Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
05's Represent ODP in College Station Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

05's Represent ODP in College Station

+2
Gatorade95
NeverPlayedSoccer
6 posters

Go down

05's Represent ODP in College Station Empty 05's Represent ODP in College Station

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:17 am

Oklahoma put 3 different teams together to compete in the Friendlies in College Station this past weekend. I felt like Oklahoma represented well considering the shortened practice time together because of the weather leading up to the Friendlies. I know in years past, OK was just a punching bag for most of the TX teams, that was not the case this year. Any of you make it down there have anything to add?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

05's Represent ODP in College Station Empty Re: 05's Represent ODP in College Station

Post by Gatorade95 Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:58 pm

The 05s were mainly OFC kids with a couple of Blitz kids. TSCH frowns on their kids trying out for ODP for some reason. We could have really strong teams if everyone could get on the same page. That being said, Texas did not have there top players down there. Top players from FC Dallas and Solar were not there. Also the Houston Dynamo sent youth teams but each team was playing up an age division so our 05s played the Dynamo 06 team and spanked them. Don't want to take away from what the boys accomplished and they should be proud. Good job!

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

05's Represent ODP in College Station Empty Re: 05's Represent ODP in College Station

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Anyone ever call you captain positive? lol

I know ODP doesn't send the best kids in the state. It never has and probably never will because TSC and OFC can't get along for some stupid reason. Here is an idea, put pride aside and lets do what's best for the kids. LOL. I know it's a novel concept. All that being said, it was nice to go down there and be the one running up the score instead of the other way around. Beating N TX Girls 6-1 was something ODP hasn't seen in a long time if ever.

What is the deal with TSC and OFC not getting along? Am I the only one that is bothered by this?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:09 pm

TSC doesn't care if you play ODP or not... Most people don't do it because it's a waste of time for the kids on the top teams... and it's not organized very well. At least that's what I have heard from most of the people that have done it and what I saw first hand when we did it.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 pm

The difference from last year to this year was night and day. Not sure it's a waste of time getting coached by a college coach whose club team's nearly entire roster signs LOI to play college soccer. I would like to see more interaction between TSC and OFC at the top level but I guess I'm the only one. I know for the 05's in the first 2 years of club soccer the #1's from TSC and OFC have played 3 times and that's it. Now TSC goes to ECNL and we will not play them unless a tournament from now until we graduate. That makes zero sense to me...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:21 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:The difference from last year to this year was night and day.  Not sure it's a waste of time getting coached by a college coach whose club team's nearly entire roster signs LOI to play college soccer.  I would like to see more interaction between TSC and OFC at the top level but I guess I'm the only one.  I know for the 05's in the first 2 years of club soccer the #1's from TSC and OFC have played 3 times and that's it.  Now TSC goes to ECNL and we will not play them unless a tournament from now until we graduate.  That makes zero sense to me...

It is all about the money. I agree it is stupid.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:20 pm

I thought ECNL was the most expensive thing out there? Or were you just saying ODP on top of ECNL was too much?

Coming from someone who moved into OK, it looks like you have TSC on the east that thinks they are the best, and OFC on the west that is sort of jealous in a lot of ways wanting a shot at being the best. The frustrating thing is that the two clubs cannot seemingly get along. I know each team/yr is going to be different but there are several team/yr that OFC and TSC can stand toe to toe on and face great competition without spending tons of $ traveling to other states.

I think last year TSC and OFC both had 33 on signing day. This year TSC had 32 and OFC had 28. All I am saying is that I think pride, on both sides, is getting in the way of what is best for our kids. That is a ton of college level talent right here in our state that don't face each other all that much because one is ECNL and the other SRPL.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:25 pm

ECNL is pay to play and you pay a lot.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Gatorade95 wrote:ECNL is pay to play and you pay a lot.

Do you have first hand experience with having a child in ECNL? It's all pay to play and the more you do the more you pay... That's just the way works.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:36 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:I thought ECNL was the most expensive thing out there?  Or were you just saying ODP on top of ECNL was too much?  

Coming from someone who moved into OK, it looks like you have TSC on the east that thinks they are the best, and OFC on the west that is sort of jealous in a lot of ways wanting a shot at being the best.  The frustrating thing is that the two clubs cannot seemingly get along.  I know each team/yr is going to be different but there are several team/yr that OFC and TSC can stand toe to toe on and face great competition without spending tons of $ traveling to other states.  

I think last year TSC and OFC both had 33 on signing day.  This year TSC had 32 and OFC had 28.  All I am saying is that I think pride, on both sides, is getting in the way of what is best for our kids.  That is a ton of college level talent right here in our state that don't face each other all that much because one is ECNL and the other SRPL.

Look at the schools that the kids are signing? Are they D1 vs Juco? I don't know but that's a question I might ask... TSC also has SRPL as well. In reality I would say that OFC typically doesn't compete with TSC's first teams but seems like a better fit against the second teams... As for the spending money traveling to other states comment, I would say playing the same old OK teams all the time would get stagnant and you wouldn't be playing to the full potential. TSC is part of the Texas League in ECNL which happens to have the best teams in the Nation more often than not. Playing against the best will make you better. IMO.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by P002130 Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:41 pm

My DD plays SRPL and OK teams plays North Texas and South Texas. Oklahoma never plays Oklahoma teams. Just like North Texas does not play North Texas teams. So it seems to me the top couple of teams at each respective club will probably very rarely play each other. But, SRPL teams are still able to play in State Cup.

P002130

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:14 pm

yellowcard, you say typically that OFC doesn't compete with TSC's first teams but feels like a better fit against the second teams...I think most of TSC claims this but I wonder why? The first teams never face each other. Use my 05 girls as an example. Last year both #1's played up 11v11 and faced each other twice. We split, each winning our home games. Then TSC disappeared in the spring and we won state but all TSC people just say their 1st team wasn't there. Then this year we played once in Tulsa over fall break 9v9. We were missing our keeper and had one sub and TSC won. And that's it. They won't play spring with us, won't play state cup and that's it. We won't ever face them again unless in a tournament. So how anyone can make the claim that TSC's #1's are always better than OFC's #1's is kind of a stretch. All I am saying is why not set up some friendlies, scrimmages, something? We are in the same state and both clubs put out a ton of college talent so why not face each other? Instead of just speculating and guessing who is better, play on the field and find out...You are telling me the clubs couldn't work out a home and home friendly between the two #1's of that age in the course of a fall and spring season?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 am

I think there's a misconception that ECNL is a lot more expensive than other leagues in Oklahoma and that has not been my experience. 05 Beattie's dues are exactly the same this season playing JR ECNL and 3 tournaments as it was last season playing OPL and 3 tournaments. 03 ECNL dues are actually a little less than 05 Beattie. Travel expenses can add up but because ECNL gets such a large group discount, room rates are surprisingly low. I second yellowcard's suggestion that all competitive soccer is pay to play, not just ECNL. Watching our kids play is worth every penny if you ask me. It goes by too fast.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:05 pm

P002130 wrote:My DD plays SRPL and OK teams plays North Texas and South Texas. Oklahoma never plays Oklahoma teams. Just like North Texas does not play North Texas teams.  So it seems to me the top couple of teams at each respective club will probably very rarely play each other. But, SRPL teams are still able to play in State Cup.

Maybe in your age group... Most age groups have 4 SRPL teams from OK and yes those teams definitely play each other. So do the NTX teams. I can't tell you why yours is different but you can clearly look at each age groups schedule and see they play other OK teams in league play.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:yellowcard,  you say typically that OFC doesn't compete with TSC's first teams but feels like a better fit against the second teams...I think most of TSC claims this but I wonder why?  The first teams never face each other.  Use my 05 girls as an example.  Last year both #1's played up 11v11 and faced each other twice.  We split, each winning our home games.  Then TSC disappeared in the spring and we won state but all TSC people just say their 1st team wasn't there.  Then this year we played once in Tulsa over fall break 9v9. We were missing our keeper and had one sub and TSC won.  And that's it.  They won't play spring with us, won't play state cup and that's it.  We won't ever face them again unless in a tournament.  So how anyone can make the claim that TSC's #1's are always better than OFC's #1's is kind of a stretch.  All I am saying is why not set up some friendlies, scrimmages, something?  We are in the same state and both clubs put out a ton of college talent so why not face each other?  Instead of just speculating and guessing who is better, play on the field and find out...You are telling me the clubs couldn't work out a home and home friendly between the two #1's of that age in the course of a fall and spring season?

I'm not saying they can't... I am saying in general that has been the case through the years and in most age groups. Maybe it's more of a need for OFC to have the friendly than it is for TSC? The 04 age group is no match, the 03 age group would be no match, 02's and so on... There is actual proof to back it up.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by P002130 Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Ok, 04 and 03 teams don't play other instate teams. In the SRPL league. That better?

P002130

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:06 pm

P002130 wrote:Ok, 04 and 03 teams don't play other instate teams. In the SRPL league. That better?

Wrong again... look at the schedule. All in state teams play each other.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:35 pm

The 05's were pretty close last season. I don't think any of us at TSCH think we are the best in the state....yet. Just that 9v9 was not the best for our particular girls. Our girls play much better 11v11 as shown by going down to Texas, and 9v9 seemed to bore them a bit. I don't know why we couldn't have some scrimmages? That's up to the coaches though.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by P002130 Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:10 pm

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/926/15/2017.Scheudle.Spring.WEST_.pdf

This is the schedule we are going by. No where on there do I see Oklahoma v. Oklahoma teams. The reason for this is because it is just the spring season and not the extended season format.

P002130

Back to top Go down

Post by P002130 Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:22 pm

I stand corrected yellowcard.. my bad. I guess I should just check teamsnap.

P002130

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 pm

P002130 wrote:https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/926/15/2017.Scheudle.Spring.WEST_.pdf

This is the schedule we are going by. No where on there do I see Oklahoma v. Oklahoma teams. The reason for this is because it is just the spring season and not the extended season format.

Here is your actual schedule... http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?EventID=56682 That other thing is just event dates and not really an accurate schedule... No worries. I don't usually make stuff up or give inaccurate info. Also, we have already been through SRPL in the past. Good luck out there!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:34 pm

P002130 wrote:I stand corrected yellowcard.. my bad. I guess I should just check teamsnap.

It's all good... SRPL website has always been hard to navigate.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down