Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year? Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year?

+11
04eastside
my_2_cents
cosmos04
Sparky
OFC04DAD
yoyokix
GrandOKSoccer
Blameitontheref
soccerschmuck
bird04
archer
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year? Empty Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year?

Post by archer Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Board has gotten kind of sleepy lately. So I thought we could get some activity going with a few questions. please respond if you have heard of someone on your team leaving to go to a new team. If you know someone is going to another team If you know someone is coming to your team or if your DD is going to another team. next year. This might get interesting. Let the rumor mill begin.

archer

Back to top Go down

Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year? Empty Re: Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year?

Post by bird04 Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:54 pm

I hear strong rumors out TSC way of significant movement, and I suspect there would be a huge reshuffling if rumored coaching change(s) occur.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year? Empty Re: Any 04 girls thinking of defecting next year?

Post by soccerschmuck Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:02 pm

I have heard that TSC will actually form a true first team in the 04 age group with coach to be determined (and if they do this they will for sure have best team in state, no doubt).

I have also heard some rumors from the westside that top Cosmo girls and the Norman girls playing up in 03 are thinking about jumping to OFC (which would then make them clear 2nd to TSC and far above 3rd team Blitz).

I also heard that there were some Winters girls playing with Blitz in Texas last weekend so might be some changes there as well.

Anyone confirm any of this?????

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:14 pm

About what I've heard. Would disagree with regard to TSC not currently having a "true first team", but if you combined the top 4 or so off of Winters with Kitterman's team, you would definitely have a "'truer' first team"! Wink 
Pretty much everything you are saying is what is running around the rumor mill right now...Bet we know in the next 2 months....
Don't know about the rest such as OFC or Blitz...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Blameitontheref Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:10 pm

It would be interesting to see how many, if any, would show up from Blitz or elsewhere if TSC decided to pool Kitterman and Winters and Amos, etc. and do a true tryout, forming the core of the future ECNL team. There are probably some good girls out there in other clubs biding their time planning on doing ecnl but not wanting to be on any of the current TSC teams.

Blameitontheref

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:25 am

It would, indeed! Hopefully all the best girls end up on the ECNL team down the road...it would be killer! And the sooner they start to play together, the better as they would then have 2 years to "gel" and act as a cohesive unit before ECNL play actually starts....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandOKSoccer Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 am

The top girls at this age won't be the top girls by ECNL age. But having the top girls combined into one team sooner than later will help in competing against top NTX teams. The rest will all play out over the next few years, and I would expect up to 30% of roster to shuffle.

GrandOKSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:09 am

Very possibly true, but also very possibly not. The question is, do you want to position your daughter to be in the best place to take advantage of opportunities that will come her way more easily, if she is ready, by being on the "pre-ECNL" team when the "decision" is made? BS, overall, I know, but just kinda the way it works. IMHO

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Curious to know: what type of scholarships are TSC ECNL players being offered (full, partial, etc) and to which schools? I believe some Blitz and OFC players get college offers as well, so just curious if the ECNL group gets a higher percentage of girls offered scholarships to better programs (division 1 schools as opposed to 2 or 3) and more money?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:30 pm

I've seen numbers of 9/10 go on to play college, but don't know if that's propaganda or not! Maybe it's get offers...I think it's on the ECNL website. I do know that alot of D1 coaches only go to ECNL or mostly ECNL events to scout. Have heard that from multiple parents that have been through it. Definitely a much higher profile to get notice than NPL or even PLW. Maybe someone can add their input here? There was a thread recently about the players at OU and OSU and how something like 18/20 of the Oklahoma girls on these teams were from either TSC or OFC...of course, OFC not ECNL, so goes the other way....Who knows?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:12 pm

OFC just had 16/17 offered scholarships last year on first team.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:49 am

If the rumors are true about the TSC 04's that will be a very fun team to watch. Lets hope ( non TSC teams better hope not

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Who is rumored to be the '04 coach, still Kitterman or someone new?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 pm

If OFC got the two girls from Norman and Slsc top 4 or 5 tsc wouldn't stand a chance:) Westside bias, ha ha.........

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Someone new is the rumor.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:05 pm

I would suggest the west side start building their team. I have a feeling one bad a!! Hurricane is gojng to be coming your way in the future.

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:11 pm

yoyokix wrote:Curious to know: what type of scholarships are TSC ECNL players being offered (full, partial, etc) and to which schools? I believe some Blitz and OFC players get college offers as well, so just curious if the ECNL group gets a higher percentage of girls offered scholarships to better programs (division 1 schools as opposed to 2 or 3) and more money?
Found that info:

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/2015/02/04/nine-in-10-graduating-ecnl-athletes-commit-to-college-soccer-for-fall-season/

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Pretty compelling stats for ECNL, overall. Again, doesn't mean that those are the only ones playing Div 1, but the percentages sure are good once you get into ECNL as opposed to the rest.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Pretty impressive

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by my_2_cents Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:30 pm

I heard Kitterman is acquiring 2 blitz girls, a tall blond and a short blond. Blitz is also losing 1-2 girls going to rec (possible burnout?) Winters team is breaking up and splitting up between Kitterman, Amos and blitz. Kitterman plans to coach next year, but knowing some parents don't want to play for him they are saying someone new is coming to get more girls at tryouts. Sounds like tryouts should be interesting.

my_2_cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:27 pm

Inquiring minds want to know more. Give us at least #s and/or positions, otherwise I'm going to assume your info is a bunch of bull

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Agreed sparky. Don't just throw stuff out and see what sticks. I've not hidden the fact I am a proud blitz parent, so if your gonna spew info about teams, especially Blitz, back it up with who? Otherwise will have to take it for what your handle is, 2 cents, which amounts to nothing.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Any parents considering switching teams? I really like what I have seen out of OFC the last few months...

I hope my daughter doesn't think it too weird when I am on the opposite side of the field cheering.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Anyone heard anything else about OFC going to ECNL?

I think if this happens you will see a big change in OFC's team. I have heard that TSC (club not any team) is trying hard to block this from happening.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm

OFC Club probably should be in ECNL, but I thought there was a 5 year period after TSC joined where no one else in OK could join....don't know this, just heard it on the board before. In any case, if true, should be in the next year or two?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next