Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Age Pure Projections

+11
Number6
SSD2004
Sally
FUBAR
nat
04eastside
bird04
Pass and Move
The Soccer 1%
Yellowcard
ENERGYFC04
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Empty Re: Age Pure Projections

Post by bird04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:09 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:I've not studied them or watched them with a critical eye (I don't really have one).  But, does their year playing substandard competition in OCL and Silver hurt their development?

The only kid that stood out to me was the one slinging corner kicks across the goal like she was teaching it.

Who knows.  I can't see how playing substandard competition is going to help you.  That said, as i mentioned having the depth they have should help making competitive practices.  

You bring up a good point. The kid slinging corner kicks stands out.   No offense, that is the problem with 90% of soccer parents is that we lack a critical eye for what is good soccer.  We think a kid who can sling a corner or boot it from 40 is a great player and he or she stands out.  We don't see the other 90% of the game where the coach is trying to hide that kid and/or they are failing the team.   I hate the idea of "specialty" players at this age and bringing them up based upon one skill is a disservice to the player in the long run.  

That assumption. Doesn't apply to this team or coach. Agree with most everything else you said, though.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:17 pm

bird04 wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
The Soccer 1% wrote:I've not studied them or watched them with a critical eye (I don't really have one).  But, does their year playing substandard competition in OCL and Silver hurt their development?

The only kid that stood out to me was the one slinging corner kicks across the goal like she was teaching it.

Who knows.  I can't see how playing substandard competition is going to help you.  That said, as i mentioned having the depth they have should help making competitive practices.  

You bring up a good point. The kid slinging corner kicks stands out.   No offense, that is the problem with 90% of soccer parents is that we lack a critical eye for what is good soccer.  We think a kid who can sling a corner or boot it from 40 is a great player and he or she stands out.  We don't see the other 90% of the game where the coach is trying to hide that kid and/or they are failing the team.   I hate the idea of "specialty" players at this age and bringing them up based upon one skill is a disservice to the player in the long run.  

That assumption. Doesn't apply to this team or coach. Agree with most everything else you said, though.
Just for the record and clarity, I wasn't discussing or intending to discuss any particular kid on any team. I may have poorly worded so that it appeared that way but my comment was about soccer parents and kids in general.

I haven't watched Griffin since last year and don't recall these "specialty players" and have no clue who does their corners. My point is parents in general lack a discerning eye for good soccer. We celebrate a kid "booting" versus making a proper outlet pass. We praise the kid who just stands there at the top (she has a big foot) and harms the team the majority of the game but by gosh those two goals she scored when the ball came to her were wonderful. We fail to see simple possession plays as good soccer and praise the kid who recklessly dives in and fouls a player (thats good soccer in most eyes).

Now to take it further, i'm tired of seeing coaches take these kids who are overmatched in every area of the game minus one particular area (ie corners). Or coaches taking kids who are simply big and fast but have little redeemable skills. These choices are designed to help coaches look good in the interim and have championship teams that for some reason become below average as the years go along (amazingly that coach is smart enough to leave after U13 where size counts little). I think its a disservice to their overall development.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:27 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:i'm tired of seeing coaches take these kids who are overmatched in every area of the game minus one particular area (ie corners).  Or coaches taking kids who are simply big and fast but have little redeemable skills.  These choices are designed to help coaches look good in the interim and have championship teams that for some reason become below average as the years go along (amazingly that coach is smart enough to leave after U13 where size counts little).   I think its a disservice to their overall development.
Or, devil's advocate....they're hoping they can take a kid with some strong points and develop his/her overall game.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

@Griffin parents do u mind your dd's staying after there first game and signing some autographs for my daughter?

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:47 pm

cosmos04 wrote:@Griffin parents do u mind your dd's staying after there first game and signing some autographs for my daughter?
I think selfie's to share on Instagram would be more age appropriate. Just sayin'.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:58 pm

cosmos04 wrote:@Griffin parents do u mind your dd's staying after there first game and signing some autographs for my daughter?
You probably should take a picture cause after a year you won't ever play against the top 04 TSC group again.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:12 pm

I know.  Off to that great soccer god in the sky known as ECNL.  Or is DA next year? Or how about National League?  Geez can't figure all this out and my crystal ball is cloudy for 2017.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:31 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
bird04 wrote:I know...I was responding to ENERGY's assumptions....I appreciated your comments and sorry if I worded things awkwardly....

