Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Changes coming to TSC? Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Changes coming to TSC?

+17
TSC010405
SSD2004
04eastside
soccerdadx2
Yellowcard
918soccer
BASoccer
ENERGYFC04
El Tarjeta Rojo
populista
phil_weston
FootballDad05
NeverPlayedSoccer
04Bonosfan
bird04
TSCSOCCERDAD
Bigbadwolf
21 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Changes coming to TSC? Empty Changes coming to TSC?

Post by BASoccer Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:00 pm

I heard from someone that TSC might be going back to freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior teams. I assume that would mean TSC leaving USYS? Why? Anyone else hearing something like this?

If true, how does that affect the leagues they play in? What happens to U19 players? Would seem to be an odd move to blow up a bunch of teams again.

Maybe I misunderstood the brief conversation, but the source would be privy to such things.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Changes coming to TSC? Empty Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by 918soccer Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:37 pm

With every club, league and tournament in the US playing true age, I don't think it would even be possible to have a competitive team that is not true age. It definitely isn't possible for boys and girls ECNL, Composite, Super Y and every league TSC teams currently plays.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:49 pm

That's why I'm not quite understanding the statement I heard.

The only way I can make sense of the comment is if the girls who are born Aug-Dec. all 'play up'.

So girls playing '01, for example:

Used to be (school calendar year):

2015-16: '00's (Aug-Dec) & '01's (Jan-Sept)

Currently (birth year):

2016-17: '01's, anyone younger is playing up

Next year (school calendar year):

2017-18: '02's (Aug-Dec) & '01's (Jan-Sept), all '02's play up

The biggest difference would obviously be that your competition would have some degree of relative age advantage. Could it only be for high school aged OCL / OPL teams, where the relative age factor is diminished?

We'll see. I'll be interested to see if anything happens or changes.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Not gonna happen. Not sure who the source is on this one but it doesn't matter anyway. This isn't something TSC is talking about whatsoever. This is how rumors get started!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Hey 918soccer.

Hearing TSC making big announcement May 1st, true? Is announcement that TSC as a club is leaving OSA? Announcing TSC, 3 other OK clubs, Wichita Club, Springfield club and possibly Texas club going to form their own league under US Club?

Just asking because you seem to know all things TSC.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:17 pm

04eastside wrote:Hey 918soccer.

Hearing TSC making big announcement May 1st, true?  Is announcement that TSC as a club is leaving OSA?  Announcing TSC, 3 other OK clubs, Wichita Club,  Springfield club and possibly Texas club going to form their own league under US Club?

Just asking because you seem to know all things TSC.

I will answer this one... Yes. That is something that is being talked about. That is in line with why TSC won't be doing SRPL next year as well. I haven't heard if there is a specific date for announcing it yet? I heard that its TSC, WSA, NEOFC, Arkansas... Not sure who else.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 pm

I hear WSA, Norman, NEOFC, Southlakes and TSC were all discussing, as far as OK. Hearing WSA was only one still kinda undecided.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Either way that makes sense... I know OFC/Blitz will be playing themselves if that happens! I guess they could always play against Sheffield, Clinton, Nationals, Unity, CVFC, and Tri-Lakes... LOL
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by TSC010405 Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 pm

I have not heard anything about that. Any more information?

TSC010405

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm

The last post was pure speculation on my part. I'm certainly not trying to create any rumors. Like I said, it was mentioned very briefly and it's highly likely I misheard or misunderstood exactly what they were saying.

What I did hear was probably related to TSC possibly leaving OSA. What are the main benefits to that, less regulations and the ability to create custom leagues? Might be a benefit to TSC, but would Oklahoma soccer in general suffer from fracturing the in-state competition? I guess there's always tournaments.

Obviously, TSC will remain totally committed to ENCL, but how would such a move affect all the other TSC teams? No SRPL, and leaving OSA would mean no OCL / OPL either. Gonna be real interesting to see what league(s) they participate in under US Club.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 pm

If the rumors are true and the league actually materializes Oklahoma soccer could really suffer. I don't see a winner in this scenario. Blitz will be left with zero competetion and thus development will suffer. While TSC has ECNL if your DD is not playing ECNL and there is no SRPL it seems like all those players get shafted. Just my opinion and I dont know the details of the league.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:10 am

TSC will have ECNL for the first teams for 05s and up. The second teams will be Texas Champions League. The third teams will be who plays in this "new" league. Beyond that is unknown at the moment. I think we will all know more next week...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 am

My 2 cents...

OSA is not a well run organization and OPL is a weak attempt at a competitive soccer league. Soccer clubs in Oklahoma want and deserve better. I have not been privy to these discussions but what I have heard is pretty exciting and would be a significant improvement over OPL and SRPL.

To fully understand the importance of improving our leagues in Oklahoma, we have to understand how the competitive landscape is changing with the introduction of DA, DA2, boys ECNL, 05 ECNL, and pure age Composite. These additions mean fewer elite players and teams playing in local leagues and tournaments, so struggling leagues like OPL and SRPL will become even weaker. If nothing is done, competition and development in Oklahoma will drop even further behind progressive soccer markets in the region.

