Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
ECNL Combines! - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

ECNL Combines!

+14
Oakie75
nat
redcard
Rainbow
That Annoying Itch
The Soccer 1%
cosmos04
oksoccernut
ENERGYFC04
TSCSOCCERDAD
Tar Heel
Blameitontheref
Sally
Yellowcard
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ECNL Combines! - Page 4 Empty Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Well you will have to look at it from a different perspective... If there is a split of 02/03 on the team of say 8/8... That means the top 8 02s and top 8 03s aside from Age pure are what you have. Now the top 8 03s might not be or might be comparable to the next 11 02s that are on the SRPL team. It's debatable... And it will depend. Just because a player is picked for composite or age pure doesn't mean they or their parents want to do that.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 6:45 pm

I guess it depends on what their long term goal is... if they eventually want to make ECNL it seems like the composite team would be a good fit. The other ECNL coaches will be at many of your league games so they will be more familiar with how you are playing and the league games will be schedule with the ECNL games so if a player gets hurt/sick after the Sat game or for some reason does not show up for the weekend it is easy for the ECNL coach to pull over a player from the composite team because they are already at the same place. I do not know how much they will use it but I would think they could also switch a player that has been struggling and not getting much game time to the composite team and pull up someone that has shown they deserve a chance with the age pure ECNL team.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Thu May 12, 2016 6:47 pm

So do the composite teams have a chance to play in a league / regional / national championship, or are they simply there to fill in for the top ECNL team if needed? Having a hard time grasping the concept. Besides being a possible fill in for the top team, what else do they get to do?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 6:57 pm

I know they have their own league and will attend events... I do not know if there will be an end of year National Event for composite teams that they can play their way into.....

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Thu May 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Thanks Rainbow, that helps.

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Thu May 12, 2016 6:59 pm

There is no end of year National event for Composite teams.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 pm

But it does fit better in certain circumstances. If my oldest daughter would have made the 02 ECNL team, she likely would have been riding the bench a lot, whereas the composite team (fingers are crossed she makes that) would allow her tons of playing time (as she gets now on the Williams team).

I'll give up the end of season tournaments for the opportunity for her to earn her way on to the top ECNL team somewhere down the road, 3 practices a week, multiple coaches involved on game days, etc, etc.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Rainbow wrote:I guess it depends on what their long term goal is... if they eventually want to make ECNL it seems like the composite team would be a good fit.  The other ECNL coaches will be at many of your league games so they will be more familiar with how you are playing and the league games will be schedule with the ECNL games so if a player gets hurt/sick after the Sat game or for some reason does not show up for the weekend it is easy for the ECNL coach to pull over a player from the composite team because they are already at the same place.  I do not know how much they will use it but I would think they could also switch a player that has been struggling and not getting much game time to the composite team and pull up someone that has shown they deserve a chance with the age pure ECNL team.

Those are very true points!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 7:30 pm

Riddle me this. What happens with these long term goals when ECNL is fully attacked by USYS (starting fall 2017)? The attack is coming....

Not hating just curious of thoughts

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Thu May 12, 2016 7:34 pm

I think it's "game on." They're now talking about ECNL for boys.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 7:36 pm

If USYS puts its full weight to destroy the competition ECNL do you think USCLUB can withstand that attack. Financially USYS far outweighs club

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Thu May 12, 2016 7:44 pm

No idea. It could end up like the AFC vs NFC, with you guys being in the CFL. You're still playing the sport, just no one is watching. Wink JOKING!!!
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 7:56 pm

It will be interesting to watch.... Could be on the girls side that established ECNL clubs have an edge on getting many of the DA spots. DA groups players in 2 year groups so U18, U16 and maybe U14???? a few more players are pulled out of the general population.

So some clubs particularly those in the big markets could wind up with DA (top level), ECNL, ECNL composite and then SRPL, etc.... so if I am in OK and I am not DA or ECNL now I am really hosed because I am playing at the SRPL level unless I am on a special team that gets into the USYS National League (I think we sometimes have 1 - 2 OK teams in that) and that one would sit right under ECNL and before the composite league??????

The girls side seems to be really be meeting what college coaches want with ECNL. I would not based on recent results at the MNT or event the younger MNT U23 and younger that we are seeing a big improvement on the quality of player because of DA being around now for some time so if the purpose of DA is to help cultivate and identify those players I have wonder how well it has worked.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Tar Heel wrote:No idea.  It could end up like the AFC vs NFC, with you guys being in the CFL.  You're still playing the sport, just no one is watching. Wink   JOKING!!!

I don't care who you are! That was funny right there.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 8:14 pm

If USYS puts its full weight to destroy the competition ECNL do you think USCLUB can withstand that attack. Financially USYS far outweighs club

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Laughing
Tar Heel wrote:No idea.  It could end up like the AFC vs NFC, with you guys being in the CFL.  You're still playing the sport, just no one is watching. Wink   JOKING!!!
certain things you applaud. Go allouettes

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 8:17 pm

There where some big name girls clubs that left the USYS structure this last year. I know Top Hat out of GA is now in ECNL vs they use to place a team for every year possible in the USYS National League.... Did the Legends out of California also move??? They where another club that seemed to have a team in every USYS National age group.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 8:18 pm

It will be an interesting 3 - 4 years.... It was nice to see USYS and US Club and other all come together under USSF and agree on the birth year change and adopting common formats for set ages... but just as soon as that was done it seems like a big fight is happening over attracting as many players as possible.....

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Agree. At the end of the day money rules. I personally see ECNL becoming less prestigious as we know USYS goal is to eradicate it and my belief is they have the money and influence to accomplish that. I could see them telling clubs that if you want a DA team you must drop ECNL. We will most likely see a lot of this coming to fruition this winter

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Thu May 12, 2016 9:13 pm

So to me I dont see the need or the intrigue with the Composite team? The college coaches know that the girls on the composite teams arent as good as the true age. They wont waste their time watching a composite team over a true age team.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 9:26 pm

They will see the composite players over teams playing SRPL and lower. Plus one of the benefits is just being where they are at. I'm not saying ECNL is the only way I just think it is an easier way.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Oakie75 wrote:So to me I dont see the need or the intrigue with the Composite team?  The college coaches know that the girls on the composite teams arent as good as the true age.  They wont waste their time watching a composite team over a true age team.  

That's a bold statement... I wouldn't say the composite team players aren't as good. I would be willing to wager there will be an 03 or two or three that is just as good or better on the Composite team than what was picked for the TA 03 team... And remember that the Composite teams were created for those late in the year birthdays to have somewhere to play when the earlier in the year birthdays graduate...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Thu May 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Not a bold statement a true one. Ive already been told that if your ECNL team isnt competing well there are many games when no coaches show up at all. So if Im a coach I dont waste my time watching Composite teams. I agree that there will be girls on the composite that are just as good as age pure. SRPL has a national event that a lot of coaches attend. My daughter has received calls already from coaches who were at the SRPL events.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Fri May 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Are these composite teams simply a prelude to a full secondary ECNL league...an ECNL "B" league. I had heard that adding a second tier was in the works.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri May 13, 2016 2:27 pm

That's how I would look at it... it seems like USYS and US Club are coming up with whatever to include as many players as possible...if the composite thing works you have to wonder if they push those to pure age and have a full "B" league that is true age. Do they also push the age down again? Might be tough for a Tulsa based team but there are enough clubs in the bigger markets that they could just play between the ECNL clubs and keep the trips fairly short and in the younger ages with clubs maybe having 2 teams per age group it would increase the number of teams to create a league.

I believe USYS just increased the size of their National League... effectively watering it down (like ECNL is doing by adding more spots) and ECNL is adding a 2nd tier plus talking about adding a boys side.

This all seems like a rush to add as many players as possible.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next