Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
OPL this weekend - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OPL this weekend

+8
cosmos04
ENERGYFC04
yoyokix
fanaticdad03
Worst Case Soccer Parent
05GKdad_Tulsa
bird04
oksoccer
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OPL this weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: OPL this weekend

Post by fanaticdad03 Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Just saw winters 2-1 win. I'm very surprised. Blitz seemed to be faster and more skilled.

fanaticdad03

Back to top Go down

Post by fanaticdad03 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Any reports on what went down in blitz versus winters. Possession shots ?

fanaticdad03

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:40 pm

The report I know is that "I was wrong"! I should get out of prediction business, it appears!
Ha!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Blitz had possession 70/30, guestimate, and caught Winters' goalie off her line twice and JUST barely didn't have enough juice on the poke to get it over the line before it was saved. Winning goal a long shot with the wind from 40 yards out---great goal, doubt it would go in 1/20 times at this age. Have to say that Winters played better than I have seen lately and may be coming out of a slump. We'll see how it goes from here. Impression: Evenly matched teams, with Winters with continued psychological edge. Blitz has a number of soft spots that continue to dog them. Until they are addressed, will not live up to potential.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:15 am

I want to say first the TSC Winters 04 vs Blitz match was a very competitive and fun game to watch. I'm not sure what game Bird04 was watching but I think you are way off on possession guesstimate. Maybe what you and I consider possession are two different things but just getting a touch on the ball, passing it back to a defender, and slinging it down field is not possession in my eyes. Secondly, the victory was a total team effort and both teams played their hearts out. Fantasicdad03 I think you may have been watching a different game also. Yes the Blitz team may have been faster but I just can't agree with your statement they had more skill. Thirdly, yes they have a very important player missing from the line up and will miss her dearly but that just means others will have to step up and bring more to the pitch on game day. The TSC winters team was also playing with an injured goalkeeper, sick players, but no 10 year old girl syndrome on this team today. Everybody wants to count these girls out for some reason but I don't think I would just yet. They are a skilled group of girls with a lot of heart. Congrats TSC Winters on your victory!

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Let's see. Blitz with faster more skilled players. Had 70/30 possession. Barely missed several goals and Winters was lucky to score. Blitz lost 2-1. Something isn't adding up here?

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkidzrul Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Heard that the Kitterman vs Arsenal game wasn't the blowout one thought it might be. It's my understanding that Arsenal held them 3-0 until the last 5 minutes of the game or so. Score ended at 5-0 if I understand correctly. Perspectives on that? Kitterman is supposed to be a powerhouse and there are questions as to why Arsenal is even playing in the OPL based on this blog. Is Arsenal gaining ground and they could have a future or did Kitterman show a weakness this weekend?

Also heard the one goal Blitz scored on Winters really should have been obstruction but refs didn't make the call.

soccerkidzrul

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 pm

If that's true its surprising. Was the game at Arsenal? Worse fields (although they will eventually be good) my daughter has played on in terms of grass length. We measured it and it was 3 - 4 inches. We had trouble dribbling and playing balls through as they would die in the grass. My friend at OFC said the same for them. If so, I expect that would explain it. Plus Arsenal packs everyone around the box as well.

They have potential IMO. Definitely better than Clinton. We haven't played Blitz navy team so no comment there. My feeling is Arsenal will be a very good second tier team that will flirt with promotion and relegation in the future with the top tier. In a year or two may even sneak in a win or draw on a good team's off day.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkidzrul Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 pm

SLSC04 wrote:If that's true its surprising.  Was the game at Arsenal?  Worse fields (although they will eventually be good) my daughter has played on in terms of grass length.  We measured it and it was 3 - 4 inches.  We had trouble dribbling and playing balls through as they would die in the grass.  My friend at OFC said the same for them.  If so, I expect that would explain it.  Plus Arsenal packs everyone around the box as well.  

They have potential IMO. Definitely better than Clinton. We haven't played Blitz navy team so no comment there.  My feeling is Arsenal will be a very good second tier team that will flirt with promotion and relegation in the future with the top tier.  In a year or two may even sneak in a win or draw on a good team's off day.  

Kitterman vs Arsenal game was played at Indian Springs, same field Winters played Blitz United on right before according to the schedule. The Blitz United and Blitz Navy are very different teams. You guys should dominate Navy when you play them later in the season.

It will be interesting to hear the Kitterman's parents feedback on the game since this board is heavily ladened with their comments.

soccerkidzrul

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:20 pm

From a TSC Kitterman parent perspective… The Arsenal result is typical with us. We are a defensive minded team first and foremost. Our scores will always be very low with an emphasis on shutting out the opponent. In addition, the ball is almost always on our opponent’s side of the field, leaving us to contend with 11 defenders on half a field.

In the game against Arsenal, there were no corner kicks for Arsenal, no goal kicks for us and our goalie never touched the ball (if memory serves me). Not trying to diminish Arsenal at all, but the ball was +95% of the time on their half with it either being a corner kick, goal kick or punt.

Both the OFC and Blitz games earlier this month was a lot of the same, the ball was pretty much on their end the entire game (dealing with 11 defenders), although they both had a few minor scoring opportunities (the shot count was lop-sided).
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Tarheel,

To confirm what you thought...goalie did not touch the ball once. Also, a lot of girls moved around to try their hand at new positions...
That said, Arsenal has potential long-term.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:17 pm

How many guest players did Kitterman have?

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkidzrul Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Tar Heel wrote:From a TSC Kitterman parent perspective… The Arsenal result is typical with us.  We are a defensive minded team first and foremost.  Our scores will always be very low with an emphasis on shutting out the opponent.  In addition, the ball is almost always on our opponent’s side of the field, leaving us to contend with 11 defenders on half a field.

In the game against Arsenal, there were no corner kicks for Arsenal, no goal kicks for us and our goalie never touched the ball (if memory serves me).  Not trying to diminish Arsenal at all, but the ball was +95% of the time on their half with it either being a corner kick, goal kick or punt.  

Both the OFC and Blitz games earlier this month was a lot of the same, the ball was pretty much on their end the entire game (dealing with 11 defenders), although they both had a few minor scoring opportunities (the shot count was lop-sided).

Interesting feedback Tarheel - thanks. I certainly appreciate the defensive minded team concept. I was expecting Kitterman would have used this opportunity to increase his GF count. Granted you still have Clinton to play which will easily increase the count - no question. I just thought he would have taken this opportunity to given the team a little more cushion.. Were they just not able to set up the shots, especially if the game was played on their half? You have some strong forwards, I didn't expect Arsenal to be able to block their shots. While the score was typical, I didn't think the opponent was typical which is what sparked the question in my mind. Regardless, I give kudos to Arsenal for hanging in there against what has been declared the top team. Obviously Kittermans team became too much at the end but Arsenal should still be commended.

Speaks well of your defense overall if you're goalie's not getting shot on especially against OFC. That being said, is your goalie ever truly challenged? Someone was comparing her to Winter's goalie and stated that Kitterman's has closed the gap. Is that proven if she's not touching the ball? Sounds like Winter's goalie made some mistakes this weekend. But from what I hear, she has a pretty strong reputation overall and is usually pretty solid.

Enjoying the healthy discussion - Thanks.

soccerkidzrul

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkidzrul Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:51 pm

bird04 wrote:Blitz had possession 70/30, guestimate, and caught Winters' goalie off her line twice and JUST barely didn't have enough juice on the poke to get it over the line before it was saved. Winning goal a long shot with the wind from 40 yards out---great goal, doubt it would go in 1/20 times at this age. Have to say that Winters played better than I have seen lately and may be coming out of a slump. We'll see how it goes from here. Impression: Evenly matched teams, with Winters with continued psychological edge. Blitz has a number of soft spots that continue to dog them. Until they are addressed, will not live up to potential.

