Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
NTX/OK Rankings Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

NTX/OK Rankings

+6
SSD2004
918soccer
Bigbadwolf
ENERGYFC04
bird04
NTXOKRankings
10 posters

Go down

NTX/OK Rankings Empty NTX/OK Rankings

Post by NTXOKRankings Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Appreciate thoughts Oklahomans

NTX/OK Rankings Week_110

NTXOKRankings

Back to top Go down

NTX/OK Rankings Empty Re: NTX/OK Rankings

Post by bird04 Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Sounds about right...Last years Griffin team tied Diaz while playing poorly and beat Pulp and got pounded by what was there of JDL Red and DT South, if I remember correctly. New teams, so who really knows? It will be interesting to find out...!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Looks about right.  After last weekend would say FC Dallas head and shoulders above everyone right now.  I'm sure OFC parents can testify they looked like a machine.   Can't dispute 1 - 5 right now.   Whats interesting is 6 - 15.   I could see some major shuffling in this area with a few teams possibly filling in 3 - 5 by the end of the season (don't see anyone supplanting FC Dallas Red and Pulp).  

If, AND BIG IF this early in the season it would be good for Oklahoma if it could maintain 4 teams in the top 12.   NTX has been doing this age pure thing much longer and should be ahead of us now.   If Oklahoma maintains and makes some moves up it would be good for the state IMO.

I frankly would like to see Parker and Norman move up and/or into the top 20 (so long as its not at expense of my DD). If Oklahoma could legitimately claim 6 top 20 teams in a north Texas/Oklahoma analysis it would be good representation of our state.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:02 pm

You want your team in the top 10. Nobody even looks at teams below this because in most cases the rankings are elevated from playing poor competetion in 2nd amd 3rd tier tournaments. If any Oklahoma team has a chance to break into the top ten its the Griffin team. I just dont see anybody else... so good luck.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:20 am

i would like to see 4 Oklahoma teams on the top 20 list at the end of the season but don't see that happening. Some of the Oklahoma teams are too high on the list based on their losses to lower ranked teams last week.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:12 pm

BBW-

I have to disagree with you here. Your statement comes across as Griffin having a "chance" to break the top 10. I can tell you after being in Dallas two weeks in the past month (and seeing most of the teams play on the list above) only Top 3 are superior to Griffin. In fact I think Griffin is 1.5 goals clear of Sting Diaz, IMO.

From my perspective last year Griffin was easily top 6-8 and OFC was pushing top 10 in the middle of the year. (Admittedly they did tail off at the end of the season)

I think that Oklahoma field is actually stronger this year. If you go by North Texas rankings on their website another Oklahoma club has already beaten the 15th ranked team in Texas once and took them to PK's the 2nd meeting (and that team is undervalued in those rankings). They also have competitive losses to two other top 5-8 teams coming into a tournament after about 3 practices coming off a 3 month summer break.

So I actually see two potential top 10 teams in Oklahoma this year and a few others with a chance to break the top 20 and if things really start cooking making a run for the top 10.

Good news is we get to sit back, enjoy the season, and see how things play out.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 pm

4 in the top 20 is more than reasonable. I think arguably Oklahoma is already there. It's hard to tell where Griffin and Parker fit as there is no mutual opponents. Also, OFC lost their goalie in the first game of Plano and stayed within 1 of DTS at beat the heat. Blitz I believe steam rolled fc Dallas premier. Cosmos beat D'Feeters top JDL team

Factor in most Oklahoma teams just started with new dynamics in August contrasted with most Texas teams doing this for 6 months then it becomes even more reasonable.

I've seen most fc Dallas and pulp are prob in a league of their own. Everyone else it's open season. You just need to develop and figure things out. Even if only 1 in top 10 I firmly believe Oklahoma will have 3 if not 4 in the 10-20 range.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Bigbadwolf wrote:You want your team in the top 10.  Nobody even looks at teams below this .

Hahaha.  Yes, b/c if we aren't in the top 10 nobody will think my daughter is on a good team....which has dire consequences.  1.) Forum posters will make fun of my daughter's team, which is really frustrating 2.) Daughter's self esteem will take a massive hit 3.) No way she will ever get to play college ball, let alone get a scholarship, if she is not one a top 10 Ntx team list at age 12.  4.) And, the absolutely most critical problem -- the kool aid is a bit more difficult to drink when the results don't equal the hype. Cool

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Rico S wrote:
Bigbadwolf wrote:You want your team in the top 10.  Nobody even looks at teams below this .

Hahaha.  Yes, b/c if we aren't in the top 10 nobody will think my daughter is on a good team....which has dire consequences.  1.) Forum posters will make fun of my daughter's team, which is really frustrating 2.) Daughter's self esteem will take a massive hit 3.) No way she will ever get to play college ball, let alone get a scholarship, if she is not one a top 10 Ntx team list at age 12.  4.) And, the absolutely most critical problem -- the kool aid is a bit more difficult to drink when the results don't equal the hype. Cool

Dude. Didn't you know if your not ECNL DA etc your DD is screwed. Her dreams are crushed by 13. Might as well get her into underwater basket weaving.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by 04GRankings Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello OK! Been meaning to check in. Here is the latest rankings.

http://www.txsoccer.net/t33418-04g-north-texas-stx-ok-rankings-september-19th-2016

Can anyone help me with a couple of scores from this past weekends games (or let me know if they didn't play)

OPL silver
OFC black vs west side alliance red
OFC White vs Bixby Percy

OCL D1
CVFC red vs NEOFC gray

OCL D2
Ok Celtic Pride vs west side alliance white

04GRankings

Back to top Go down

Post by 04GRankings Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:01 pm

Btw. Game of the week (next week) which I am going to wait to post the score so feel free to email me after the game is Monday the 26th. TSC hurricanes griffin vs TUSC Blitz United.

My email is 04grankings at gmail.com if you find any issues. Ps. I had to enter ties in for the games listed above to get rankings out Monday so help getting those scores is much appreciated!

04GRankings

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:30 pm

I don't think many of the parents from OPL silver and below frequent this board so you may be at the mercy the OPL website.

Good news is that in OPL Gold people are posting with 15 seconds left in a highly contested match.
I'm kidding about that........kind of.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by 04GRankings Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Ok. Thank you. Btw. Posted lines for games for this weekend. Blitz is a 5 goal dog vs Griffin. I have a feeling it will be a lot closer than that.

04GRankings

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:23 pm

04GRankings wrote:Ok. Thank you.  Btw. Posted lines for games for this weekend.  Blitz is a 5 goal dog vs Griffin.  I have a feeling it will be a lot closer than that.  

It will be a lot closer than that. Who comes up with those lines? I'm gonna say Griffin 2, Blitz 0.

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Interesting...same type setup as the Youth Rankings with the point spread prediction. Lots of interesting matchups this weekend. Thanks for posting the information.

Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post by 04GRankings Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:47 pm

TSC010405 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:Ok. Thank you.  Btw. Posted lines for games for this weekend.  Blitz is a 5 goal dog vs Griffin.  I have a feeling it will be a lot closer than that.  

It will be a lot closer than that.  Who comes up with those lines?  I'm gonna say Griffin 2, Blitz 0.

I use the Microsoft excel Solver macro, it is very similar I suspect to what youth soccer rankings uses.

04GRankings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down