Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
2004 True Age Landscape - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2004 True Age Landscape

+19
FootballDad05
Bundesliga
Keeper
oksoccer
The Soccer 1%
oksoccernut
Freight Train
sooner5
Tar Heel
t-town05
TSC010405
Rainbow
04eastside
redcard
Yellowcard
Oakie75
ENERGYFC04
918soccer
SSD2004
23 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

2004 True Age Landscape - Page 6 Empty Re: 2004 True Age Landscape

Post by BASoccer Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:18 pm

My daughter was playing for WSA before we moved her to TSC this year. Since we live in Broken Arrow, it's much more convenient for practices and games.

I think any family has a lot of factors to take into consideration when choosing a club. How good is the kid, what are their ambitions, the proximity to training facilities and games, cost of club and team travel, the desire to stay with a coach for a long time or get new exposure every few years, the coach and player pool, number of opportunities within the club, etc.

With the age change happening, there was a ton of uncertainty in her age group and what the teams were going to look like. At the end of the day, we thought TSC to be the most stable choice for our daughter in that we felt she would be on a decent team with good coaching. Every club and situation is different, and I think there were other options out there we could have pursued, and perhaps they would've turned out great, but my daughter is 15 and I didn't want to take any chances in hoping to find a great fit.

Even with amazing coaches, if you have a lot of kids that have commitments other than soccer, or if half the team holds the rest back developmentally because they aren't good enough, you're at a disadvantage if you want to see real progression in your child's game. That's where we were at.

In the same breath, having great players around you doesn't do much, for me at least, if the coach isn't any good. Also, the personality of a coach is a VERY BIG deal to me. The coach can have all the knowledge of the game in the world, but what good is it if he or she can't relate to my teenage daughter and everyone else on the team. I don't like unapproachable, cold coaches, or people who just want to berate a kid for every little thing. I always tell my kids, respect your coach and they should respect you. I put a lot of stock into a coach that can inspire a kid rather than put the fear of God in them every chance they get.

We wouldn't have gone to TSC if I didn't like the coach, regardless of their achievements. I found the best of both worlds I think. LOVE the coach: he is genuine, passionate, and knows the game. And we have more opportunities to train and guest play than anywhere else we could've went.

I believe it was the right move, for us, but I do think other clubs still have things to offer some families.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Big Red wrote:. OPL 1 will be TSC Parker, OFC, Blitz, South Lakes and TSC Carreno, but TSC Carreno to be replaced with TSC Griffin unless the posts on this forum are wrong.

I would assume TSC 04 Griffin will take the OPL gold spot they earned in the 03 age group.  So I'm guessing the 04 OPL gold will look like:

TSC 04 Parker
OFC 04
Blitz 04
Southlakes 04
TSC 05 Beattie

The one thing that may still be up in the air (I'm not sure) is that TSC is looking to pull their ECNL Jrs. out of OPL and put them in a Tx league.  Last I heard is that they were going to stick with OPL in fall and likely move in spring.  If they pull out now though, then that would open the door for TSC 04 Rhein, OFC 04 white or NYSA 04 to play gold.  I'm not sure how the parents feel about traveling to TX for league games at that age...especially with every team being completely different this fall.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Rico S, I can't speak for the other parents on Beattie 05 and I can not confirm or deny playing in OPL as I have not recieved official notice from the coach or manager but as far as TX league for jr ecnl I have been waiting for this for a while, not ecnl particularly but the uniting of players by strength to play stronger competition. On my DD's previous teams there were too many payers that either didn't like the position they played, or they just didn't leave it all on the field. This made for a very unbalanced and non-competitive team. So the fact that we have had tryouts and the fact my DD has players around her with these missing facets of play, desire and ability, make me look forward to the jr ECNL league.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:17 pm

With going to calender year OSA is letting each team pick their starting point in the fall. Whether it's OPL or OCL gold or silver.

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:21 am

sooner5 wrote:With going to calender year OSA is letting each team pick their starting point in the fall. Whether it's OPL or OCL gold or silver.

I can't imagine they are letting the teams pick their starting point... The way I understand is that each club will have a certain number of spots in each league based on how the teams ended last season. I also don't believe they will let teams start by playing up I.E. Griffin. That team made it were they were because of the team they HAD in the past they aren't the same team they were. Not to mention TSC isn't going to go for having an 04 team messing up the SRPL bid for the spring since they wouldn't be eligible anyway... I think all teams will start in their respective age group in the fall at least for one season to get a grip on what team is what etc...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:03 am

FALL 2016 COMPETITIVE
INFORMATION
SELF-SELECT
With the transition to birth year registration beginning with the Fall 2016 season, each competitive team can choose its OPL or OCL division for the Fall 2016 season. This self-selection method is being used due to the changes in the structure of many teams in this transitional season. This will allow the clubs to chose the “starting point” for each team under the new structure. The leagues will revert to the 2015/2016 format and promotion/relegation system at the conclusion of the Fall 2016 season (for U11- U14) and at the end of the Extended 2016/2017 season (for U15-U19).

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:06 am

Since it's went public here is the link.

http://www.oksoccer.com/assets/pdfs/OSA_Fall_2016_Competitive_Leagues_Information.pdf

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:32 am

sooner5 wrote:Since it's went public here is the link.

http://www.oksoccer.com/assets/pdfs/OSA_Fall_2016_Competitive_Leagues_Information.pdf

Thank you for the link.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:55 pm

I guess teams can self select to play up a year?

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:48 pm

I've been wrong before... It still comes down to where the Club places the teams. So it would seem that the Club could select one of their teams to play up if that fits their overall agenda. Each club will still want to be as competitive as they can be in each age bracket I would guess.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Yellow. I don't think they will allow it. Opens up a can of worms. That said, watching OSA make decisions is akin to watching Dumb and Dumber over and over. They can't get out of their own way. Sad part is, the employees there actually think they are smart.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:41 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:Yellow.  I don't think they will allow it.   Opens up a can of worms.  That said, watching OSA make decisions is akin to watching Dumb and Dumber over and over.   They can't get out of their own way.   Sad part is, the employees there actually think they are smart.  

I agree... I don't think they should allow it. I think every team should play in their own age bracket for league play and those teams that would like to play up should do it in tournaments etc. At least if every team plays their own age this first year it will really allow everyone to know where they are with respect to the age changes and their new teams. That's my opinion!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:Yellow.  I don't think they will allow it.   Opens up a can of worms.  That said, watching OSA make decisions is akin to watching Dumb and Dumber over and over.   They can't get out of their own way.   Sad part is, the employees there actually think they are smart.  

I agree...  I don't think they should allow it.  I think every team should play in their own age bracket for league play and those teams that would like to play up should do it in tournaments etc.  At least if every team plays their own age this first year it will really allow everyone to know where they are with respect to the age changes and their new teams.  That's my opinion!

BINGO!!! I agree 100%. Now that you have entered logic into the realm I suspect OSA will do the exact opposite and allow teams to play up. Laughing

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum