Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
2015 Fall Predictions? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Fall Predictions?

+11
Tar Heel
JenksSoccerDad
longball
cosmos04
SSD2004
Boomer
Kickin grAss 04
OFC04DAD
yoyokix
Rico S
bird04
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2015 Fall Predictions? - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Fall Predictions?

Post by bird04 Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Kickin grAss 04 wrote:I really think the 04 Griffin team will win the 03 silver division.  They added really good players to an already dominant team.  Unless they have problems early gelling the team should be a beast.  

Agreed. Essentially, we've beaten every 03 team in the state except for Amos, I'm pretty sure. 03 OFC's a tough one, for sure, and Williams bet us in a scrimmage last time we played, but they're all in Gold division. The gel factor is important and player positioning also key....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:57 pm

It's based on if your application is accepted to move up... I would be curious to see if the Griffin team moves up to Silver 03. But for State Cup every team has to play in its own age group regardless of where they played your regular season. Either way we will all know soon enough! The Griffin team will have a tough time with the 03 Gold division but should be able to get through most of the Silver division no problem. Depending on how that all shakes out exactly, there might be a team that could give them a little competition. Either way they will play tougher competition than what is in their own age group which will undoubtedly make them even better.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm sorry but 03 silver is not tougher than a 04 gold.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Tell yourself what you need to hear... but if they make 9 teams out of the silver bracket and only 5 teams in the Gold then that means 3-4 of the teams in Silver were in Gold last season and at this age 03 girls just got a lot bigger and rougher... There are some pretty good teams in that 03 bracket. Also, confidence is a good thing! But overconfidence only leaves you butthurt and with excuses! Girls soccer... Anything can happen at anytime! LOL
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Well that brings 03 Ofc white witch ofc 04 beats and cvfc red team that Slsc beat and a 03 bear team that I'm not sure about. I'm just saying u guys would cruze through the silver bracket

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm not with Griffin... and just because a team beat another last year or that one time it doesn't mean that's the end all be all and they will always beat them. Check this scenario... 03 Bear beat CVFC who beat OFC White last year and OFC White beat 03 Blitz and Blitz beat Amos in State Cup and ZERO 04 team has ever beat 03 Amos... Do you see where I am going with this... Griffin will probably end up 1st or 2nd in that division but I guarantee as a whole the competition will be tougher based on size and other factors. If I am wrong you can be the first to call me out at the end of the season but I bet I'm not... By competition I mean they would have to totally dominate by a greater margin than they dominated the 04 Gold division last year... That means shutting pretty much every team out of the Silver 03 bracket for them to be worse than the Gold 04 bracket... LOL
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Alltiedup Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 am

I agree with cosmos. 04 top division will be much more competitive than 03 silver. Not even close. If they are planning on staying up and working their way to gold like most of the 02 teams. It's a good decision. They will cruise first season without any competition.

Alltiedup

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:15 am

Well u-11 Amous cleaned house through league play and state cup, played up u12 and did not fair well, expected playing up in gold but where I'm going with this is they did it to get better, right? Well they played in there own age group for state cup and did not cruze through like they did in u-11, so is it really beneficial to play up?

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:04 pm

I assume you mean u-12 Amos... They did play up in league play in the u13-u14 bracket and didn't do great in that. They had to play their own age in state cup because all teams have to play their own age... And no they didn't cruze through state cup but did still end up winning. There were other factors as to why they didn't do great in state cup. Also, as teams get into these years there are equalizers that come into play. Teams that were all stars will start to get caught. Girls that are good now will get caught by late bloomers and vice versa... All we can do is sit back an watch how it all unfolds!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:25 pm

I agree there will be a lot of change in the next few seasons. Those teams that who are a lot more physical because they have a lot of August and September birthday kids will start to get caught by the more skilled kids who are beginning to mature in size as they get older. That's why I think it critical to be on a team that wants to develop skills and a good style of soccer instead of winning at these young ages because by u-13 all these girls will be aggressive and fast and they will have to rely on skill:)

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:53 pm

That's exactly right! Ulimately if you can play ECNL or PLW that's where you want to be... But even kids that don't make that the first or second year still have a chance! But I know girls that just played on a good competitive team that made it to college too! It all starts now with the best development and a love for the game.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:07 pm

cosmos04 wrote:I agree there will be a lot of change in the next few seasons. Those teams that who are a lot more physical because they have a lot of August and September birthday kids will start to get caught by the more skilled kids who are beginning to mature in size as they get older. That's why I think it critical to be on a team that wants to develop skills and a good style of soccer instead of winning at these young ages because by u-13 all these girls will be aggressive and fast and they will have to rely on skill:)
Sounds reasonable. I would add that Griffin is skilled AND physical for their age. They will have to play silver first and should cruise through this . Again, they've beaten every 03 team in the state except for Amos. CVFC was dominated by them in Lexus cup and by the end, OFC was beaten by them, too. Doesn't mean that that'll repeat, of course. So the Spring season will really be the tell. We'll be playing up to get better. Staying down with the 04's won't really help us achieve that goal this Fall season, as we only had one goal scored against us all season in regular play. We do need to score more, that's our team's weak spot, but some new players will give us more flexibility in positioning that should help ALOT in that regard. Silver probably won't help in that regard, either, but it's a wash IMHO. And we have to play in Silver before we can get to Gold. So that's the situation we're in. Agree that 3 years from now there'll be some changes, but the core of this team should be the core of the ECNL team. It'll be fun to watch all the girls at all the age levels and divisions play!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Check out OFC 01's to see how it'll probably play out....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:34 pm

OFC 04 can only hope their team turns out like OFC's 01 team which is one of the top teams around in that age group including ECNL teams. That team has been pretty dominate from early on.
OFC 04's have a chance to be top team in state only when TSC Griffin goes ECNL.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:00 am

New predictions...

Griffin
OFC
Parker/Winters
Norman
Amos

Norman and Amos will get crushed while Blitz and SLSC will crush the silver division.

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by JenksSoccerDad Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:07 pm

OPL Gold Predictions
1. TSC Griffin
2. OFC
3. TSC Parker
4. NYSA Fury
5. TSC Amos

OPL Silver Predictions
1. SLSC Cosmos Blue
2. Blitz
3. Arsenal
4. OFC White
5. WSA Red
6. TSC Harding
7. NEOFC Blue
8. Unity White
9. OFC Black

JenksSoccerDad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2