Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Blitz having IRS troubles??? - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Blitz having IRS troubles???

+15
Roughneck04
El Tarjeta Rojo
Sally
bulldawgs
TSC04Dad
Rainbow
Goaliemom
Gatorade95
redcard
Number6
Oakie75
The Soccer 1%
TSCSOCCERDAD
ENERGYFC04
Yellowcard
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Blitz having IRS troubles??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Blitz having IRS troubles???

Post by ENERGYFC04 Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 pm

The Soccer 1% wrote:
05GKdad_Tulsa wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:Agree mostly.  And, a top team will roster 15-17 players.  Players 12-17 would be prime candidates to CPP so they can get some more game time.  A back up goalie would be a good example.  The CPP that I've seen is not that.  They're center mids or forwards or center backs and are strong players.  We use it but we bring up younger players to help fill in gaps that injuries have created.  

I agree that players 12-17 are the best ones to use that...not sure how that could be enforced.

And center mids, forwards, and center backs are the players that are hardest to find. OFC or TSC may only have 2 of each position in an age group; and most years they have 5-6 teams.
That's when you bring in a wing from team A to play center mid on team B to see how they handle it.  You don't just plop down a captain from Team A into Team B unless you're doing it for competitive purposes and not developmental purposes.

cheers Amen.

Playing down is a dangerous game. I believe its rarely truly used for developmental purposes and instead use for victories and promotion and/or to avoid regulation which in and of itself is shameful by the club and coach.

I'll use my DD as an example. She typically plays CM and has been getting a little time at FW. One time a few years ago (because of injuries) she was asked to play in a tournament with another team. They played her at CM. Did her absolutely NO good sense the other children weren't where she was as to understanding the game. Balls she played through no one went and got
and spacing was not what she was use to. Not an indictment on the other team but literally did her no good. Maybe if she had played some forward or something it would be cool as she probably could use some work on those skills but even then i'm not sure in the grand scheme of things how much any of this would have helped her developmentally.

That said, playing down rarely his helpful even if playing other positions. You can take a forward and make her a dominate defender on a lesser team or even vice versa. Sometimes you can suffer from fools gold which could be detrimental for the parent and kid.

Again, people want to argue the developmental point. Kids get better in practice. They get better in privates and working out. Part of the premise of the DA for those salivating over it is less games and more practice. Playing a weekend or two with another team does not equate to developing them as better players IMO.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5