Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
NYSA Classic Cup... - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

NYSA Classic Cup...

+17
Fanofthegame
2004girlsFan
Tar Heel
Bw1313
nat
settledown
cosmos04
SockerMomx2
Roughneck04
canester2002
t-town05
Soccerabe
Gunners006
05GKdad_Tulsa
sooner5
fanaticdad03
Ymca Bob and Kevin
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

NYSA Classic Cup... - Page 3 Empty Re: NYSA Classic Cup...

Post by Bw1313 Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Voiceofreason.
So what do u think it cost to run that tournament for the weekend

Bw1313

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenof2 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:14 pm

We don't have to have those clubs to have a good tournament. It's club arrogance. Tsc 05s thought they would show up and run Nysa 05s off the field and it didn't happen did it???

Greenof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Damn voiceofUNreason, are you still on here rambling incoherently? My 20% comment was a reply to show your 1-2% perspective was terribly inaccurate. I was heavily involved, even solely responsible, in putting on sports tournaments, charity events and extremely large conferences (10,000+ people) for years. I also volunteer for every tournament that my kids club puts on. So yeah, I think I'm coming from a pretty competent background when I criticize NYSA in their erroneous decisions.

For those who came from out of town it would have cost them less if NYSA cancelled the tournament before it started. Your comment about a 48 hour cancellation policy is inaccurate. It was actually a 72 hour cancellation policy, BUT it had a clause that if the tournament was cancelled due to an act of God that no penalties would be incurred. So if NYSA had cancelled the tournament before it started the out of town players would not have been stuck with their hotel bills (which NYSA got a portion of I should add). There is also the cost of gas, eating out, and other incidentals that add up when you travel. So I believe they would have been just fine being out the $30-40 for the price of the tournament, instead of the approximate $300-$350 that out of town families spent for a couple of games.

Also,if your club isn't making much money off then they are running them wrong. It wasn't unheard of to make $15-$20K profit for mid-level sports tournaments. For large tournaments it could be a windfall if they were run properly. Tournament are also a fickle business, Because when you screw up ONE time (like NYSA just did) it sets your tournament back years. They have to start from scratch and prove them selves all over again, and it takes time to rebuild that trust.

As for these 20 something coaches that you keep going on about. I don't presume how your coach runs things, but ours actually talks to the manager and then the parents to decide which tournaments to sign up for. In fact every coach my kids have played for have handled tournaments in this manner.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Fanofthegame wrote:And to top it off when then schedule came out it was those three clubs saying how weak the tourament was anyway. So why you want to bring your team to a weak tourament anyway? To collect hardware?

It looked like the larger clubs sent their B,C, or D teams to come play. I realize there were a few exceptions, but it looks like that was true in most the brackets. The few Liverpool teams that I saw were definitively not their top teams. So I wouldn't say anyone was out to collect hardware. I believe most of the people commenting about the weak brackets have kids playing for their clubs top teams and are in a position to state it was a weaker field of teams overall.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Roughneck04 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Fanofthegame wrote:Not any differnt then trying to sit out a thunder storm last year at the Lexus Cup. To have it cancelled and then say we will mail your hardware and still haven't received it.

C'mon, you can't put thunder storms in the same category as a snowstorm. Many times it rains in Oklahoma and we don't have lightning. The girls are able to play through it no problem. We were at that tournament last year and actually didn't have one game affected by the lightning delays. Snow comes with below freezing temperatures and potentially treacherous road conditions. NYSA knew days in advance that the weekend was going to turn bad. Now they'll have to suffer with the consequences of their own decisions.

As for not mailing you the hardware, that's crap. TSC should take care of that and there is no excuse for them not getting it to you by now.

Roughneck04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Greenof2 wrote:We don't have to have those clubs to have a good tournament.  It's club arrogance. Tsc 05s thought they would show up and run Nysa 05s off the field and it didn't happen did it???

I have a DD on that TSC 05 team and I didn't see or hear one parent act like we could just show up and win against anyone. Out of 3 years being on that team, I haven't heard anyone act that way (pretty classy group).

I thought it was a good game and made a pretty good friend on your team.

