautiously optimistic at best.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Fri May 13, 2016 6:39 pm

I could be wrong, but if memory serves me right, didn't he coach the 03's last year for a State Championship? And by that logic, you're saying teams and coaches are only good if they win State???

IMHO, if OFC 03 plays TSC 03 Beattie 10 more times it would probably go 8-1-1 or 9-0-1 for TSC. No offense to OFC, but they showed up that day and wanted it more. That's why you play the game. But to say TSC 03 is not dominant, they are undefeated in the 02 gold bracket!!!

I don't know anything about the 01's, but as far as the 03's and 04's tournament choices go, that budget is mostly dictated by ECNL events (which usually give little to no GotSoccer points). That's why our top teams don't represent there. We play ECNL league games and showcases instead of local tournaments.

Keep in mind, 03 Amos/Beattie won the last two State Championships, just as 04 Kitterman/Griffin has done now. If 04 Griffin has a bad championship game next year in State, that doesn't mean they are any less dominant.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri May 13, 2016 6:45 pm

U12 was really 03 Amos with Amos running 2 sessions a week and running the games and Beattie running 1 session per week and observing the games. U13 was 03 Beattie with Beattie running 2 sessions a week and running the games. Amos was non existent after the first couple of league games in the fall and then showed up on the sideline for a couple of state games.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next