Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
03/02 Composite ECNL - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

03/02 Composite ECNL

+7
918soccer
Tar Heel
The Soccer 1%
Rico S
bird04
redcard
Yellowcard
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

03/02 Composite ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 03/02 Composite ECNL

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:My understanding is SRPL maintained some continuity rules (can't remember where i read that) whereas those rules are most likley out the door on an OPL level.  

Yes they did but that will only matter for 02s and older.  The 03s will do the same exact thing they did this past season with playing OPL in fall to determine SRPL in spring.  
Yes, that was my understanding as well. Just for more information SRPL is expanding and IMO OPL gold is worthless after U15.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Williams and Banham were both in OPL Gold last fall...  Richardson will get Williams spot and Banham will remain.  Griffin won the 03 silver bracket.  Pretty sure they will have to move back down to 04s.  Nobody should promote.  I would say Richardson, OFC, SLSC, fury, and Banham will be your OPL gold division come fall.  Does that make sense?

Again, I don't think any of this matters because ultimately I think they'll allow clubs to do placement themselves or broaden OPL1. However, I somewhat disagree Yellowcard, about Williams. Why would TSC give up SRPL spot in U15s (Williams), to have that team id go back down to OPL1 for u14s to get back to SRPL. The list of team qualifiers shows 1 TSC team in every age group starting at U15 and above in each division. With exception being u18s. TSC has 2 teams qualified for top SRPL division.

Do you think TSC would vacate the U15 srpl spot, the only one they have, to have 2 play in OPL1 to play back into SRPL for u14s?

Admittedly, you would know more about what TSC would do than I. Why vacate a spot in a league to earn a spot back in the same league? Thoughts?

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:39 pm

04eastside wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:Williams and Banham were both in OPL Gold last fall...  Richardson will get Williams spot and Banham will remain.  Griffin won the 03 silver bracket.  Pretty sure they will have to move back down to 04s.  Nobody should promote.  I would say Richardson, OFC, SLSC, fury, and Banham will be your OPL gold division come fall.  Does that make sense?

Again,  I don't think any of this matters because ultimately I think they'll allow clubs to do placement themselves or broaden OPL1.  However,  I somewhat disagree Yellowcard, about Williams.   Why would TSC give up SRPL spot in U15s (Williams), to have that team id go back down to OPL1 for u14s to get back to SRPL.  The  list of team qualifiers shows 1 TSC team in every age group starting at U15 and above in each division.   With exception being u18s.  TSC has 2 teams qualified for top SRPL division.

Do you think TSC would vacate the U15 srpl spot,  the only one they have,  to have 2 play in OPL1 to play back into SRPL for u14s?

Admittedly, you would know more about what TSC would do than I.  Why vacate a spot in a league to earn a spot back in the same league?  Thoughts?

They already have a u15 spot with Rhein. Richardson is taking a u14 team this year. The Williams team was u13 last year and they aren't going to have any continuity because all but a couple made ECNL or Composite.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:53 pm

Ok, gotcha. Didn't realize continuity was going to be issue for SRPL. It's not for OPL.

just FYI:

http://www.oksoccer.com/assets/pdfs/2016_Oklahoma_SRPL_Qualifiers.pdf

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:10 am

I have heard it both ways... I wouldn't worry too much about the names on the teams on that list. Just know that TSC has a spot in each age. They will change the names according to the age and the new coaches. I'm confident that Tina and Ken will both have the 03 teams and they will have to play in the fall to see if they make the spring SRPL league.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Here is your answer to composite. Their is no composite ECNL league.. Composite teams will play in this league.

"CHARLESTON, S.C. (June 28, 2016) - The United Soccer Clubs and Lake Highlands Girls Classic League have partnered to create the Texas Champions League, a top regional girls league that will join the NPL for the 2016-17 season. The Texas Champions League includes U-14 through U-18 clubs from south Texas, north Texas and Oklahoma.

Since its inception in fall 2015, the United Soccer Clubs has already doubled in size, hosted the first-ever LaLiga Formation Methodology course and sent players to id² Training Camps. The Texas Champions League represents a continued evolution of local to regional to national competition.

The Lake Highlands Girls Classic League is a coveted league in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and has traditionally been considered among the top girls leagues in the country, producing numerous collegiate and U.S. National Team players over the years.