I was one that was disappointed we couldn't finish, but as someone earlier wrote, there are probably just as many parents that would be as upset if they DID play Sunday. Seems like a no win situation. Also, I don't envy TSC headaches for this weekends weather.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bw1313 Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:35 pm

They made on entry fee over 70,000 dollars and if they credit everyone 100 that's around 14,000. So they have around50,000 thousand left r u telling me it takes 50,000 to do a tournament plus not everyone will go back to there tourn so they will not get 100 back also they didn't pay for reffs on Sunday so I find it hard to believe they didn't make any money and I. Bet the medals will be used for the next tourn. So they won't have to buy medals of so not as many also I do t think everyone is expecting a full refund but I think for out town teams that had to stay in hotel they could have gave more than 100 back

Bw1313

Back to top Go down

Post by Bw1313 Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Plus they also made little money from hotels they got certain percentage from that also

Bw1313

Back to top Go down

Post by Bw1313 Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Also why couldn't they make decision Saturday morning tell everyone that we will play say but we're canceling on Sunday that way everyone could checked out from hotels if they wanted
I know with my two teams that would saved us over 2000 dollars of hotel money

Bw1313

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 pm

I think we're all pretty damn funny still commenting on a tourney that happened almost a week ago, at this point, but I'll play.

NYSA supporters, I'm actually not upset the tourney was still played. That's the chance we all take registering for tourney in November. Plus, all and I mean all, of our parents felt you would not play games on Sunday.

With that said, we also felt it was a straight money grab to not cancel. Again, you put tourneys on to make money. However, PLEASE don't insult everyone's intelligence by saying anything other than "It's a money maker for our club and we wanted to make money"

2 dead give aways. I called NYSA office to confirm tourney was still on and was told "Yes, that is a big fundraiser for us." Again, she was just being truthful.

2nd, send the teams the $100 and let them decide if they want to spend that money on coming back. Even after the tourney has been cancelled, your still thinking about making money.

Again, not really angry. Just surprised NYSA supporters won't acknowledge it was about the money and some things could've been handled differently and it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in a lot of people s mouths.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

With all that bring said, what most of our parents were complaining about was the fields are girls were playing on 11v11. That's what may kero us from going back more than anything. I shouldn't go to a game and only see half my daughter when on the other sideline. Keeping in mind, she's over 5 ft tall.

Also, our coach shouldn't have to sub a girl because she's dead tired. Not from playing, but from chasing balls that would continually run off of one field onto the next. It's suppose to be a soccer field, not a Par 5.

The fields were very disappointing. Were they all like that? Or just the two we played on?

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Tar Heel wrote:
Greenof2 wrote:We don't have to have those clubs to have a good tournament.  It's club arrogance. Tsc 05s thought they would show up and run Nysa 05s off the field and it didn't happen did it???

I have a DD on that TSC 05 team and I didn't see or hear one parent act like we could just show up and win against anyone. Out of 3 years being on that team, I haven't heard anyone act that way (pretty classy group).

I thought it was a good game and made a pretty good friend on your team.

I was one that was disappointed we couldn't finish, but as someone earlier wrote, there are probably just as many parents that would be as upset if they DID play Sunday. Seems like a no win situation. Also, I don't envy TSC headaches for this weekends weather.

I would have to agree with tar heel on the group from TSC and the other 05 teams as well.

The Norman 05s are the only group I recall seeing have posted stuff on the forum about how good they were. Based on the results from fall games, it appears that any of the 5 "top teams" could beat each other on any given day.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:29 pm

I also agree with eastside. I am not upset they went ahead with tournament. Everyone knew Sunday was most likely going to be cancelled. But they should have made the announcement by noon on Saturday. I am sure the hotels would have worked with people on cancellation rates. I know our hotel did even at the late hour of cancellation. The $100 should be refunded to everyone and let them decide if they want to return.

This is the 4th tournament in the last year I have been involved in that cancelled early. 2 never happened and refunds were issued (one minus $75 and one minus $50 + $50 credit to future event). The other was cancelled Sunday morning and they still refunded $100.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Like I have said before if people were more honest with what team their kid are  on. And not their first  message to stir the pot. To be honest only two parents on NYSA 05 team knows about this forum. And neither have made a comment on had great their team is.

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 pm

I am sure most know who I am and I know you, but maybe I should have said the only one posting stuff about how good they are is "roots". Which I associated with Norman, maybe he is a pot stirrer from another club.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceofreason Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 am

Seriously? Do you think the TD wants to cancel a tournament? Does that bring teams back? GRRR, ou guys are idiots if you think they want that. More teams = more money. They don't want less teams!!!

voiceofreason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum