Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Well said! Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Well said!

2 posters

Go down

Well said! Empty Well said!

Post by 918soccer Sat May 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Like this post from the NTX forum...
------------------------------------
I don't post much here anymore.  Unfortunately, this is site too often turns into directions that would have made the old Turfmonster site proud.  Lots of personality and shtick that would not exist if this were face to face.

So many here have a need to convince everyone else what is right for them.  The only decision that any of us should be worried about is what is right for US.

My daughter played for a big 4 club in Lake Highlands, ECNL (both when it was only showcase event driven, and later when it became a separate league), and Division I college soccer.  We certainly didn't spend $15K/year at any time but if that's what it would have cost, and I could afford it, I'd spend that much or more.

She wanted to play in college, but never had any aspiration to play professional or WNT soccer.

Soccer was very important to my daughter from the first time she touched a soccer ball.  Once that happened, you couldn't keep her away from one.  I never saw her any happier than she was when she played soccer.  She loved her teammates.  She has graduated from college now, but some of those players she played with at U-11, 12, and so on are still among her best friends.  To be sure, she loved winning, but with only a few exceptions, the losing wasn't that big a deal.  She was playing the game she loved.  Travelling wasn't always about seeking the better competition.  Hell, she just loved being with the team.

To be completely truthful, this wasn't entirely about my daughter.  I had a blast, and I miss watching her play in the worst way.  Personally, I don't care if the US is on our way to creating the next monster WNT.  Our family was blessed to be able to make virtually all of her games all the way through her career from Rec to College.  NOTHING made me any happier than watching her play.  But it all ends far too soon.  I certainly wasn't ready for it to end.

Her scholarship paid for the vast majority of her college.  She graduated without owing a single $ in student loans.  But make no mistake:  Even if it hadn't, and if I could afford it, I'd do it all over again.  

Individually, we have to make the most intelligent decisions about where to play, who to choose for a coach, what level to play, and of course how much you can afford.  Whether its the right direction to find next National Team player or not is way down the list compared to what is right for our own kid.  Spending a bunch of time trying to convince someone else what is right for their kid is pretty much a waste of time.  

Just my 2¢ worth!

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Well said! Empty Re: Well said!

Post by Celtic05Dad Sat May 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Yep

Celtic05Dad

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum