Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Who all is trying out for ECNL??? - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who all is trying out for ECNL???

+11
The Soccer 1%
That Annoying Itch
Oakie75
cosmos04
Blameitontheref
Rainbow
04eastside
bird04
Big Red
ENERGYFC04
Yellowcard
15 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Who all is trying out for ECNL??? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Post by Yellowcard Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:20 pm

I could have already paid for college with the amount of money we have spent over the years... Out of town tournaments for a family are about $500 per at least.

Sub rules are real. If a player subs out in a half they can't come back in until the next half. It's not like what people are used to. Players have to learn to conserve energy and most of all get used to not playing every minute of the game.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Who all is trying out for ECNL??? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Post by Rainbow Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:25 pm

I thought the same sub rules come into play with USYS at U13 or U14? They just added this change recently. ODP has always had this sub rule.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Sorry looks like the sub rule goes in place at U15

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Exactly... Normal OPL allows a sub at every freaking out of bounds! It can be strategy for some teams that are winning barely to sub and waste time.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Most players get to play about half in ECNL(even the ones that shouldn't). Kids trying to compete and grinding for playing time is acutally good for them. Teaches toughness, detemination, and perseverance. All traits that will serve them later in life. I think once you hit the competetive ages play time should be based on performance. Parents that don't like the sub rule have kids that are on the fringe of being good enough for the team and if that's the case then they should be playing on a team appropriate for their skill level. The good players play alot. Parents get in the way and don't let their kids fight through. One, advantage of the sub rule is it teaches a kid how to play and focus when tired.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 pm

I love it! That is all very very accurate...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by That Annoying Itch Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD, you are so right!

That Annoying Itch

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:10 am

Interesting meeting today... Looks good for everyone! Plenty of spots up for grabs with the composite teams! Looks like everyone will make it...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by That Annoying Itch Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:10 am

Did anyone catch the name of the new coach that is suppose to coach the composite team? Know anything about him?

That Annoying Itch

Back to top Go down

Post by Number6 Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:54 am

My daughter might not be better than other kids from other teams, but what she does offer is great chemistry because she's already on the team! Lol pick the best kids -teams that win seem to always get good chemistry

Number6

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Number6 wrote:My daughter might not be better than other kids from other teams, but what she does offer is great chemistry because she's already on the team! Lol pick the best kids -teams that win seem to always get good chemistry
I find that chemistry depends on the parents on the sideline. A good parent group makes all the difference and one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch. Advice that never fails is, do what is best for your child, regardless of club or what other parents may think. I've seen alot of parents hold their kids back because they were afriad of what other parents/clubs might think.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by That Annoying Itch Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Numbers, I agree with you but it is unfourtunate that's not how I see ECNL teams being formed. Chemistry between players can make the difference between an average team and a great team. The player that is only interested in their own personal stats and accomplishments is a chemistry killer

That Annoying Itch

Back to top Go down

Post by That Annoying Itch Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Great Advice, I totally agree. also, parents need to do their homework on who is coaching their dd and who your dd will be playing with. These decesions can have a big impact later down the road.

That Annoying Itch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:17 pm

That Annoying Itch wrote:Numbers, I agree with you but it is unfourtunate that's not how I see ECNL teams being formed.  Chemistry between players can make the difference between an average team and a great team.  The player that is only interested in their own personal stats and accomplishments is a chemistry killer

I couldn't agree more. That's why you usually see that player starting the game on the bench (and I'm certainly not saying all players on the bench have that mindset). Just the ones that continually don't pass, attempting shots (that bounce 5 times to the keeper) rather than making the needed pass.

I'd rather have a player that is only worried about one stat, "WINS" and one concern, "TEAM". That player doesn't care how they get there, just that the team "did it". And that player doesn't have to say look at me, look at me.... Their game does it for them.

PS...welcome to the forums, happy to see you just joined (again?)
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Every team has "that parent" on their team... You know the one that goes on and on about how good their kid is and is almost belittling to them after games. Some teams have more than one of those parents. I always think it's funny when they think it isn't them but everyone else knows!!! Those are the parents I like to make fun of... I say lighten up! I hope we don't have any of those next year.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 pm

You could always threaten to go over to Blitz again...oh wait, they got tired of that. And will you stay on one account please.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Me?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Too soon?
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:20 pm

College coaches are recruiting a player not team chemistry. It can help position your team so more coaches come to your games but a coach is looking at an individual player so some players look good in a system that they have played all their life with the same set of kids but then look lost once the coach gets the player to an ID camp and they have to standout on their own with many other players the coach is trying to evaluate.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Tar Heel wrote:Too soon?

You got me mixed up with someone else Bluefoot... I only have one account and don't know you. I wasn't speaking of anyone specifically but I assume since you thought I was referring to you then you are "that guy"?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:24 pm

LOL. Whatever makes you feel better.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:47 am

Uh ok weirdo... I honestly don't know you or what you are talking about. But I see what happened. I wasn't referring to your post above it was the earlier one about parents etc. I am guessing you have enemies on the board?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:56 am

Listen, I wish everyone the best of luck in tryouts.   We're all feeling the pressure, including our kids.  

Just know that comments in an Oklahoma soccer forum is not going to win your DD an ECNL spot (and no, Yellow, not talking about you).

Just have your DD lace em up and bring her "A" game.  Should be room for all.  No need to worry about someone else's kid.

Last edited by Tar Heel on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:23 am

Those are fair statements! This is an 03 forum though so that might make a difference? Haha!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:26 am

We're "forum'ing up" too
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum