Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Michael Brown Winter Classic (NTX) Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Michael Brown Winter Classic (NTX)

+7
cosmos04
FUBAR
archer
Sparky
SSD2004
ousoccer
Its_Me
11 posters

Go down

Michael Brown Winter Classic (NTX) Empty Michael Brown Winter Classic (NTX)

Post by Its_Me Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:58 pm

I notice our OK teams didn't fair to well overall in this past weekend tournament in NTX.  We have to find a way to be more competitive.  Lets just say my dd's team played two of the better NTX teams now and by far Liverpool Elite is the best I've seen at this age group.

Just frustrating to watch. What are we doing wrong?

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Michael Brown Winter Classic (NTX) Empty Re: Michael Brown Winter Classic (NTX)

Post by ousoccer Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:25 pm

It looks like some teams faired pretty well. Bottom line is you will have to live in a bigger metroplex. It would be like a 3A high school against a 6A high school in OKC. You may have occasional success but more times than not the bigger school wins out. I don't think we do anything wrong. They just have so many more kids to choose from. There's a huge soccer population difference. The other thing is to get all top kids on one team which doesn't look like it's going to happen anymore either. Clubs do a better job of keeping their customers better than they used to. Doesn't seem that there's that mass switch to the top teams.

ousoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Well first off I don't think any team can compete with the Top 5 in North Texas - which OFC had to play two of this weekend.  Like someone said earlier, that would be like pulling the top 2-3 girls from OFC, Tulsa, SLSC, Norman etc....

I do think that the current clubs can and will compete with the 10-25 ranked teams in North Texas and you will see that start to happen next year.

Solution: Follow each other to local tourneys and play each other more often and schedule more friendlies locally.  Is that going to happen?  Doubt it because the planning/communication over multiple clubs may be too difficult.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 pm

A start to being able to competet is by having all the best girls in a club on one team. What a concept.

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 am

You guys with first time competitive players will soon figure out that you need a strong team that is easy to get to logistically. Up here Kitterman will draw in top kids from other clubs and OFC will draw in top okc kids. The question is when, not if. Do you want to wait until you are competing with a smaller younger group or a larger older group to get on the team and build a relationship with the coach and team? The smart money is looking down the road for the greater chance of competing.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 am

Kitterman has had some success competing with some of the NTX team but yet have not found a way to beat any of the top teams. Seems OFC went down there to become a punching bag for the top two teams. So when it come to competing, we are two steps behind.

I notice Blitz has entered the u90c Spring Kickoff in NTX. Wonder if they will fair any better.

Last edited by Its_Me on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 am

FYI- there are other notable teams beside TSC Kitterman and OFC.

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 am

FUBAR wrote:FYI- there are other notable teams beside TSC Kitterman and OFC.  

That are competitive with NTX teams, name them? Winters??

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:21 pm

I think blitz can get there, especially if they pick up a few of winters kids in the fall.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:38 pm

cosmos04 wrote:I think blitz can get there, especially if they pick up a few of winters kids in the fall.

Personally I don't believe they can even if they picked up a few from Winter.

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by my_2_cents Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Its_Me wrote:
cosmos04 wrote:I think blitz can get there, especially if they pick up a few of winters kids in the fall.

Since Kitterman is crushing the other teams by a whopping one point or with ties I totally see why their parents think they are so much better than all of the other OK teams. (things that make you go hmmmm?)

Kitterman used to beat the other teams by several goals, now they barely win or they tie. The other teams are catching them, Kitterman is a good team, but it won't be long before it's a tossup between the top 4 teams - they all have talent and now that they are older it's developing more rapidly (while Kitterman seems a bit stagnate). Also, from what I have heard Kitterman took Blitz and Winters guest players with them to Plano and other tournaments. So they did well but sounds like they had help.

my_2_cents

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Like my pappy always told me when you play the top 4 in terms of competition and outscore them by a combined score of 3-1 it's time to play up.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:27 am

my_2_cents wrote:
Its_Me wrote:

Since Kitterman is crushing the other teams by a whopping one point or with ties I totally see why their parents think they are so much better than all of the other OK teams. (things that make you go hmmmm?)

Kitterman used to beat the other teams by several goals, now they barely win or they tie. The other teams are catching them, Kitterman is a good team, but it won't be long before it's a tossup between the top 4 teams - they all have talent and now that they are older it's developing more rapidly (while Kitterman seems a bit stagnate). Also, from what I have heard Kitterman took Blitz and Winters guest players with them to Plano and other tournaments. So they did well but sounds like they had help.

Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Bulldogsoccer wrote:
my_2_cents wrote:
Its_Me wrote:

No guest players in Plano. Just a small roster and very high temps!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Switching topic here. Was this played out this past weekend?

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=42817&GroupID=416503

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:52 pm

It was. No idea of any scores.

Anyone able to post the scores?
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 am

004tulsa wrote:It was. No idea of any scores.

Anyone able to post the scores?

I do not know scores, but I heard Williams got at least one win. I think Kitterman went winless. Not sure about Winters.

Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Kitterman 2 ties and a loss off a PK with 2-3 minutes left in game. Winters 2 losses and a tie, I think. I heard 3 losses, but I think that's not accurate. Anyone know?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Its_Me Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Scores posted:

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=42817&GroupID=416503

Once again, we failed to come thru......to South TX, C'Mon.. A step back in my eyes.

Its_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:08 pm

bird04 wrote:Kitterman 2 ties and a loss off a PK with 2-3 minutes left in game. Winters 2 losses and a tie, I think. I heard 3 losses, but I think that's not accurate. Anyone know?
Oops! Wrong again! Winters with 3 losses. Sorry for misinformation....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down