Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
(04) Beat The Heat Tournament - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

(04) Beat The Heat Tournament

+11
Sparky
oksoccer
letthekidsplay
Gunners006
canester2002
longball
Rico S
bulldawgs
05GKdad_Tulsa
soccerdadx2
soccerschmuck
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

(04) Beat The Heat Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: (04) Beat The Heat Tournament

Post by rainbow1968 Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Lets send our best teams over to Arkansas and then brag about how we dominate them.... OK is lucky to have 2 teams in an age group that are able to hang somewhere in the top 10 N Texas teams.... It has always been that way and will continue until Texas falls into the Gulf of Mexico. It is a combination of population and resources poured into it. Have you checked out the training fees in N Texas?

rainbow1968

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Rico S wrote:
guest profile wrote:You are correct about the population difference. But I disagree with your statement about competing. I do not think there is an OK team in any age group on the radar of the top NTX teams.

My point was the despite the massive population disadvantage to Texas, OK doesn't to too bad.  Generally our best teams can hang or beat with all but the top 2-4 teams in most age groups, with some exceptions (either way).  Also, you will find that the younger the age, the more dominant the TX advantage is.

Also, I think there are several OK teams that are on N Texas teams' radar--OFC 01, OFC 00, TSCH 98 ECNL, TSCH 99

And I will make a bold prediction.....I think the 04 group is strong in OK...particularly in Tulsa.  TSC will eventually sort out the 04 age group.  Winters and Kitterman issue will dissolve.  They will be out of the picture and a very very good 04 team will emerge.  The top Blitz 04 girls will be siphoned over to TSC before ECNL play rolls along, and I think TSC 04 will be on North Texas radar.   Cool

I used the term "on the radar" so your reply is on target. What I really meant was compete for championships at the highest level. There is a gap between the top OK teams and the top 10 NTX teams in most age groups.

As for the 04s, we will see. If any OK team comes down to Plano in 2-weeks and beats any of the top teams it will be a big surprise.

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:05 pm

You do know that Kitterman won a tournament in NTX in the Spring. Have done well in Plano in the past, too...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:32 pm

I did not know Kitterman won a tournament in NTX in the Spring. They must be flying under the radar.

Joking aside, Kitterman is a solid team. Which group will they play at PLD? How about the other OK teams?

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Beat the heat didn't really tell us much. Blitz and TSC Kitterman played up (with or without 03 players), so can't say much about them against other 04's here. From looking at scores TSC Winters seemed to struggle and OFC played ok for their first 11v11 games. OPL starts in three weeks. That is when we will really find out. After this weekend though I am thinking TSC Kitterman and OFC will be battling out at end of season to see who is best and then Blitz and Winters fighting for next two spots, with everyone else far behind.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

PrimeTime---May, I think. Qualified for Platinum, I believe, but they are obviously staying in Oklahoma for now. Plano will be fun for this board regardless of results.....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Agree with soccerscmuck's assessment---Kitterman, maybe OKC ("gel factor" this year), then BLitz/Winters for 3rd and 4th. Of course, 11 year old girls have a way of blowing up plans and predictions! That's what makes it fun!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Trojan Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:05 am

oksoccer wrote:From what I hear kitterman should have done "fair" with 4 very good players from 03 Amos. Will be interesting to see what they do without them. Thought winters looked good in their game vs ofc. Don't know if 04 kitterman would fair much better vs 2 Texas teams. They are two very good teams. Saw some of
04 blitz. They struggled a bit but my understanding they came with true 04 team and had 0-03 guests. Will be fun to watch these 4 teams battle it out in OPL.

We actually did fair well, 2-1 loss to OFC 03, with a missed PK, and two 1-1 ties vs top NTX 03G opponents. And we already did "fair" much better against the two NTX 04 teams, as well as vs Winters. As I said earlier we beat that Sting team twice just 3 months ago for the Primetime championship (I would say that is "fairing" better than a 4-0 loss). Also, we are 1-1 vs Spirit, although they seem re-tooled for the better.

And for those trying to claim that we are dodging, hardly. We did the same thing last year for BTH, we played up. We are simply getting ready for the "gold" division of Plano Labor Day.

Trojan

Back to top Go down

Post by 95whaler Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 am

Very weak field in that Primetime Championship  Twisted Evil

95whaler

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:34 pm

bird04 wrote:PrimeTime---May, I think. Qualified for Platinum, I believe,  but they are obviously staying in Oklahoma for now. Plano will be fun for this board regardless of results.....

Platinum???

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Hell, I don't know for sure! Always confused, am I!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3