Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Top 5 04 girls teams Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top 5 04 girls teams

+23
FUBAR
sooner5
cosmos04
TSCSOCCERDAD
longball
Tar Heel
hat-trick
oksoccer
letthekidsplay
Rico S
ENERGYFC04
Worst Case Soccer Parent
fanaticdad03
t-town05
soccerdadx2
rainbow1968
Trojan
bird04
Sparky
soccerschmuck
Gunners006
05GKdad_Tulsa
bulldawgs
27 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Top 5 04 girls teams Empty Top 5 04 girls teams

Post by bulldawgs Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:48 pm

I admit having limited first-hand experience with most of these teams and with the move to competitive, this list could be way off. But since things are staying slow on here, I thought a ranking might help things pick up. Feel free to add to or correct my list/info.

1. TSC Kitterman - Was the best team last year. I read on here they picked up some girls from other TSC teams so I will assume they are improved and still the King.
2. OFC - Assuming they are a mix of NOKC and ESC girls, they should be really good. I guess we will see in 2 weeks.
3. TSC Winters - They were in the mix for #1 last year so they should be near the top. If they run the table at Beat the Heat, they could be the #1 team.
4. Blitz top team - They had 2 wins over Kitterman, but rumor has it they had some 03s playing. A good run at Beat the Heat could move them up the list. Did Blitz pick-up anyone this summer?
5. .... who fits here???

Beat the Heat and league games will give a better picture. But why wait???

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Top 5 04 girls teams Empty Re: Top 5 04 girls teams

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 am

I agree with your teams but not the numbering...
It's awfully hard to seed OFC team number two sight unseen. It takes a while for teams to gel and that's why I'd place them 4th. By the end of the fall I can definitely see them climbing up the ladder. I just want to wait until they played a few games first.

As for 5th, is really a crapshoot at this time between OFC 04 white, TSC Amos, SLSC, NYSA.

I believe that OFC 04 white & TSC Amos are planning to play 8v8 for most of the season.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners006 Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:08 pm

I like what both of you are saying, we will see in another week at beat the heat and then get a real good show if most top teams go down to Plano. These two tournaments should tell us where teams are truly at!!!

Gunners006

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:18 am

looks like from current beat the heat flights we will not get to see much between the top oklahoma teams. ofc and tsc winters in same bracket as very good ntx team with tsc kitterman and blitz now playing up in 03 gold and silver. looks like opl will be where things get sorted out.
i would agree with 05soccerdads list with cosmos at 5. ofc should be pretty good but as far as i know this will be their first 11v11 games so it might take them a few. by the end of fall the battle will be between kitterman and ofc for top spot.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:03 am

Where has this great OFC team been all these seasons. If they are so strong why haven't we heard more or seen them at tournaments? Don't overlook TSC Winters. That team has some talented players that often get overlooked. Should be an interesting season. I would have the teams ranked the following way:
1. Kitterman
2. Winters
3. Blitz
4. OFC ( just don't know enough about them)
5. ?

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Sparky wrote:Where has this great OFC team been all these seasons.  If they are so strong why haven't we heard more or seen them at tournaments?  Don't overlook TSC Winters.  That team has some talented players that often get overlooked.  Should be an interesting season.  I would have the teams ranked the following way:  
1. Kitterman
2. Winters
3. Blitz
4. OFC ( just don't know enough about them)
5. ?

OFC is the competitive club drawing girls and boys from ESC and NOKC. They do not form teams under the OFC name until U11. I believe the OFC team mentioned above draws the majority of its girls from ESC and NOKC teams.

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:27 pm

WOW!!! What a concept- Having a real tryout and placing the best players on one team. It's hard to believe Blitz and TSC didn't think of that.

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Agree with 05soccerdad on his rankings. Beat the heat won't answer any questions, but OPL should. Whould be a fun fall with plenty of controversy to keep it livley! Smile 

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Though I predict that Blitz will move up above Winters by the end of the season...very close, though...Winters has had that team psyched out for a long time! Laughing 

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Trojan Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Anyone know what the score of Winters 04 vs Sting West 04 game?

Trojan

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Tie 2-2 is what I heard from Sting parent.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:36 pm

That's what I heard. Did they play Amos, too? Kitterman won against them 5-1. I also heard that that Sting team lost 2 weeks ago to DT Scott 1-0, which implies a pretty good showing for the TSC teams. For what it's worth....!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow1968 Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Amos lost 0 - 4. Gave up 2 goals in the first 3 mins then hung in better but not really ready yet to be able to compete with Sting West. Could not keep up with one player that was just too fast and scored 3 of the 4 goals.

rainbow1968

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks...I thought they'd played, but hadn't heard anything....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadx2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:49 pm

OFC 04 will have a good team but I agree with the others it will take them time to gel and figure things out. Beat the Heat will be the first 11 v 11 games for this team. We will know for sure about the them by the end of fall after they have played together for a while.

soccerdadx2

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgs Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Any truth to the rumor Blitz 04 made a big pick-up this week? Heard she came over from TSC.

bulldawgs

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Yes, heard the same thing. I think Carreno team going through a rough spot....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Rumor is confirmed. But Carreno 05s will be fine. I do agree they lost a talented player they have a lot of talent above and below the girl that left. They have a large pool to pull from, I am sure the hole will be filled.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:50 pm

After a couple tournaments down and OPL about to start, here is my Top 5

1. TSC Kitterman
2. OFC (could beat out Kitterman by end of OPL for top spot)
3. Blitz
4. TSC Winters
5. Southlake Cosmos (may move above Winters by seasons end)

Looks like it will be a good league and it all starts this coming weekend!

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by fanaticdad03 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Saw almost all these teams at beat the heat and Plano. Right now my rankings would be:

1. TSC Kitterman - still hard to judge them. At plano did not fair well against top 04 NTX teams and seemed to pack the box in. Interested to see how midfield develops and ability to possess the ball. Defense is rock solid. Their forwards should fare well against Oklahoma competition.
2. Blitz (by a hair) - going off reputation and from what a parent told me they tied Kitterman last year. I didn't get to catch them at Beat the Heat.

*after watching Plano OFC and SLSC constrast in styles would be a coin flip.

3a. OFC - not sure what to think about this team. Looked horrible at beat the heat and fouled a lot. Lack of 11 v 11 play showed. At plano looked much better. They have huge problems at goalie, defensive line is great, not sure about midfield and strikers. All goals seem to be scored within 3 ft of goal with muscle. I know they got at least 1 yellow card in finals at Plano and one parent told me they had two. Extremely physical team. Intersted to see if they can transform into a team that can pass the ball.
3b. SLSC - biggest surprise for me at Plano. Dynamic midfield and strong centerbacks. Fullbacks struggled against speed and forwards struggled to do much of anything in two games I saw. Maybe the fastest team in state with their midfield. They have a new coach from the last time I saw them and their passing is much better but lack physicality. Will be interested to see how they stack up against physical play.

4. TSC Winters - looked slow for 11 v 11. I can see how they had success at 8 v 8 due to their size but seemed to lack speed and midfield. I expected much better from this team. Maybe its the lack of 11 v 11. Maybe it was an early season aberration but we will see.

fanaticdad03

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadx2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:05 pm

After Beat the Heat, Plano and 1st week of OPL, I would rank the following way as of this week. However, I do believe this order will change by seasons end as the teams play more 11v11 games.

1. TSC Kitterman
2. OFC
3. Blitz
4. Southlakes
5. TSC Winters
This is going to be very fun and competitive league between top 5 teams,
Everyone else should be playing 8v8!

soccerdadx2

Back to top Go down

Post by fanaticdad03 Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:13 pm

I agree with soccerdadx2 rankings after week 1. The big unknown to me is style of play and how that translates into the spring. I expect the east side to win out in the fall but by spring OFC and Southlakes could feasibly overtake them as they get more 11 v 11 playing experience.

After seeing OFC Kitterman draw this weekend it looks like OFC is very strong defensively even though Kitterman possessed the ball the majority of the game. If OFC's midfield can step up their game and possession they could be tough. I'm curious how the Blitz team looked against Kitterman. Also, a parent told me Kitterman only has 13 on the roster. Are they using player passes to fill out their roster?

I have trouble understanding why Clinton and Arsenal are playing 11 v 11. They are going to take a thumping all year.

Why is Clinton and Arsenal even playing?

fanaticdad03

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:38 pm

After week #1, I would also agree with soccerdadx2. It will be fun to watch how the top five teams play out this year. I think you will see some teams jockey back and forth for positions throughout the year but by State Cup my bet is it will be TSC Kitterman or OFC.

However this age group will end up like about all the others do. By U13 the top two teams will be TSC and OFC for sure. History shows, It pretty much happens in every age group. Sooner or later the top girls in Tulsa will migrate to TSC top team and the top girls from OKC metro will move to OFC. But for the next couple of years until this plays out there will be some good battles. The biggest question will be wether TSC or OFC has the best team couple of years from now.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by fanaticdad03 Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:44 pm

That's why it would make Oklahoma soccer more fun if Norman and Southlakes would combine competitive. Numbers would be the same as OFC I believe and 01 - 05 would be deep and very competitive.

fanaticdad03

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:03 pm

The problem is though if you want to compete for anything that matters outside of State Cup, you need pretty much all the girls from oklahoma on one team. That will not happen anymore becasue of TSC going ECNL. TSC will compete on a National stage now starting at U14. If the girls on the westside want to compete on a National stage then they all need to go to OFC, so you can be competitive at Regionals, PLW and other Regional leagues, and the NAtional League like OFc's 2001 team. This will be the only way the top girls will get to play top competition in front of the top college coaches to be seen.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next