From what I understand, the new league was a collaborated effort by several of the prominent soccer clubs in the state to address this problem and create a competitive soccer climate that rivals the best in the region. I believe this is long overdue and will improve soccer for those who choose to take advantage of it. It won't for those who don't.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 pm

I wonder if the soccer clubs ever think about how much money this stuff cost parents? With boys ECNL coming I'm prolly gonna have to work till I'm 90. ECNL is much better than state ran USYS from a scheduling/competition stand point. However the travel stinks. Especially since their will 2 Colorado teams in the Texas conference.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

ECNL roster sizes are going to what now, 25 players? Those few extra players will likely be pulled from SRPL spots. Then the best remaining girls from whatever SRPL equivalent this new league comes up with will be placed in a player pool for the possibility of training and competing with the current ECNL teams.

Sounds like TSC is really placing an emphasis on the highest level of competition, putting more eggs in the ECNL basket. This is great if you're in or knocking on the door of ECNL level competition. Not quite sure how it's going to shake out for the rest of the club. One thing I can see happening in the 9th to 12th grade age groups is the OPL / SRPL talent line getting even more blurred. OCL level players might have to look for another club in the Tulsa area. Maybe.

What I do know is, my daughter is an OPL level player, and if she worked hard enough could probably compete in the SRPL. She's had some looks. It might sound a little crazy, but she knows a lot of girls through HS soccer and has played with several clubs, and one big turn-off for her at the SRPL and higher level is some of the girls aren't exactly that nice! According to her lol. So that's her preference I suppose, but I do know that I will be watching the tryouts / rosters closely, and if we think she's going to be on a team with girls who are there solely because they pay up, we'll have to consider our options (if for some reason she got squeezed down due to fewer teams or something). But we really don't want to move from TSC, so we'll just have to see how everything transitions.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 pm

BASoccer

If your club is not in USYS, then you cannot play in OCL, OPL, or SRPL. Just putting that out there to help you figure out the landscape going forward....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbadwolf Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Sounds like competetive soccer at TSC will become a money pit if teams are really going to increase roster sizes to that extent. There is no way players can get the touches they need to develope with rosters that large. Parents will really need to do their research in the next few months to determine what is truth and what is just rumor.

Bigbadwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:19 pm

BASoccer, TSC constantly works to improve all levels of soccer for their club, not just ECNL. This year, they have expanded their rec programs, national options, boys levels, regional programming, and now they are working with several of the largest clubs in the state to improve local leagues. Like TSC or hate them, you have to give them props for constantly working to improve programming in Tulsa.

Last edited by 918soccer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 pm

BTW, ECNL teams are not 25 players large, you might be thinking of DA. US Soccer might disagree with you Bigbadwol - DA teams are about that size. Also, Blitz is not cheaper than TSC for competitive soccer.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 am

bird04 wrote:BASoccer

If your club is not in USYS, then you cannot play in OCL, OPL, or SRPL. Just putting that out there to help you figure out the landscape going forward....

Yes, I realize that now. I knew about OCL / OPL & OSA, but didn't really know how SRPL was administrated.

918soccer wrote:BTW, ECNL teams are not 25 players large, you might be thinking of DA. US Soccer might disagree with you Bigbadwol - DA teams are about that size. Also, Blitz is not cheaper than TSC for competitive soccer.

Gotcha, it was DA I was thinking of.

918soccer wrote:BASoccer, TSC constantly works to improve all levels of soccer for their club, not just ECNL. This year, they have expanded their rec programs, national options, boys levels, regional programming, and now they are working with several of the largest clubs in the state to improve local leagues. Like TSC or hate them, you have to give them props for constantly working to improve programming in Tulsa.

If TSC can make changes for the better, I'm fine with trying something new. That said, of course I'll be looking out for my own first.

I do agree that OCL / OPL are somewhat lacking and improvements need to be made. I'm not as familiar with SRPL, other than knowing it's Region III teams.

I can see how it might be beneficial to align the entire organization under the US Club umbrella. From the clubs mentioned in this thread, it sounds like an SRPL equivalent team would have significantly less travel, and perhaps an OPL type team a little more.

But whatever....it's all speculation at this point. I'm definitely curious about the details if an announcement is imminent.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 pm

It is too bad that TSCH, Blitz and OFC can't work together to make OSA better.  All this does is hurt Oklahoma soccer.  Crying or Very sad

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Also, I didn't think about it before, but leaving OSA would also mean no more State or Presidents Cup tournaments. I'm sure there would be a replacement of some kind.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorade95 Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Based on what I heard, TSCH along with two other local Tulsa clubs and two OKC local clubs leaving OSA is a done deal and could be announced next week. I have heard this now from 4 different sources. TSCH and OFC will never play nice with each other.

Gatorade95

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverPlayedSoccer Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:51 am

Wow, this is all crazy. I have no idea where my daughter's team will be playing in the fall. Guess there will be a lot of scrambling...

NeverPlayedSoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Bonosfan Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 pm

What are the 2 okc clubs that are leaving?
04Bonosfan
04Bonosfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next