Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Most improved 04 team? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Most improved 04 team?

+17
04eastside
Number6
soccerschmuck
Tar Heel
TSC010405
The Soccer 1%
Yellowcard
Rico S
ENERGYFC04
sooner
Rainbow
Roughneck04
Soonerdad04
bird04
cosmos04
yoyokix
918soccer
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Most improved 04 team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Most improved 04 team?

Post by The Soccer 1% Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
4.  TSC is the only team i personally see moving kids off top team to lower teams -not sure how this helps anyone's development.
Not to defend TSC, but, I've seen OFC do it recently and I've seen other clubs do it as well. It's odd to me that only some TSC teams do it with reckless abandon. I've seen some that never do it against us or some of the other folks that I've emailed to compare notes.

OSA needs to address the issue with some more stringent guidelines.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 pm

I agree they need:

1) Some clause not allowing OPL/OCL teams to barrow from SRPL... maybe there should be a medical exception. If a player is returning from an injury and they need some game time before returning back to their primary team???

2) Another clause that you can not barrow from a team that is playing up an age group

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Mon May 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Rainbow wrote:I agree they need:

1) Some clause not allowing OPL/OCL teams to barrow from SRPL... maybe there should be a medical exception.  If a player is returning from an injury and they need some game time before returning back to their primary team???

2) Another clause that you can not barrow from a team that is playing up an age group

agree 100%. That would cut out the nonsense (by all clubs) and ensure the CPP is being used for developmental reasons versus attempts to prop up team(s) place(s) in divisions and/or records. It also continues to benefit the smaller clubs which was the premise behind it originally.

Now the big problem. The concept that OSA can do the right thing and make the right choice. I won't hold my breath.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Mon May 23, 2016 6:54 pm

1) Some clause not allowing OPL/OCL teams to barrow from SRPL... maybe there should be a medical exception.  If a player is returning from an injury and they need some game time before returning back to their primary team???

"No CPP players from any higher division." That should cover it. SRPL can't come down to Gold. Gold can't come down to Silver, Silver can't come down to OCL. If you have injuries or needs, bring them from below in either age or class.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Mon May 23, 2016 7:53 pm

I agree that it would allow for kids on lower teams to gain some quality touches. I also see how it would be better for smaller clubs, because they do not have the option of pulling from higher teams. Which I do not have a problem with. I don't like the asterisk talk. I've seen the larger clubs all pull from the top teams in many ages. Good thing is the year is over and none of that matters. We all start over again next year.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon May 23, 2016 8:05 pm

Did that happen?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon May 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Rainbow wrote:The offer to count the state cup game was not after the fact it was once the state cup schedule came out... and Amos has not done this before in league play.  I was told that basically the players that had guest played in the past did not want to drive to OKC for a game, where busy with Age Group Training or where out of school and off on summer vacations.  This game was scheduled so late and so far past State Cup. So he went with players that where still training and more dedicated.  I am sure it had an impact but this falls back on the old discussion around you can take 2 - 3 strong players off a top team and stick them on an avg team and they are able to compete with the stronger teams in the state.

I said this and I still maintain it... I could have taken 2-3 players and switched them out with a number of teams and made them a top contender...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 4:06 am

The reason Amos picked two of the three players from 04 Griffin was due to two of them (including mine) had a younger sibling on the 05 Carreno team also playing in Edmond at the same time.  Amos knew we would already be in OKC. In the end only two guest players were used, giving them 14 players.

And who's to say the guest players even made that much of a difference.  The 04 Amos girls played great that day.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Tue May 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah Guest Player didnt make much difference, heard she just scored both goals.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 1:46 pm

She had a track meet the night before till 10:30pm and was hardly her normal "factor" on the field.  The first goal (winning goal) was a PK that any girl could have made, the keeper never moved.  

And yes, the second goal was RIDICULOUS (30-35 yards, upper left corner)  But that was just icing.

Sweet icing! Cool
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 2:02 pm

So the guest player took the PK and scored the other goal?

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 2:05 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:So the guest player took the PK and scored the other goal?
yes and any other kid would have made the PK and scored from 30 in the upper something or another.  Geez, get a clue. CPP players made no difference whatsoever.  OFC out players made no difference either. True age tryouts coming made no difference.   Amos rocks lol

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey, but at least they got the win! Doesn't letting a guest player come in and play such a role that she's taking the PK's undermine the actual team that you're coaching?

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 2:11 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:Hey, but at least they got the win!  Doesn't letting a guest player come in and play such a role that she's taking the PK's undermine the actual team that you're coaching?  
Nope makes them pick up their level of play. Makes them see how you should really play.

Seriously, not to regurgitate anything but be very careful to read much if anything in the last couple of weeks of results. I will say that i give TSC credit as where most other clubs are relaxed the ECNL tryout monster of TSC has kept their kids focused this last few weeks IMO

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Number6 Tue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

I hate when coaches do that. Bring in ringers, they take every free kick, pk and play a ton of minutes. It's different if they are just helping, but then the coach wants to win so much that it becomes play it to the good kid and get out of the way! Nice job coach!

Number6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

So, what happens when two mid level TSC teams play each other? Do they have to rock/paper/scissors for the top players from above? Do they draw numbers? Do they use coaching seniority? Arm wrestling?

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Number6 wrote:I hate when coaches do that. Bring in ringers, they take every free kick, pk and play a ton of minutes. It's different if they are just helping, but then the coach wants to win so much that it becomes play it to the good kid and get out of the way!  Nice job coach!
When you're the only game in town, you just have to swallow hard and like it.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 2:27 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:Hey, but at least they got the win!  Doesn't letting a guest player come in and play such a role that she's taking the PK's undermine the actual team that you're coaching?  
Nope makes them pick up their level of play.  Makes them see how you should really play.  

Seriously, not to regurgitate anything but be very careful to read much if anything in the last couple of weeks of results.   I will say that i give TSC credit as where most other clubs are relaxed the ECNL tryout monster of TSC has kept their kids focused this last few weeks IMO

Couldn't agree more. Both guest players were former "Winter" players (as is 3 that are currently on the Amos team). The level of play looked great.

And the PK, probably habit or instinct, she is one of the main ones that take the PKs on the Griffin team. She was close to the ball when the hand ball occurred. As a dad, I love that she wants that pressure / responsibility.

Guest players get a lot out of these games also... touches, stamina, pressure situations, teamwork, beating OFC, leadership, adversity, friendships, etc.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Tue May 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Haha. OFC's top team complaining about TSC's 3rd team adding 2 girls from TSC's top team. I wonder if all the Griffin parents would get their panties in a wad if the had to play OFC 04 Gold and they CPPed 2 girls from OFC's top team?

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 2:31 pm

No offense, this is probably akin to Clemson vs. Tar Heels. You kind of get back in the game with some good play to make it seem close then get blown out at the end. You throw a hail mary thinking you got a chance but it doesn't make it past the 20 yard line.

Don't think there is much to justify this as developmentally good for the Amos girls and my comments were sarcasm.

On to next season.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Tue May 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Wrong sport. Let's talk Final Four basketball...boomer?
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Tar Heel wrote:Let's talk Final Four basketball...boomer?
Wait, did the Tar Heels win the national title? I'm must have had too much sprite that night as i swore Villanova won. Anyway, you know what they say. "Second place is just the first loser" lol.

I have had an epiphany lately on that. After watching Spurs blow out the Thunder and then Warriors blow out the Thunder and Thunder turn and blow out the warriors its truly just one game.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Nope makes them pick up their level of play.  Makes them see how you should really play.  

Seriously, not to regurgitate anything but be very careful to read much if anything in the last couple of weeks of results.   I will say that i give TSC credit as where most other clubs are relaxed the ECNL tryout monster of TSC has kept their kids focused this last few weeks IMO

Couldn't agree more.  Both guest players were former "Winter" players (as is 3 that are currently on the Amos team).  The level of play looked great.  

And the PK, probably habit or instinct, she is one of the main ones that take the PKs on the Griffin team.  She was close to the ball when the hand ball occurred.  As a dad, I love that she wants that pressure / responsibility.

Guest players get a lot out of these games also... touches, stamina, pressure situations, teamwork, beating OFC, leadership, adversity, friendships, etc.    
I think he had his tongue planted firmly in cheek on the positives of the system to mock the abuse of the system by the large clubs.

"touches, stamina, pressure situations, leadership, etc." These are all things that the CPP program is supposed to instill on some of the players in your systems. Just not the ones that you're "developing". TSC is using the system to "develop" the star players. They're already developed. The role players and subs from Parker/Griffin/etc. should be the ones that they're using to CPP. That's not happening.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue May 24, 2016 2:44 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.  Both guest players were former "Winter" players (as is 3 that are currently on the Amos team).  The level of play looked great.  

And the PK, probably habit or instinct, she is one of the main ones that take the PKs on the Griffin team.  She was close to the ball when the hand ball occurred.  As a dad, I love that she wants that pressure / responsibility.

I think he had his tongue planted firmly in cheek on the positives of the system to mock the abuse of the system by the large clubs.

"touches, stamina, pressure situations, leadership, etc."  These are all things that the CPP program is supposed to instill on some of the players in your systems.  Just not the ones that you're "developing".  TSC is using the system to "develop" the star players.  They're already developed.  The role players and subs from Parker/Griffin/etc. should be the ones that they're using to CPP.  That's not happening.
BINGO we have a winner

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue May 24, 2016 2:47 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:

"touches, stamina, pressure situations, leadership, etc."  These are all things that the CPP program is supposed to instill on some of the players in your systems.  Just not the ones that you're "developing".  TSC is using the system to "develop" the star players.  They're already developed.  The role players and subs from Parker/Griffin/etc. should be the ones that they're using to CPP.  That's not happening.
BINGO we have a winner
Ironically, they're actually cheating the players that need to develop the leadership skills and performing under pressure.  There could be some Amos kid who is going to explode developmentally in the future who could have benefited from being the straw that stirred the drink on this team.  This player could develop into an excellent role player on a top team in the future.  Except that her confidence kept getting humbled when they brought in star players to take her role and make her only a situational leader. All at the expense of wins in OPL Silver in a season where promotion/relegation means jack squat.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next