Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
TSCH now with DA and ECNL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TSCH now with DA and ECNL

+7
Bigbadwolf
Gunners006
918soccer
FootballDad05
Yellowcard
BASoccer
TSC010405
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TSCH now with DA and ECNL - Page 2 Empty Re: TSCH now with DA and ECNL

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:56 am

Must be nice to have the choice! #notbitter

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Not any more!!!!! Now maybe OFC will get the invite.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 pm

This was a great decision by TSC. Not only because ECNL has been such a great platform, but in a small market like Tulsa, both leagues would have spread our teams too thin and DA alone only offers 3 teams per club. ECNL offers 6 girls teams, 6 boys and 3 Composite, which I hear could be officially rolled out by ECNL in the spring. Clubs that chose DA over ECNL will only have 3 teams and the rest of their players will have to drop to SRPL. I wouldn't be surprised if many clubs chose ECNL over DA.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Any chance of swallowing pride and getting over egos and merging the OFC and TSC? That would make for a pretty solid club in my opinion...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:58 pm

I like the strong rivalry between OFC and TSC, I think the competition makes both clubs better.

Although not ideal, joining an ECNL team from the west side of the state is not impossible. For one, TSC is opening their views and even encouraging players from all over the state to try out. Driving an hour plus for practice could be a pain but since most of our games are in Dallas it's a shorter drive for OKC players. I understand that it's not ideal but it's doable and I think most of the players and parents in the league would say that it is worth it. It's really that good.

I can understand why most kids on the west side might not be interested but I am dumbfounded why parents of good, competitive soccer players in Tulsa intentionally keep their kids away from ECNL because their coach or club has convinced them there is no benefit. That's a shame and they won't find the truth until it's too late. My advice to anyone researching ECNL is to talk to players or parents who have moved from another club to ECNL and ask them if it was a good decision. I guarantee that 100% of them will say it was the smartest decision they've made. ECNL is really that good.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:18 pm

ECNL is definitely on another level... I fully believe that the OKC market could field an ECNL team for each age group and be competitive... Between Norman, Southlakes, OFC, and any others there would be enough talent easily... That's my opinion.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:32 pm

OKC could definitely field boys ECNL teams (if boys ECNL happens). West side is dominating the 06, 05 and 04 age groups right now. But if all the strong Blitz players leave and join TSCH then it should be very competitive at the 05 and 06 level. Not sure anyone is going to beat that 04 OFC boys team. They are a monster.

Boys ECNL could mean problems for Blitz if TSCH doesn't play the political game and the most talented players are actually on the ECNL teams. I hope TSCH also fields the most talented coaches and not the good ole boys group.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

I have heard that there are OFC players already playing ECNL in Texas. ECNL unfortunately financialy excludes some good players. In addition, if your DD wants to play college soccer i really dont think you need ECNL to accomplish that. On the otherhand if your DD wants to try to get on the radar of the national team i think ECNL is a must. Just my humble opinion. As far as OFC getting their on ECNL team I also think they could be successful and would be great for both clubs.

FUBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:43 pm

If the player is good enough they will give financial aid... ECNL isn't a must for college but it definitely makes it 10 times easier and more likely...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:24 am

We are about 2 weeks out until we find out if Energy gets DA. Knowing that Energy did not apply to ECNL this year and put all their focus on DA might might just pay off. My educated guess is that they get in. It might only be one age group, but I think they get it. If it's GDA, I'd bet they'd test the 05's (makes the most sense).
If I'm correct, it would be huge for OKC. Hopefully, it'll keep our girls home instead of leaving to play for TSC or Dallas teams.
This will be great to see the Energy vs. TSC top teams finally play each other in tournaments. Look to DIGC U14 this year where DA vs. ECNL teams are supposed to happen.

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:12 am

Knuckleball - Do you have information when DA will be announcing new clubs? I haven’t seen anything on the TX or CA forums.

DA does not select one individual team or age group, every DA club is required to fill every age group. Having said that, boys DA and Girls DA are separate and some clubs have one or the other. I think the big question is whether Energy will get both boys and girls DA.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:46 pm

918soccer Here is the link to the application page:

http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview-join-the-academy

It states that they can basically release decisions anytime in the month of Feb., but it has been indicated it should be the first of the month....good or bad.

Here is the link to the webinar (stole it off the NTX site) which shows age groups for next year (U13 pilot in Frontier).  Just finding this out might make me change my educated guess as to the 05s getting GDA if Energy only gets one age...maybe 06s?  One age test group has been suggested as a possibility.  

Here is the link to GIDC if anyone is interested to see the teams involved:
http://dallascup.demosphere.com/teams/2018/accepted88058564.html

Knuckleball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2