The Texas Champions League is comprised of:

* Eight teams from Lake Highlands, five teams from ECNL clubs and three additional Lake Highlands qualifiers based on last year’s results
* Six teams from United Soccer Clubs, four teams from ECNL clubs and two additional United Soccer Clubs qualifiers based on last year’s results, plus Oklahoma FC and Tulsa SC

Sixteen teams make up each age group for a 15-game schedule. League winners qualify to the annual NPL Finals, which is the coveted destination for all NPL member leagues. There are additional national title qualification opportunities within the National Cup, US Club Soccer’s cup-based national championship series. US Club Soccer will also extend opportunities from its Player Development Program (PDP) and id² Program to the league.

“When clubs collaborate to make their competitive environment better, great things happen,” said Christian Lavers, US Club Soccer Executive Vice President and ECNL President. “We are excited to support these clubs as they further develop their league and its programs.”

“This is an exciting time for our league as we expand on our mission, now providing the most competitive playing environment for our players both locally and regionally,” said Stephanie Cherry, Lake Highlands Girls Classic League President. “We are looking forward to competing with the best from South Texas and Oklahoma.”

“United Soccer Clubs is excited about the opportunity to partner with arguably the strongest girls league in the country, Lake Highlands Girls Classic League, to form a regional platform that will the increase the opportunities for the players in Texas and Oklahoma to compete and develop,” said United Soccer Clubs President Pat O’Toole. “We have come a long way in a short period of time in developing a league that is 100 percent focused on the development of the players and the clubs they represent. We will continue to work with like-minded clubs, leagues and US Club Soccer to provide the best opportunities for the players and coaches in our league.”"

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:45 pm

I don't see "composite teams" mentioned anywhere in the release.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Their is no composite ECNL league. The NTX composite teams will play in this Champions League. If TSC is telling you different, run for the hills.

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Initially it was supposed to be composite ECNL but that didn't pan out on the ECNL side. However ECNL does have "composite events" and that is the other thing these TSC Composite teams will do. They will play Champions League which is going to fall under NPL for some events. Still going to be a great league and a step above SRPL in my opinion.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm wondering how these composite teams will stand up against age pure NTX teams. A team from OK split 02/03 playing an all 02 NTX Lake Highland team might be a little tough.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Or it might surprise us all... It's gonna be very interesting for sure.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:47 pm

So, am i reading the above correctly? This is just a continuation of the NPL league that various Oklahoma teams have been a part of for several years? Seems just a rebranding/repackaging of the product with a fancy new name.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:56 pm

I think its more than that... It should fall between SRPL and ECNL... Maybe its the beginning of the DA? The age brackets fall in line.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:04 pm

I think the composite approach got killed by the group that runs ECNL and given that several ECNL clubs in Texas and TSCH had started down this path this is an attempt by those clubs to save face with what they started.

The level of play should be better than what OPL offers and I agree it will probably be similar to SRPL. If it had been explained this way in April there might be some that would have not signed for the composite team and would have tried to play on an age pure team and play SRPL (this way you still get a chance to grow together as a team, participate in state cup and regionals etc....).

Stinks that it did not work out as sold but sometimes when you are pushing into new territory you step in it.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Agreed. It's a bummer it didn't work out as planned. The theory behind it was sound (same fields/venues as the ECNL teams, ability to call up girls to the true ECNL teams if needed, college coaches at the same fields already so they'll be easily available to "take a look" at the girls who didn't quite make the ECNL teams, etc...), but seems like it got squashed pretty quickly by ECNL. I suspect that next year, SRPL will be the beneficiary. Doubt very highly that these teams are going to slide into any DA slots, if that becomes available.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 pm

I think when the composite teams play other ECNL composite teams that some of those games will be schedule at the same time as the ECNL games (college coaches lightly attend these anyways... the coaches show up for the national events). The composite event last year looks like it had about 100 registered coaches (there are always coaches there that do not register) so about 1/3rd of what shows up for the regular ECNL events. I did not look to see how many are multiple coaches from the same school. Still 100+ coaches at an event is a solid turnout and that was there first attempt with the composite event.

The option of getting pulled up to ECNL still exists. What sucks is part of the pitch was that the ECNL coaches would be at games and now that will be less likely so the opportunity to get pulled up is not as good.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Rainbow wrote:I think the composite approach got killed by the group that runs ECNL and given that several ECNL clubs in Texas and TSCH had started down this path this is an attempt by those clubs to save face with what they started.

