Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Fall 2017  Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fall 2017

+2
FootballDad05
NeverPlayedSoccer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall 2017  Empty Fall 2017

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm

So what will the fall look like in Oklahoma? OEFC 05 Girls Central (formerly known as OFC 05) will be playing OPL Gold and Super Y in the fall. Any TSC parents out there know if you guys will be playing in the Super Y? Their website announced that TSC joined and will be part of the new Mid-South Region which is what we will be in. But I also thought TSC was hooked up with NPL stuff too and of course ECNL. That is a lot of leagues for one team! lol I am pretty sure Blitz which will be the new OEFC 05 Girls East will play OPL gold in the fall, but what else? Norman, Southlakes...what are you guys doing? Anyone know tournaments you are playing that we might get to face each other? Just finished camp and tryouts so we are ready to go! Second teams are now called "Green." I think we are doing 3 tournaments. One in the fall and two in the spring and SRPL in the spring as well. Not sure if Super Y has a spring league or not.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Fall 2017  Empty Re: Fall 2017

Post by FootballDad05 Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:57 am

I think the question NeverPlayed is what OPL Gold will mean with just OEFC, Blitz, and Canadian Valley and the rest of the 30% that are not joining OPC. From what i understand at TSC for the 05's the 1st team will play ECNL, 2nd team Red River NPL, 3rd team OPC, and 3rd and/or 4th playing Super Y.

Also Neverplayed, noticed a new ok soccer forum starting up called oklahomaselectsoccer.com lots cleaner i get lost in all these outdated threads on here. Check it out.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:08 am

No question when it comes to OPL gold in the fall. We all know what it's going to be like. Are you sure about the TSC 05's? Their second team didn't even qualify for gold this spring. So they will be adding to their roster since we are going to 11's and facing Red River NPL talent? Norman beat the TSC 1st team in the fall and will be facing their third team in OPC? I can't imagine us facing the TSC 4th team in Super Y? Are u sure about where these teams are playing? Will they be guest passing a bunch of players? They don't seem to line up with the competition levels...

Thanks for the heads up, I will check that other board...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am

This is what i was told it would shake out as. Yes 05 Beattie only lost to Celtic in Fall OPL. Since then they have pretty much won everything they have entered. The first team will only play ECNL so best you guys would see the second team but most likely it will be the third in Super Y if the club does it for the 05 age group

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic05Dad Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:29 am

My understanding is that we will play in the Red River NPL.

Celtic05Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:31 am

That's what I was wondering about TSC. I knew their first team was going ECNL so that left a huge question given how the rest of the 05's shook out this season. If they play at the levels you suggested, no offense, but it's going to be a beatdown for every team that isn't the first team. Just seems like they are spread way to thin and have committed to play in leagues at a certain level that doesn't match up with what they have. I can't speak to the other ages, I just know what I have seen in the 05's. If their first team couldn't beat Norman, what is their third team going to do in OCL vs Norman?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:33 am

Celtic, are you guys playing Red River NPL and OCL?

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic05Dad Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:39 am

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:Celtic, are you guys playing Red River NPL and OCL?

Not 100% sure. Find out for sure next week.

Celtic05Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:12 pm

But OFC beat Norman and lost to Blitz and TSC Beattie beat all others by greater margins than OFC so that loss to Norman is not as significant to us at least. As for the new teams after tryouts the new season will tell.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:30 pm

All Celtic's first teams will play in the NPL Red River league. All the other teams will play in OPC.

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:27 pm

OFC did not lose to Blitz.

I typed and re-typed probably 4 different replies but they all just came out snarky so I am keeping it simple. lol. I will say that margins should not mean anything if coaches are coaching to develop rather than win.

So if Norman's first team isn't playing OPC it shows me the level of play at OPC level. So I am going to laugh out loud when people bring up OPL level of play...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:03 am

Sorry NeverPlayed you tied Blitz 4-4 and lost to Beattie05. Margins are a good evaluator. No need to be snarky we are parents of kids who play a game.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:13 am

Hey NeverPlayed i noticed both TSCH and OFC(EOFC) are not listed Clubs to play in the Super Y league,are you sure you all playing next year.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 am

I agree margins are a good evaluator, if both teams are trying to do the same thing. If one is coaching to win and one is coaching to develop, then you have to throw the margin out the window. When coaches are running shadow players in 9v9, it's clear what their goal is. The Beattie05 game was played on fall break weekend when we were missing 3 players. We brought up our 3rd team keeper and had no subs, so that margin means nothing to anyone. Last year we faced the TSC first team twice and split with them. TSC's first team is not as great as everyone thinks they are. They are beatable by OK clubs within their own age group. They are not superhuman. I've heard from multiple people that have friends in Tulsa that have said there has been turmoil with the Beatie 05 group and it's blown up a little bit. Any truth to those rumors?

Super Y doesn't have any of their fall schedules posted. If you go back and look at their announcements they are forming a new Mid-South division. OEFC and TSC will be members this fall along with clubs from the north part of TX.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

We don't use a shadow player. What do you mean by this? TSC is about development as should be noticed by style of play as i believe Energy has previously posted. TSC does not play a boot the ball style as has been so frequently commented about OFC(EOFC). Which style wins will be determined on game day. I understand you were short but that is the game. We had a player who was injured as well. As for Fall break now who is going to say OSA set that game up and break or not we showed up to play.
As far as drama there is always so much parent drama it never ends on any team and Club. Any team is beatable given the right conditions we have never said this team is Gods gift to humanity, lol. Its a bunch of 11-12 year olds. As far as blowing up our core girls all remain and we have added. They have a great time and thats all that really matters at this age.
As far as Super Y i just didnt see OFC or TSC on listed clubs participating.

