Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
DA's impact on tournaments Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DA's impact on tournaments

2 posters

Go down

DA's impact on tournaments Empty DA's impact on tournaments

Post by 918soccer Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:28 pm

If anyone was wondering how much DA would impact tournament quality in our region, look no further than the Plano Invitational. This tournament used to be one of the highest level tournaments in TX and a virtual who's who of the top teams in the region. Looking at this year's teams, that is no longer the case. As you can see from the 2016 and 2017 05 team lists below, last year's 05 teams were mostly comprised of the top 10 teams in NTX but this year's 05 teams are far from the top of the rankings. With the exception of 05 Selecao, which I believe could be his jdl team and not his ECNL team, OK Energy and Southlakes Cosmos are the highest ranked 05 teams in the tournament.

There used to be 4-5 tournaments in TX where you could play many of the top teams in the country but that is no longer the case. DA and ECNL are changing where top teams play and I think it's going to be harder and harder to play the best teams if you are not in one of those 2 leagues.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=52601&GroupID=529749

https://events.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.aspx?eventid=59863

Last edited by 918soccer on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

918soccer

Back to top Go down

DA's impact on tournaments Empty Re: DA's impact on tournaments

Post by SSD2004 Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 pm

This has gotten a lot of conversation around my daughter's team the past week or so.  The level of competition available has definitely went down; and that's not even including teams left over that may have lost a key player or two to DA; Dallas teams specifically.  

I used the terminology "left behind" last week to describe the feeling.  There are players out there that are DA level but get shut out due to being attached to smaller clubs or being in the wrong part of the country.

My daughter's choices are to: go find a team 2-3 hours away OR hope her team can get enough exposure in showcase tourneys to overcome lack of frequent DA/ECNL exposure.  It is definitely a quandry.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down