Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Unity soccer club - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Unity soccer club

+16
ousoccer
SSD2004
Soccerabe
misfit31
Mj2944
TSCSOCCERDAD
fanaticdad03
BUSTER1227
Sparky
Jace
Rico S
longball
soccerschmuck
oksoccer
ENERGYFC04
05GKdad_Tulsa
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Unity soccer club - Page 3 Empty Re: Unity soccer club

Post by cosmos04 Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Misfit- are u talking about slsc needs to get rid of a individual on there coaching staff? Who and why? And where would the strong come from? I think only girls on this side of state that could make our blue team is from cvfc or maybe unity.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofthegame Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:25 pm

cosmos04 wrote:Misfit- are u talking about slsc needs to get rid of a individual on there coaching staff? Who and why? And where would the strong come from? I think only girls on this side of state that could make our blue team is from cvfc or maybe unity.

Are you saying in all age groups?

Fanofthegame

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm

One coach, causes more problems for SL by turning people off to the club than he does in coaching. (Which he is a below average coach to begin with with zero class.

I do think SL has some really solid coaches though. I can see cvfc spring in a few years, die to yukon getting new facilities, and possibly wanting to go on their own. If that happens, what kids from Mustang that are left in cvfc might just go to SL. I personally know of several players of various ages that have left or are not doing club due to the fact that cvfc had slipped so much, and not wanting to play at SL for whatever reason. These clubs on the West side of okc do not work together enough, to promote and develope their talent. It is quite sad really.

I won't name names on a firm like this, I am not about pointing fingers, just passing information as i have heard it. This is not the place for personal attacks.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Just a follow up to this post from a while back. I currently know of 12 girls who joined clubs above u13 this season, from good rec teams, and made the clubs first team. Various clubs around Okc, all girls are quality players who just made a decision to join clubs late. It was the right choice for them, and did NOT inhibit their growth in soccer. Quite to the contrary. And most of their cases, because they were focus on enjoying the sport, and not being forced to win at all costs, these girls have more of a passion for the game then most of the girls who have been playing club soccer for 2+ years.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 pm

misfit31 wrote:Just a follow up to this post from a while back. I currently know of 12 girls who joined clubs above u13 this season, from good rec teams, and made the clubs first team. Various clubs around Okc, all girls are quality players who just made a decision to join clubs late. It was the right choice for them, and did NOT inhibit their growth in soccer. Quite to the contrary. And most of their cases, because they were focus on enjoying the sport, and not being forced to win at all costs, these girls have more of a passion for the game then most of the girls who have been playing club soccer for 2+ years.

Talk about a blast from the past.  I'll take this one on and respond to your statements (my comments regarding your statements are in red font).

***12 made it lets do math, between boys and girls we are looking at 80 teams at least who play in the top flight in the state in competitive soccer. That equates to approximately 1280 players if carrying a 16 man roster. so basically of the top teams in the state your telling me 0.9% were good enough to make a first team? Interesting and doesn't seem to support your argument.***

1.  Playing rec up until U12 was right choice for them.   No reasonable person would dispute this without knowing the facts involved in each players choice.  So long as the choice was made on accurate information (not coaches promising something they can't deliver) that is in the best interest of the child versus the "coach" who is trying to make a rec super team then i'm cool with it.  The problem i have seen is when a rec coach tells the uninformed parent that competitive costs X amount of money (highly inflated) and i can do the same for your daughter without incurring that money.  Thats not true.

2.   Girls who made clubs first team.   This is the exception not the rule. The only way i see this happening at major clubs is if a coach leaves and/or major defections occur for whatever reason leaving the age group bereft of players.  That said, some competitive coaches may take a flier on an exceptional athlete with speed who played rec with hopes they can hone their soccer skills.  However, even in those situations coaches prefer putting them on a second team to up their skills, tactical knowledge and field awareness while CPP them onto the first team at times.  The ideal situation for clubs is to bring them along slowly

3.   Did not inhibit their growth in soccer completely disagree.   There is a reason club coaches carry licenses.    I've seen what many consider good rec girls come in and the response everytime is "in a year or two they could be competing.  Does that mean playing rec was a bad choice?  No.  Each parent and kid must find the combination that is right for their kid.  However, implying that rec kids are getting the same quality coaching from skills, tactical and other areas is inaccurate

4.  Most of the girls playing club soccer don't have the same passion.   Umm, did you conduct a scientific poll?   THis is completely and utterly inaccurate.  Take any of the top 6 or so clubs in the state and i can gaurantee you those girls have a passion.  You don't lack passion and compete at the top level and/or work as hard as they do.  As a parent of a child who works her butt off and watches the game consistently I feel confident in saying this comment is a horrid attempt to justify everything you wrote above.  In fact, this comment pretty much discredits everything else you said in my book.

If this post is to say I told you so, well your still wrong.  If it is to sing the virtues of rec soccer then I'm cool with it.   Rec soccer is great for some kids but pretending it offers the same development and incorporates a greater love of the game is simply salesmanship at its best.  

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 pm

Most of the time rec players come over to club and they play hesitant or scared and the coach doesn't give them much playing time... Then the parent gets mad because their kid scored the most goals on their old team and they should get fair and equal playing time... I have seen this happen many times...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:22 pm

My post was simply to state that it can happen, when people told me "no rec kid ever makes it onto a first team", etc. I would love to give names and specifics, but to also lend a bit of credence to the other side of the argument, that is 12 out of 400-500 players. The chances are slim, but it is possible.

Growth in a game comes from various avenues. Being in youth sports for nearly 20 years, I have seen the damage that Oklahoma coaches do to young baseball players by stressing "winning" and "playing big kid baseball" at young ages. Pushing a kid too early sometimes ruins a child's drive, and also their will to improve. Trust me when I say, that I have seen MANY young talented athletes go NO WHERE in sports, because they were pushed by parents, too hard, too soon. I have been around club soccer teams, and a good percentage of the kids are being pushed far too hard by overbearing parents.

I am not against club soccer, don't get me wrong here. My point is, and has always been, that it should be introduced when the kid is ready, not the parents.

As for rec soccer, the vast majority of teams are coached by parents who "got the call". No knowledge, just needed a coach or there would be no team. It's always easy to see which teams have coaches with experience, they are usually the teams that are successful. Throw in a coach with a national "D" license and you have a rec team that never loses! Then, throw in a dad that can't let go of his ego, and you have rev teams that think they are club level, and for the most part, they are no better than middle of the pack OCL teams.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:27 pm

misfit31 wrote:My post was simply to state that it can happen, when people told me "no rec kid ever makes it onto a first team", etc. I would love to give names and specifics, but to also lend a bit of credence to the other side of the argument, that is 12 out of 400-500 players. The chances are slim, but it is possible.

Growth in a game comes from various avenues. Being in youth sports for nearly 20 years, I have seen the damage that Oklahoma coaches do to young baseball players by stressing "winning" and "playing big kid baseball" at young ages. Pushing a kid too early sometimes ruins a child's drive, and also their will to improve. Trust me when I say, that I have seen MANY young talented athletes go NO WHERE in sports, because they were pushed by parents, too hard, too soon. I have been around club soccer teams, and a good percentage of the kids are being pushed far too hard by overbearing parents.

I am not against club soccer, don't get me wrong here. My point is, and has always been, that it should be introduced when the kid is ready, not the parents.

As for rec soccer, the vast majority of teams are coached by parents who "got the call". No knowledge, just needed a coach or there would be no team. It's always easy to see which teams have coaches with experience, they are usually the teams that are successful. Throw in a coach with a national "D" license and you have a rec team that never loses! Then, throw in a dad that can't let go of his ego, and you have rev teams that think they are club level, and for the most part, they are no better than middle of the pack OCL teams.

I'll give it up when someone is right. Good post that i can agree with. The issues I have personally encountered that make me cringe is the rec coach who loves to score 20 games against inferior competition while saying how great their team is. I know specific instances where a rec coach was telling parents it was $1000.00 per month to play competitive soccer (I know a kid that their parents didn't come till late in the game because of this and IMO the player was never able to fulfill her talent which she had lots of). They tell them i can do the same as the competitive coaches. This is the sour note on the rec side.

I'm all for kids playing rec if its the right choice for them. I respect rec coaches who give accurate information and do not try to hold their kids back from joining competitive soccer.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by longball Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:19 am

misfit31 wrote:Just a follow up to this post from a while back. I currently know of 12 girls who joined clubs above u13 this season, from good rec teams, and made the clubs first team. Various clubs around Okc, all girls are quality players who just made a decision to join clubs late. It was the right choice for them, and did NOT inhibit their growth in soccer. Quite to the contrary. And most of their cases, because they were focus on enjoying the sport, and not being forced to win at all costs, these girls have more of a passion for the game then most of the girls who have been playing club soccer for 2+ years.

How many teams does Unity have on the girls side? I think they had 2 or 3 04 teams last year. Do you know what leagues they are playing-in?

longball

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm

unity has 2 "04" teams, and an "03" team this season.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:16 pm

I would say that I thought Unity had a nice little team in the 04 gold group this weekend at Cosmos Cup. They may not have the talent of the larger clubs but they were playing sound soccer and I saw moments were they were actually outplaying some of the "bigger" clubs.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3