Come over to oklahomaselectsoccer.com be more than happy to talk to you more, you have a great team and we at Beattie05 or TSC are not denying that fact, a game was played.

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:11 am

My point is that if a coach is coaching to develop a 12 year old, you shouldn't be blowing everyone out. Margins shouldn't be that high. Our coaches use games like that to develop skills. So many touches before anyone can shoot, letting the keeper play other positions, moving the girls around to let them play other positions, or forwards can't shoot. If all you're doing is trying to score, it's easy to run up scores in OK. Margins are not always a good evaluator. Again, I can't speak to clubs as a whole, I'm talking about 05's and what I've seen playing 1st team club level the last two seasons. I doubt there are many coaches around like ours to be completely honest with you, even within our own club...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballDad05 Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:26 am

NeverPlayed, In that vein then an 11-0 thumping of Sheffield is okay for development and 10-0 over Clinton as long as they move players around in unfamiliar roles, TSC does that already its part of normal soccer player development, nothing special. What i want to know is what a shadow player is. You have used that term in several posts about Beattie05. And which player # was it that played that role? Just trying to understand. I don't know your Coach so i have no comment on his ability to develop players overall. Our keeper loves to score goals :-)

FootballDad05

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:29 am

[quote="NeverPlayedSoccer"] I've heard from multiple people that have friends in Tulsa that have said there has been turmoil with the Beatie 05 group and it's blown up a little bit.  Any truth to those rumors?

We have zero turmoil on 05 Beattie. Players get along great, love the coach, don't have parent drama, and everyone is excited for the upcoming ECNL season. The team is playing very well and we couldn't be happier with our progress. During our scrimmage against 04 Griffin last week, we quickly jumped out to a 3-1 lead, which gives you an idea how well we are playing since Griffin is currently the 8th best 04 team in the country. Life is all good with this group.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:53 pm

[quote="NeverPlayedSoccer"]OFC did not lose to Blitz.  

I typed and re-typed probably 4 different replies but they all just came out snarky so I am keeping it simple.  lol.  I will say that margins should not mean anything if coaches are coaching to develop rather than win.  

So if Norman's first team isn't playing OPC it shows me the level of play at OPC level.  So I am going to laugh out loud when people bring up OPL level of play...[/quote

That makes zero sense... Its the same as the OSA teams playing in SRPL as opposed to OPL... NPL vs OPC... So if OFC teams aren't playing in OPL then that shows me the level of play and I'm gonna laugh out loud... Nice try though... I invite you to keep trying though!

Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:56 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:My point is that if a coach is coaching to develop a 12 year old, you shouldn't be blowing everyone out.  Margins shouldn't be that high.  Our coaches use games like that to develop skills.  So many touches before anyone can shoot, letting the keeper play other positions, moving the girls around to let them play other positions, or forwards can't shoot.  If all you're doing is trying to score, it's easy to run up scores in OK.  Margins are not always a good evaluator.  Again, I can't speak to clubs as a whole, I'm talking about 05's and what I've seen playing 1st team club level the last two seasons.  I doubt there are many coaches around like ours to be completely honest with you, even within our own club...

Re: Fall 2017
Post by NeverPlayedSoccer on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:48 pm

I agree margins are a good evaluator

So which is it???  They are a good evaluator or they aren't?  You come to play and you need to bring it.  Or keep contradicting yourself and it makes it easy to prove that you know nothing...  Keep trying...  Oh it's painful to watch how much butthurt you have.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:39 pm

They are a good evaluator when it's apples to apples. When both teams are playing to win and are fully staffed and it is a fair match. Margins can be very misleading if you use them without having all the facts. Different coaches are trying to accomplish different things at different times of the year. Some coaches are about development and coach that way. Some coaches are about winning.

Stop with the butthurt comments, you are just embarrassing yourself.

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 pm

LOL

love how you quoted me out of context...do you work at CNN?...LOL I literally said...

I agree margins are a good evaluator, if both teams are trying to do the same thing.

How in the world is that contradictory? Do you understand the definition of contradictory? LOL

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Yellow,

And the whole OPC / OPL thing...You just laid out the logical argument that the better teams won't be playing in the OPC...just like if they stayed in OSA they wouldn't be playing OPL. So I don't want to hear about the level of OPL. It's going to be the same level as OPC. All the better teams will be playing in other leagues. Which is exactly why the whole move to begin with doesn't make sense. Good teams will face good teams and average teams will face average teams. The move accomplished nothing but power and pride and probably made someone with TSC a lot of money. Who got the contract to organize the league? All the money that would go to OSA went in somebody's pocket. Isn't that weird...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:52 pm

I used to enjoy this board. But people like Yellowcard that want to make personal attacks just don't make it worth it. Ya'll have fun. This isn't worth my time. Good luck to you all!

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:47 pm

NeverPlayedSoccer wrote:I used to enjoy this board.  But people like Yellowcard that want to make personal attacks just don't make it worth it.  Ya'll have fun.  This isn't worth my time.  Good luck to you all!

HAHA! LOL Bye Felicia...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum