Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Fall '16 OPL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fall '16 OPL

+15
canester2002
Big Red
Bigbadwolf
SSD2004
Gunners006
TSC010405
cosmos04
bird04
Rico S
Yellowcard
sooner5
918soccer
ENERGYFC04
Goaliemom
t-town05
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fall '16 OPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall '16 OPL

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
ENERGYFC04 wrote:
Rico S wrote:Why is everyone anticipating a bit of down trendl for TSC-Parker?
Great question.   I too am curious?  i have heard rumors but curious if there is some objective analysis.

As to rankings, I personally have no opinion.  

I would say it has to do with losing two very valuable players and not replacing them...
I heard the same thing that with the changes the team got gutted and lost their top players. Also heard blitz 04s done some recruiting damage which hurt the depth of the age group making it possibly different than how the 04s were perceived last year. Curious if they will try to play top tier or use silver to gel in the fall.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm not down playing tsc first team one bit I'm sure they will be phenomenal and I am sure they will all be future players on the uswnst. I think there second team will struggle a bit at first but by spring will be playing well because they have a great coach who does great things with his team's.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 pm

cosmos04 wrote:I'm not down playing tsc first team one bit I'm sure they will be phenomenal and I am sure they will all be future players on the uswnst. I think there second team will struggle a bit at first but by spring will be playing well because they have a great coach who does great things with his team's.

I agree with that...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:12 pm

bird04 wrote:
918soccer wrote:TSC 1 is better than last season so I don't see Cosmos or OFC finishing ahead of them. TSC 2 probably won't start at the top but could work into the top 4 by season end. I also think OFC will finish in front of Cosmos.

Time will tell....But it'll be hard to duplicate last years "04" Kitterman/Griffin record of the last 3 years...2 State Cup wins and only one episode of being beaten by another 04 team (Blitz 04 during a spring West Side tourney), a quarter final and semi-final Premier Super Copa finish in consecutive years, and a Lexus cup win playing up and a finals playing up consecutive years, with only one "03" team beating them (SRPL winners NYSA, if I recall correctly, in said Lexus Cup) without their own loss to 'em....If they can pull that type of record off, then I'll agree (and don't get me wrong, the potential is there!)...I actually think Blitz 04 is gonna be the dark horse in the 04 age group this year...again, all rank speculation...

Good luck to all! It will be interesting to watch from the outside (maybe I'll be a little more objective!)

Curious still what your thoughts are about last years 04 team vs this coming year 03 ECNL team? Do you think it will be stronger or equal? Since you're on the inside now you should be able to see from the practices etc.

Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:32 pm

I know enough to be dangerous. I say this with sincerity. Do you view the fact that several 04 Griffin girls made the ECNL team a good or bad thing from a competitive standpoint. Do you realistically think a U14 loaded with girls who played U12 last year will find success in an ECNL league that will most like include teams whose majority of players were playing in the top division of Lake Highlands last year?

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:56 pm

I think the tsc 03 encl team will be so good that they will probably never lose again. They will be the future north Carolina tarheels soccer team

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

cosmos04 wrote:I think the tsc 03 encl team will be so good that they will probably never lose again. They will be the future north Carolina tarheels soccer team

Jeez, give it a rest! Or at least come up with something more original....That's twice in your last two posts that you've used the same theme. No one said that they'll be USWNT or "Tarheels" or anything like that on this thread. Rolling Eyes
As far as how they'll do against the NTX teams, I suspect we'll have some trouble and some success. Depends how the assets down in TX are re-shuffled and how those new teams gel and how we gel. Too many variables. I do know that with respect to "playing in U14 as opposed to U12", Griffin typically played up, so the ones coming off of Griffin (originally 7, one quit, so now 6) are used to playing girls in the what is now called U14 age group. The two from Parker, not so much, but very solid players (one being the goalie), so no problem there, IMHO. And the rest from Beattie, etc..already were playing girls in this age group. I suspect it's the same for all the girls we'll see in NTX. It'll be an interesting year, for sure!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:47 pm

bird04 wrote:
cosmos04 wrote:I think the tsc 03 encl team will be so good that they will probably never lose again. They will be the future north Carolina tarheels soccer team

Jeez, give it a rest! Or at least come up with something more original....That's twice in your last two posts that you've used the same theme. No one said that they'll be USWNT or "Tarheels" or anything like that on this thread. Rolling Eyes  
As far as how they'll do against the NTX teams, I suspect we'll have some trouble and some success. Depends how the assets down in TX are re-shuffled and how those new teams gel and how we gel. Too many variables. I do know that with respect to "playing in U14 as opposed to U12", Griffin typically played up, so the ones coming off of Griffin (originally 7, one quit, so now 6) are used to playing girls in the what is now called U14 age group. The two from Parker, not so much, but very solid players (one being the goalie), so no problem there, IMHO. And the rest from Beattie, etc..already were playing girls in this age group. I suspect it's the same for all the girls we'll see in NTX. It'll be an interesting year, for sure!

Looking forward to following and see how they do! Hopefully they have the same success as in previous years with those teams combined. Have you guys had many practices to see how they all look together? Curious on the size difference of the younger and older girls and how that will look against those always bigger and sometimes faster Texas girls. I did hear a rumor there was a Griffin player that was dropped and another player picked up?

BTW the Tarheel's suck!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm

bird04 wrote:

Ok u guys played up against third tier 03 teams:)

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Don't forget the second tier teams in the spring!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Yellowcard wrote:
bird04 wrote:

Looking forward to following and see how they do!  Hopefully they have the same success as in previous years with those teams combined.  Have you guys had many practices to see how they all look together?  Curious on the size difference of the younger and older girls and how that will look against those always bigger and sometimes faster Texas girls.  I did hear a rumor there was a Griffin player that was dropped and another player picked up?  

BTW the Tarheel's suck!

Razz Razz

As to your questions, the one girl actually quit soccer, wasn't dropped. Took a lot of us by surprise. No practices yet, so who knows? I suspect we'll have a pretty good idea after that first weekend!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:49 pm

I hate to be the one to say this but...... Why is there a conversation about the 03's happening on the 04 thread. Did you all not get the memo that we are not to do that from Energy a couple weeks ago?

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:01 pm

TSC010405 wrote:I hate to be the one to say this but......  Why is there a conversation about the 03's happening on the 04 thread.  Did you all not get the memo that we are not to do that from Energy a couple weeks ago?
Thank you. I hereby grant you guest moderator status for 24 hours. Better earn your stripes!

As on excuse for those committing this cardinal sin, i suppose the 03s and 04s with this age pure thing is a little confusing these days.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Well neither of you read closely enough... The question was how do you compare last years 04s to this coming years 03 team which for all intents and purposes still fits. However it morphed a little from there, but we will cut it off.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Well neither of you read closely enough...  The question was how do you compare last years 04s to this coming years 03 team which for all intents and purposes still fits.  However it morphed a little from there, but we will cut it off.  
I'm so lost. I'm now on Yellowcard's side. Thats what i get for praising TSC for once. He is fired as guest moderator!!!!!!

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:31 pm

I am hearing OPL gold will be:
Blitz
OFC
TSC Griffin
TSC Parker
SLSC

I thought there would have been a team or 2 more take a shot at gold for the fall. I'm assuming everyone else elected silver or OCL.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Now hearing WSA and Norman are also in OPL gold. Guess will have to wait until actual schedule comes out.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners006 Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:25 pm

Has anyone heard about the other age groups as the 05 or 06

Gunners006

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Heard 03s have 8 team in OPL gold. but nothing on 05s or 06s.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Thread is a little old but I wanted to chime in about 03 Ragland. There was little information about him prior the season but  I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with his knowledge of the game and his unique ability to get his players to enjoy playing and raise their efforts and expectations of play. In a very short period of time, my daughter is already playing harder and smarter than ever before and she loves every minute of it.  Ragland coaches much as you might expect a principal to do, and I highly recommend him as a coach.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:47 am

Heard good things about him in the past. How do you think that team will do? Not too many weak links I would imagine... Would love to see how they stack up!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:10 am

Should be a good team and I'm excited to see how we stack up against TX. We scrimmage 02 ECNL tomorrow, which is a combination of last season's 02 ECNL team and Beattie's 03 team, so that should be a good benchmark.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:24 pm

On name recognition alone that sounds like a great match! That could go either way!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:39 pm

t-town05 wrote:I am hearing OPL gold will be:
Blitz
OFC
TSC Griffin
TSC Parker
SLSC

I thought there would have been a team or 2 more take a shot at gold for the fall.  I'm assuming everyone else elected silver or OCL.  

The more things change....the more they stay the same?

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:00 pm

You are right T-town...same old same old. Griffin should dominate this year....again!

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next