From what I'm hearing this was more of a 50/50 game, certainly not Blitz dominated 70% as you've indicated. Agreed that it sounds like they played better than they have been, even with a player out. And Blitz did have some players out - as previously mentioned. Certainly there are biases in regards to our children but it does seem that you are a bit biased against Winters team based on past posts. I'm starting to question your objectivity when discussing their games. As well as wonder how you know so much about their players.

soccerkidzrul

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:25 pm

You are certainly entitled to that opinion. I said "guesstimate" in that I didn't see the full game. I do think that Blitz had the ball down in front of Winters goal more than the other way around, again, somewhere around 70/30. Maybe a bit less, and maybe I missed a bunch of the game where it was the other way around. I, BTW, would question everyone on the board's objectivity. In fact, it would shock me if someone somehow managed to be perfectly objective here! No big deal, really.
As far as Winters goes, I have to admit that I've thought for some time that Blitz would beat them and have been CONSISTENTLY WRONG! In fact, if you view the post from me that you quoted, I think I give quite a bit of "criticismto Blitz and fair kudos to Winters. But you may not read it the same way and that's fine.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:07 pm

soccerkidzrul wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:From a TSC Kitterman parent perspective… The Arsenal result is typical with us.  We are a defensive minded team first and foremost.  Our scores will always be very low with an emphasis on shutting out the opponent.  In addition, the ball is almost always on our opponent’s side of the field, leaving us to contend with 11 defenders on half a field.

In the game against Arsenal, there were no corner kicks for Arsenal, no goal kicks for us and our goalie never touched the ball (if memory serves me).  Not trying to diminish Arsenal at all, but the ball was +95% of the time on their half with it either being a corner kick, goal kick or punt.  

Interesting feedback Tarheel - thanks.  I certainly appreciate the defensive minded team concept.  I was expecting Kitterman would have used this opportunity to increase his GF count. Granted you still have Clinton to play which will easily increase the count - no question.  I just thought he would have taken this opportunity to given the team a little more cushion..  Were they just not able to set up the shots, especially if the game was played on their half?  You have some strong forwards, I didn't expect Arsenal to be able to block their shots.  While the score was typical, I didn't think the opponent was typical which is what sparked the question in my mind. Regardless, I give kudos to Arsenal for hanging in there against what has been declared the top team. Obviously Kittermans team became too much at the end but Arsenal should still be commended.  

Speaks well of your defense overall if you're goalie's not getting shot on especially against OFC.  That being said, is your goalie ever truly challenged?  Someone was comparing her to Winter's goalie and stated that Kitterman's has closed the gap.  Is that proven if she's not touching the ball?  Sounds like Winter's goalie made some mistakes this weekend.  But from what I hear, she has a pretty strong reputation overall and is usually pretty solid.  

Enjoying the healthy discussion - Thanks.

Yeah I saw that quote also, I’m guessing it has more to do with her performance at BTH vs top NTX 03 teams as well as our PLD games against four top ten NTX 04 teams. She did play really well. That being said, I'm staying neutral, I know both girls/families and you could easily say they are both studs, and should easily be considered the top two 04 keepers in OK.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkidzrul Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:41 pm

No, I agree. As I said we all have biased opinions, especially when it relates to children. There will never be perfect objectivity. I don't expect it at all. However, I sensed in the overall tone of your posts in other strings, i.e. - discussion in Top 5 04 girls teams, discussing tryouts, fear of being blackballed for guest playing, etc. there just appears to be a bias against Winters in particular. This is a big rival for your team, naturally leading to a lack of objectivity. I could very well be reading more into it than what it means. I was really more curious to know if it is truly a dislike for this team that you're trying to disguise or if it's just the natural competitiveness that comes out in all of us and it happens to be directed at Winters in most of these posts.

And the opinion that it was more 50/50 wasn't mine. That's what I'm hearing from those that were at the game. Of course, they could be biased as well. I'm not really sure how one can give possession stats if they are admittedly not present for an entire game. That's my opinion though.

soccerkidzrul

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:50 pm

I would agree 50/50 too. I saw the 2nd half of the game in bits and pieces from another field and it looked pretty much even, other than the score. Winters team seems to have their number.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Mostly just a natural bias against politics within clubs, I guess. Probably colors my opinion on some topics. On this particular topic (Blitz vs Winters game), I'm giving my honest opinion. I think this game doesn't matter that much as both teams have players missing. The next game will really show if full roster vs full roster if anything has changed. Like I said, given the history, the psychological edge has to go to Winters.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2