Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
ECNL Combines! - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

ECNL Combines!

+14
Oakie75
nat
redcard
Rainbow
That Annoying Itch
The Soccer 1%
cosmos04
oksoccernut
ENERGYFC04
TSCSOCCERDAD
Tar Heel
Blameitontheref
Sally
Yellowcard
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ECNL Combines! - Page 3 Empty Re: ECNL Combines!

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 1:04 pm

I heard it was mostly Banham's team... I thought there was still one more night of tryouts?
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by nat Thu May 12, 2016 1:24 pm

I was told they announced teams yesterday.

nat

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Silence is deafening!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Thu May 12, 2016 2:25 pm

They had call backs last night for tonight

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard Thu May 12, 2016 2:26 pm

For ecnl that is

redcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Thu May 12, 2016 2:26 pm

The 03 ECNL team was made last night.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 2:27 pm

crap i thought it was for auditions to Mamma Mia and was curious if an 04 scored Sophie's role!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm

The call backs for tonight are for the composite team.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Blameitontheref Thu May 12, 2016 2:31 pm

I believe the 03 ECNL team was made up from Griffin 7, Beattie 4, Williams 3, Parker 2. Still lots of talent left to make the composite team. Should be another interesting night tonight.

Blameitontheref

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu May 12, 2016 2:39 pm

So which is more prestigious, the composite team or age pure team?

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakie75 Thu May 12, 2016 2:40 pm

From what Ive heard the Age Pure team will pull from the Composite if the need arises. So Age Pure would be considered the top team.
Oakie75
Oakie75

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu May 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Yes...very interested in how they compose the composite team...as was said above, a lot of talent out there and I think that this composite team concept is a very smart and long-term good move for players who didn't quite make the pure age ECNL team...there will be a lot of movement over the years as the girls develop up and down the line so this will be a great option for a lot of the girls to stay in the mix if their ultimate goal is to make PA ECNL.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by El Tarjeta Rojo Thu May 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Age pure teams will be the top ECNL teams. Composite will consist of min 6 younger age players.
El Tarjeta Rojo
El Tarjeta Rojo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 pm

bird04 wrote:Yes...very interested in how they compose the composite team...as was said above, a lot of talent out there and I think that this composite team concept is a very smart and long-term good move for players who didn't quite make the pure age ECNL team...there will be a lot of movement over the years as the girls develop up and down the line so this will be a great option for a lot of the girls to stay in the mix if their ultimate goal is to make PA ECNL.

I agree with Bird04 on this... The composite team or SRPL teams will be really great options for these age groups going forward. That talent was so stacked last night it was crazy! Seems like there were about 50 players there just in the 03 capacity and it could have went many different ways. I would like to congratulate the players that made it and also give a huge shout out to the ones that came out and tried! It takes a lot of guts and courage to put it all out there and give your best and I am confident that many of these players will go on to make the Composite and SRPL teams. Good Luck to the 03 Age pure team in their future and hopefully they have an easy time meshing together! Remember, the way the players get along on the field comes from the parents and how they get along on the sidelines! Keep the poison out of the kool-aid!!! Looking forward to tonight and seeing how everything comes together!!!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Thu May 12, 2016 3:21 pm

So will the composite teams play SRPL?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 3:22 pm

No

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Thu May 12, 2016 3:24 pm

So when/who do they play? Other composite teams?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 3:25 pm

yoyokix wrote:So will the composite teams play SRPL?

They will play other composite teams in the ECNL league on the same weekends as the ap teams. That means those teams will be there ready to help with injury vice versa etc...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by El Tarjeta Rojo Thu May 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Hierarchy of teams:
02 ECNL Bradshaw
02 SRPL Rhein
02/03 Composite ECNL
03 ECNL Ragland
02/03 Composite ECNL
03 SRPL Richardson

Composite seems like the 2.5 ranked team in the 02 division and 1.5 ranked in 03. Think it comes down to what each player/family see is best for kid as far as development, friends on same roster coaching styles etc.
El Tarjeta Rojo
El Tarjeta Rojo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Yes... My take based on what I have heard from various people. The move to age pure creates an issue for the fall birthdays during their senior year of HS. Most of their Age Pure teammate from the Jan - July/Aug time frame will have graduated so now what does that fall Senior birthday player do? In smaller markets there may not be enough interest from players that can play at the top levels to continue in ECNL. So they made U18 a U18/U19 league and allow the 98 and 99 (next years seniors) to play on a team together. This also helps out the Juniors with fall birthdays that would be 99s and would have aged out of the 00s to have a place to play since there is already a mixed age group from the old 99ECNL teams established. This was an issue for all clubs so they added a level called composite so that they could retain the players and provide a place to play that will still give them similar exposure for those still looking and provide a good level of play to help players continue to develop so they are ready to play college soccer. Same training schedule, same league schedule I do not think have events have been set yet.

My guess is after they figured this out they then thought how nice it would be to include players that where close to making their ECNL teams in their programs and give those players that just miss 3 training sessions a week, continued exposure to the ECNL staff and that it would create a grouping of players that could more easily be pulled from to support the AP ECNL teams.

In theory it sounds good...

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 3:38 pm

I would put the 02/03 Composite team in front of the SRPL team for both age groups... but I guess we wont know until the play each other...

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Rainbow wrote:I would put the 02/03 Composite team in front of the SRPL team for both age groups... but I guess we wont know until the play each other...

You probably wouldn't play each other... I would rank the 02 SRPL team very evenly matched with the Composite 02/03 Team based off the talent pool.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 4:12 pm

When I said play each other I meant scrimmage. They are under different umbrella's... USYS vs US Club so yes they will not officially play each other.

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu May 12, 2016 4:18 pm

No guarantee they would scrimmage either... I figured that's what you meant. Still holding strong that they will be close depending on who goes where.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Thu May 12, 2016 5:22 pm

I think they are probably similar I just wouldn't classify them as 2.5 and the players on the composite are supposed to be the first place the age pure ECNL teams pull from

Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next