The level of play should be better than what OPL offers and I agree it will probably be similar to SRPL.  If it had been explained this way in April there might be some that would have not signed for the composite team and would have tried to play on an age pure team and play SRPL (this way you still get a chance to grow together as a team, participate in state cup and regionals etc....).

Stinks that it did not work out as sold but sometimes when you are pushing into new territory you step in it.

Unless it changes this year , which it very well could, NPL in general does not have the same quality trams as SRPL. Most clubs put there 2nd teams in NPL and their top team, if they did not qualify for SRPL. Again, with all the changes with pure age, it might be different this year.

For the kids that signed up for comp teams, I hope this years different and it is similar to what your assuming. I think it will be what it's always been. An opportunity for development in game play.

Keep in mind, NOONE on this forum even cared to talk about NPL until composite teams got stuck, not placed, but stuck in it. Not going as far to say it's a bad league, good for touches and development.

But it's FAR from ECNL and less than SRPL when your talking about quality of teams.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Well I guess it depends on if you believe that the other ECNL composite teams that NTX also formed will help bring up the level of play and the league is supposed to be more selective on accepted teams than the current NPL that was offered for this area has been historically. We will just have to wait and see how that plays out.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:29 pm

Will the ECNL clubs then only fill slots for U15 & U17 ?

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Rainbow wrote:Well I guess it depends on if you believe that the other ECNL composite teams that NTX also formed will help bring up the level of play and the league is supposed to be more selective on accepted teams than the current NPL that was offered for this area has been historically.  We will just have to wait and see how that plays out.  

Your right "if you believe." Why would you though? The comp team shouldn't even be in this position to even be thinking about the level of play. It was all sanctioned by ECNL. Well people believed it was.

As far as being more selective, that's not believable either. NPL is already a smaller league competing with ECNL and SRPL for teams. Doubt they'll be MORE selective at this point.

As far as comp teams raising level of play of other teams. That is believable. Although it's allways been argued on this forum, if your daughter is good enough, she NEEDS to play ECNL because of the level of competition. Now the argument is, our comp teams can possibly raise the level of everyone else. So do I need to be in a league with high level teams or just be a good team and raise everyone elses level of play in any league? Not saying I agree either way, just funny to me to make both sides of the argument.

Just think this stuff through. Either parents/players were lied to from the get go, for whatever reasons. OR. They honestly thought it would be sanctioned but it didn't happen and now something was put together very quickly for these teams to play. Only Lil over month ago these were sanctioned, according to your club when you were trying out for the team.

How often does something based on a lie work? How often is something done in haste work? As the cliche goes, anything is possible. And like you said, just will wait and see. And i will stop typing on this subject. I'll even acknowledge now, none of what I've stated above matters, just not believable.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:07 pm

I have a pretty good suspicion based on this that the Texas Champions League is going to be competitive. Not to mention looking at the way the teams were built our composite teams were built to compete!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I have a pretty good suspicion based on this that the Texas Champions League is going to be competitive.  Not to mention looking at the way the teams were built our composite teams were built to compete

I'm sure they are very good teams.  But I wonder what the teams would looked like if instead of TSC telling parents they were trying out for ECNL Composite teams, TSC told them they were trying out for NPL Texas Champions league teams.  You don't have to answer, I know the answer. Very Happy

Whether it was TSC and N Texas ECNL clubs, or ECNL, someone screwed up royally.... but I am confident the mad scramble to make something work and spin it in the best possible light will continue without an ounce of humility from the Club or ECNL.  

Also still looking for thoughts how this league will handle the composite teams.  Seems like it wouldn't work so well have a U14-U18 league where 1/2 of the participants are only entering teams in a couple of age groups.

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 pm

One point I will mention is that TSC didn't know at the time that it wasn't going to work out that way... Every other ECNL club in the Texas Conference held the same tryouts at the same times and labeled them the same thing. (Looked on their websites). So it's not a TSC thing... I still think everyone is happy where they ended up.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 am

The Composite program has turned out much stronger than some realize. They practice with ECNL teams, scrimmage them frequently, co-train with ECNL coaches and play along side ECNL teams at ECNL events. Some Composite players have already been added to ECNL rosters and Composite players and parents have been very impressed overall. I think the only people talking smack about it just don't know how strong the Composite program has become and how interconnected it is with ECNL.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3