Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

+7
cosmos04
Keeper
phil_weston
04eastside
SpeedKills
Gatorade95
05GKdad_Tulsa
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by Gatorade95 Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:05 pm

And the no heading rule is stupid for this age.  It may be good for 5-6 year olds.

The super copa was no heading and it was a disaster.  I have never seen more high kicks and flying shoulders in my life.  Lots of face balls too when the child remembers at the last minute they can't head.  Make sure you relay my message to your director friend.  Very Happy

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Distribution of boys teams currently u10-u12

Post by cosmos04 Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:11 pm

We emailed director and he got with osa and it was there decision so I am not suprised osa is incompetent as they have shown in the past with Opl placing and scheduling

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:22 pm

They need to update their current tournament rules listed on the website as it does not mention no heading currently.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpoor Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:36 pm

cosmos04 wrote:We emailed director and he got with osa and it was there decision so I am not suprised osa is incompetent as they have shown in the past with Opl placing and scheduling

The no heading for U11 (technically not U12) comes from US Soccer new  Player Development
Initiatives, August 2016 which read in part:

9v9
Concussion Initiative
Deliberate heading is not allowed in U11 games
If a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to
the opposing team from the spot of the offense
If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on
the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement
occurred
Heading is allowed in U12 games without limitations

So the new heading protocols comes from US Soccer not from OSA. You might want to take an opportunity to check them out. An interesting read and a number of changes from the past. They were recently issued and everyone is trying to figure out the best way to implement them. It will take a bit for it all to seem "normal."

soccerpoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ymca Bob and Kevin Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:44 pm

soccerpoor wrote:
cosmos04 wrote:We emailed director and he got with osa and it was there decision so I am not suprised osa is incompetent as they have shown in the past with Opl placing and scheduling

The no heading for U11 (technically not U12) comes from US Soccer new  Player Development
Initiatives, August 2016 which read in part:

9v9
Concussion Initiative
Deliberate heading is not allowed in U11 games
If a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to
the opposing team from the spot of the offense
If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on
the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement
occurred
Heading is allowed in U12 games without limitations

So the new heading protocols comes from US Soccer not from OSA. You might want to take an opportunity to check them out. An interesting read and a number of changes from the past. They were recently issued and everyone is trying to figure out the best way to implement them. It will take a bit for it all to seem "normal."

Andromeda Premier Cup last weekend allowed u11 to head the ball so it is still up to each club to decide what they're going to do. We emailed the Beat the Heat tournament director to ask him if it would be allowed in that tournament and he told us he called OSA and they informed him there wasn't suppose to be heading so that's what they're doing. It is still somewhat up to each club on what they're going to allow in their tournament though it seems.

Ymca Bob and Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by marshall777 Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Last spring, US Soccer said no heading U10 and younger, now it is not allowed at U11? At this pace the 2006 kids will never be able to head the ball!

marshall777

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpoor Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 pm

The initiatives weren't released until August 10, 2016 so the Andromeda Cup probably was not covered by the new protocols.  I imagine that there will be clubs that "choose" to do what they want on this, but from what I understand it is not really up to the Club on whether to follow the new initiatives immediately at least regarding the heading guidelines.
Here is the language regarding implementation of the new stuff.

Implementation
Timeline
All information about the concussion initiatives are implemented with immediate effect
Birth year registration and the small sided standards will be mandated in August 2017
•Some members have chosen to adopt earlier as a best practice and will begin
implementing in August 2016
•Please contact your local member for more information on implementation

soccerpoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Next there will be no slide tackling.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:50 pm

TSCH taking Blitz 3-0 in the finals.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by Ymca Bob and Kevin Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Gatorade95 wrote:TSCH taking Blitz 3-0 in the finals.
TSC was impressive. It's pretty obvious they are a little ahead of the others at this point in skill and in moving the ball around. They are impressive. I don't think the others are very far behind but it's obvious they are a little behind. Should be interesting to see where the teams stack up at the end of the year.

Ymca Bob and Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_weston Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:09 pm

phil_weston wrote:
They played each other 3 times I believe, and it was always a 1 point game. 06 Taylor will be the A team next year, and they ought to be very solid.

I'd like to go ahead and retract this after they were thrashed 10-2 by OFC 06 team.

phil_weston

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

phil_weston wrote:
phil_weston wrote:
They played each other 3 times I believe, and it was always a 1 point game. 06 Taylor will be the A team next year, and they ought to be very solid.

I'd like to go ahead and retract this after they were thrashed 10-2 by OFC 06 team.
it happens it will take a while to gel and get use to things

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Norman sucks OFC rules - said in my best Cartman voice

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Is the tsc Norman score correct

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_weston Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:58 pm

cosmos04 wrote:Is the tsc Norman score correct

That's interesting... Haven't been able to find out but it doesn't jibe with the other scores.

phil_weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum