Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP? Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?

+3
The Soccer 1%
soccerdadx2
soccerschmuck
7 posters

Go down

Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP? Empty Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?

Post by soccerschmuck Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Nothing under this topic, so I figured to see what we could get started.
It seems to me that Oklahoma is having a very hard time getting much of the top talent to come out for ODP. What is the reasons behind this? Or is my perception wrong?

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP? Empty Re: Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?

Post by soccerdadx2 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Your perception is accurate from what I have seen. Very few of the top girls from the top teams participate. ODP in Oklahoma is not near what it should be. Seems to be more of just a revenue generator than a place for OKlahoma to showcase the top talent like some states do.
The biggest and really only benefit I see is that it does provide extra practice time if your child wants their foot on the ball more. This is almost always a good thing.

soccerdadx2

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP? Empty Re: Whats wrong with Oklahoma (girls) ODP?

Post by misfit31 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:17 pm

big part of this is that we are a part of Region 5, which is dominated by kids from texas. Our kids just dont participate as much, mainly because of the distance needed to take part in events once you reach the region level. Too bad too, we have some great ODP coaches in oklahoma.

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:10 am

We are part of Region 3 and the top girls in North Texas do not participate either.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:29 pm

It was a good place to get some quality training from the ODP coaches that came to Tulsa and my girl liked it a lot just because it was a different but quality voice to listen to. However, after those monthly trainings, it felt like it was a revenue generator so we didn't do any more. And, knowing a few of the players who "made the ODP team" it made me seriously question the quality of selections that they had.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Totally agree. My experience was actually not as positive. I found the coaching for the most part (this was years ago) not very good. The sessions were disorganized and lacked structure. I'm addition to that there seemed to be a great deal of conflicts with club soccer.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit31 Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:48 am

The player requirements are ridiculous. I'm not driving across the state for a "practice".

misfit31

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

It would be nice to have a strong ODP program in OK and TX but I don't think this is possible as long as it is a primary program of USYS/OSA. I know I sound like a broken record but USYS and OSA are simply too heavy to move quickly, make improvements and solve problems. This is why clubs across the country are leaving USYS and why clubs in OK have left USYS and OSA. If you think ODP in Oklahoma is bad now, wait until next year when it is 5 clubs fewer.

I believe the only way the ODP program in OK and TX will improve is through US Club's id2/ODP program. Although it is not a great program now, their new 2018 initiatives are fantastic and make the player selection process much better, non-political or club weighted, and cheaper. There is actually no fees during the player selection process, so it's not a money grab like the current USYS/ODP program. The player advancement path is also more defined so you will know exactly what opportunities are available when you get into it.

I might be looking at the id2 program a little too optimistic, but I do not think USYS/OSA will ever be able to solve the problem with ODP in OK and TX and our only hope is through US Club's id2/ODP.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:00 pm

918 - You are correct. ODP in OK is officially dead for girls. However, I don't think id2 would be any different.
Now if Energy gets DA invite, which those kids can't participate in ODP, maybe OK could send more rec players to represent.

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:08 am

Good article on ODP, PDP and id2...

https://www.collegecommitted.com/free-resources/ecnl-da-odp-pdp-tcs-id2-id-camps-what-are-all-these-initials-and-should-i-be-participating-in-them/

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down