Still trying to figure out what assumptions your referring to and/or why they are incorrect.   From rereading my posts (and limiting it to discussion of Griffin) these are what i can tell are my assumptions:

1.   Griffin has good players
2.   Griffin is not comprised of the 10 - 14 best players in the state.
3.   Griffin's kids would most like make a pool of the top 40 kids in the state.
4.   Griffin as currently constructed is the best team in the state.
5.   The sum of a team is greater than its individual parts.
6.   As a team Griffin's depth with players 10 - 14 is what sets them apart in OK.
7.   Will the current Griffin players all remain top players for TSC in the future, no.
8.   Substandard competition in OCL and OPL silver could possibly harm them but maybe they make up for it by more competitive practices.
9.   TSC view of soccer is not always grounded in reality.
10.   If TSC coaches are worth anything they will care less about what  team a player  was on but rather how a player fits a system and pick the best players.
11.   TSC is on a mission to destroy Blitz.
12.  Some kids and parents' world is going to be rocked come tryouts.

Now, I'm not a rocket science but those were the specific comments i believe were directed at TSC and more particular Griffin's team. I'm curious as to how these assumptions are incorrect.

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 65967511
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pass and Move Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Strange that this board is 04-centric. While the 02s have an approaching reckoning, the 03s will be the most scattered to the wind. Gosh, grab the popcorn.

I think attention will soon be focused on a retooled 07 age group, a beast of an 08 Amos team, and a wicked 09 Carreno outfit. Hide and watch.

Pass and Move

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Pass and Move wrote:Strange that this board is 04-centric. While the 02s have  an approaching reckoning, the 03s will be the most scattered to the wind. Gosh, grab the popcorn.

I think attention will soon be focused on a retooled 07 age group, a beast of an 08 Amos team, and a wicked 09 Carreno outfit. Hide and watch.
I hear at some of the pre-ECNL league stuff this spring that there were margarita and key parties with selected soccer trainers and mom's to make the '16's a loaded deck. You heard it here first...

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
bird04 wrote:I know...I was responding to ENERGY's assumptions....I appreciated your comments and sorry if I worded things awkwardly....

Still trying to figure out what assumptions your referring to and/or why they are incorrect.   From rereading my posts (and limiting it to discussion of Griffin) these are what i can tell are my assumptions:

3.   Griffin's kids would most like make a pool of the top 40 kids in the state.
6.   As a team Griffin's depth with players 10 - 14 is what sets them apart in OK.
7.   Will the current Griffin players all remain top players for TSC in the future, no.
8.   Substandard competition in OCL and OPL silver could possibly harm them but maybe they make up for it by more competitive practices.
10.   If TSC coaches are worth anything they will care less about what  team a player  was on but rather how a player fits a system and pick the best players.

Now, I'm not a rocket science but those were the specific comments i believe were directed at TSC and more particular Griffin's team. I'm curious as to how these assumptions are incorrect.

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Soccer10

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:04 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 E3110

Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Meme10

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:52 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Tar Heel wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Meme10

We know...
Tar Heel
Tar Heel

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Where is Sally. She can answer all your questions about the Griffin Team. My sources tell me there will be an autograph session and photo shoot with the players directly after each Griffin game. Smile

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Sad10
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Sad10

Nice! Razz Razz Razz

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:41 am

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Image12
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:48 am

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Image14
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:53 am

Age Pure Projections - Page 3 Image16
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:58 am

You are very funny! Seriously. I enjoy your posts. You must be a Williams parent....but, then again, you've never said which team your daughter plays on (or maybe I missed it)...odd, that...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:01 am

That's why I'm here! To stir the pot and get a rise... Are Williams parents funny? I don't know them. I'm a ref that's bored and lots of time on my hands... My daughter isn't even on the radar. Have you ever heard of Brooks?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:14 am

Ummmm....Foster Brooks, maybe....Is that who you chose for your daughter's coach?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:29 am

Don't show your age Birdhouse! He wasn't near as funny as I am...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 pm

It's been awhile since I've paid a lot of attention to the rosters of multiple local clubs, but the age change has me interested.

When do the rosters on GotSoccer typically get updated? Should be pretty soon?

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3