Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Who all is trying out for ECNL??? Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who all is trying out for ECNL???

+11
The Soccer 1%
That Annoying Itch
Oakie75
cosmos04
Blameitontheref
Rainbow
04eastside
bird04
Big Red
ENERGYFC04
Yellowcard
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who all is trying out for ECNL??? Empty Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Any Ideas how many of the age pure 03's from the current teams will try or make ECNL? Is the fall back SRPL???
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Who all is trying out for ECNL??? Empty Re: Who all is trying out for ECNL???

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Ok another question... Anyone have any idea how many they might take from each of the current teams? 04 teams and 03 teams included...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Most likely 4 from current 04s and the remainder from the 03s.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Are the 4 you mention all true age 03 players or do you include 04s playing up? I ask because I was told that the top players on Griffin were mostly true age 04s.

Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Big Red wrote:Are the 4 you mention all true age 03 players or do you include 04s playing up? I ask because I was told that the top players on Griffin were mostly true age 04s.
I keep hearing from a source that the top players on Griffin team are 03s.  So who knows the truth.   Rumor has it they will probably have 1-2 from Griffin and 1-2 from Parker who are true age 03s.  The remainder of the team we be comprised of 03s from TSC's current 03 rosters.

I suspect those who don't make it may head over to Blitz and/or just play in OPL.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:49 pm

That's what I was wondering? Seems like the true age 03s on the Griffin team might have a good chance and maybe 1-2 on Parker's team. Not sure out of the current 03 teams how many there are that would make the cut? Sounds like SRPL might be a great option for the leftovers since it would technically be the 2nd team. Also, not sure what the Blitz 03 landscape will look like either...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Yellowcard wrote:That's what I was wondering?  Seems like the true age 03s on the Griffin team might have a good chance and maybe 1-2 on Parker's team.  Not sure out of the current 03 teams how many there are that would make the cut?  Sounds like SRPL might be a great option for the leftovers since it would technically be the 2nd team.  Also, not sure what the Blitz 03 landscape will look like either...
I keep hearing the 03s at TSC are deep in the current 03 rostered teams. My source sees a max of 4 players from the current TSC 04 Roster(s) and actually believes it could wind up an even split between parker and griffin with 1 or 2 coming from each team. I know this will stun some Griffin parents but kids simply develop on different paths.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:56 pm

I think the Griffin parents will definitely be stunned if they only have 1-2... I don't have any inside info but have heard they think there isn't anyone in the 03 group stronger than what they currently have! It makes you wonder how that will make them feel going from multiple year top team to possibly 2nd tier... I see some hurt feelings!
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 pm

I think many TSC August - December birthdays parents hopes and dreams will be crushed next year.  For the  first time its a question if they will make the top team.  If they make the top team its a question if they will play the position they have always played.  If they play the position its a question of playing time.  

It will be interesting to see how those parents and thus their kids adapt when they are no longer the biggest and fastest.   I suspect you will see kids who haven't been the biggest and fastest but are now the oldest start to have success because they had to rely on skills to play not just size and speed.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm

I couldn't agree more with that... ECNL wouldn't be the place you want to be if you didn't get much play time... And that can be expected with the sub rules. If you aren't going to get to play it would be a huge waste of money just to say your kid is on the top team! I still imagine some will do it just for the bragging rights!!! But this will also be the first time that many of these kids will have to really try out for a team with minimum politics...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I couldn't agree more with that...  ECNL wouldn't be the place you want to be if you didn't get much play time...  And that can be expected with the sub rules.  If you aren't going to get to play it would be a huge waste of money just to say your kid is on the top team!  I still imagine some will do it just for the bragging rights!!!  But this will also be the first time that many of these kids will have to really try out for a team with minimum politics...
Agreed. In the age pure practice sessions i think several parents have been amazed that their big and fast child all of a sudden looks very average in size and speed. Just a hunch, but i could see some second team kids or kids who looked very average cause they were smaller with the current age groups all of a sudden standing out as they are no longer the smaller ones.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

That could very well be the case ... The current 03s might have a chance to shine. I couldn't imagine there would be any true 04s that would go up and play 03 ECNL ...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:08 pm

I've heard, from previously reliable sources...so I tend to believe them now...That a majority of Beattie's TA 03's should make it, most, if not all, Griffin TA 03's make it, 1 for sure from Parker..maybe one more...a couple from Williams and Banham and one from Sharp. Maybe all BS...who knows? There may be girls who we think will make it from any or all of these squads that aren't interested in or can't afford ECNL. Will be interesting to see what happens. I'm sure that all the coaches will be getting together and trying to make the right placement and that it certainly won't be solely from AGT sessions! That will only be one factor, IMHO. That seems to be the feel for this tryout season so far.
I would take issue with a few points in the "give and take" between Yellowcard and ENERGYFC04 above. The skill versus size argument sounds good on paper, and there probably will be some players that now stand out once they are put on the right and top team. However, speed of play (not just speed...different thing!) and judgement on the field are something only acquired after a long time of playing with girls of the same caliber. Many of the girls that will come over from the non-Beattie 03 teams at TSC will not have played and practiced year over year with same caliber players and will take some time to get up to speed in these areas, among others. So playing time probably won't be an issue for many or even any of the Griffin girls that make the ECNL squad. At least not for a while. A year later, very possible.
I also disagree with the "trying out for the first time with a minimal of politics"...on two levels! One, there is ALWAYS politics! And two, last years selection of Kitterman's team as the top team with some Parker girls joining us was the right decision based on head to head competition over many years and State Cup results and the girls' abilities at that time. They had earned their places on Griffin's team. In fact, last year was the least amount of politics (I'm not saying none!) that I've seen in a long time...the year before was VERY political...trust me on that one! Hopefully, it will continue to be relatively low in political levels for this year. IF Griffin wins State Cup (and I do mean IF...they are 12 year old girls, after all, and everyone will be playing hard...), then once again I would think it would be hard pressed for the incoming 03 ECNL coach to NOT take as his starting core the 03 Beattie girls (also likely State Cup winners) and the 03 Griffin girls and fill in from there. But then again, who knows? That's what makes this board fun...rank speculation!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Yellowcard wrote:That could very well be the case ...  The current 03s might have a chance to shine.  I couldn't imagine there would be any true 04s that would go up and play 03 ECNL ...

I can think of at least 2 right off the top of my head from Griffin.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:14 pm

bird04 wrote:I've heard, from previously reliable sources...so I tend to believe them now...That a majority of Beattie's TA 03's should make it, most, if not all,  Griffin TA 03's make it, 1 for sure from Parker..maybe one more...a couple from Williams and Banham and one from Sharp. Maybe all BS...who knows?  There may be girls who we think will make it from any or all of these squads that aren't interested in or can't afford ECNL. Will be interesting to see what happens. I'm sure that all the coaches will be getting together and trying to make the right placement and that it certainly won't be solely from AGT sessions! That will only be one factor, IMHO.  That seems to be the feel for this tryout season so far.
I would take issue with a few points in the "give and take" between Yellowcard and ENERGYFC04 above. The skill versus size argument sounds good on paper, and there probably will be some players that now stand out once they are put on the right and top team. However, speed of play (not just speed...different thing!) and judgement on the field are something only acquired after a long time of playing with girls of the same caliber. Many of the girls that will come over from the non-Beattie 03 teams at TSC will not have played and practiced year over year with same caliber players and will take some time to get up to speed in these areas, among others. So playing time probably won't be an issue for many or even any of the Griffin girls that make the ECNL squad. At least not for a while. A year later, very possible.
I also disagree with the "trying out for the first time with a minimal of politics"...on two levels! One, there is ALWAYS politics! And two, last years selection of Kitterman's team as the top team with some Parker girls joining us was the right decision based on head to head competition over many years and State Cup results and the girls' abilities at that time. They had earned their places on Griffin's team. In fact, last year was the least amount of politics (I'm not saying none!) that I've seen in a long time...the year before was VERY political...trust me on that one! Hopefully, it will continue to be relatively low in political levels for this year. IF Griffin wins State Cup (and I do mean IF...they are 12 year old girls, after all, and everyone will be playing hard...), then once again I would think it would be hard pressed for the incoming 03 ECNL coach to NOT take as his starting core the 03 Beattie girls (also likely State Cup winners) and the 03 Griffin girls and fill in from there. But then again, who knows? That's what makes this board fun...rank speculation!

Bird04:

Here is the only thing i'm curious about. You mention "speed of play (not just speed...different thing!) and judgement on the field are something only acquired after a long time of playing with girls of the same caliber...playing time probably won't be an issue for many or even any of the Griffin girls that make the ECNL squad." What i'm curious about is whether that is fair characterization of the Griffin girls as they have obviously been playing inferior competition in OCL and second tier OPL (we can discuss OSAs stupidity in that at a different time). Now, it can be agreed that some of the speed of play comes through practice but one could argue that this year alone Griffin has not seen competition that could increase their and/or make their speed of play better. That competition has been intermittent through a few tournaments at best. Anyway, don't disagree with much but...

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Sorry did I say would? I meant "could"...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Sorry did I say would?  I meant "could"...  

Thx for clarification!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:26 pm

ENERGYFC04 wrote:
bird04 wrote:I've heard, from previously reliable sources...so I tend to believe them now...That a majority of Beattie's TA 03's should make it, most, if not all,  Griffin TA 03's make it, 1 for sure from Parker..maybe one more...a couple from Williams and Banham and one from Sharp. Maybe all BS...who knows?  There may be girls who we think will make it from any or all of these squads that aren't interested in or can't afford ECNL. Will be interesting to see what happens. I'm sure that all the coaches will be getting together and trying to make the right placement and that it certainly won't be solely from AGT sessions! That will only be one factor, IMHO.  That seems to be the feel for this tryout season so far.

Bird04:

Here is the only thing i'm curious about.  You mention "speed of play (not just speed...different thing!) and judgement on the field are something only acquired after a long time of playing with girls of the same caliber...playing time probably won't be an issue for many or even any of the Griffin girls that make the ECNL squad."   What i'm curious about is whether that is fair characterization of the Griffin girls as they have obviously been playing inferior competition in OCL and second tier OPL (we can discuss OSAs stupidity in that at a different time).   Now, it can be agreed that some of the speed of play comes through practice but one could argue that this year alone Griffin has not seen competition that could increase their and/or make their speed of play better.  That competition has been intermittent through a few tournaments at best.  Anyway, don't disagree with much but...
That IS a concern on our side of the field...However, when we do enter tournaments, we have generally done well...but obviously not as well as in the past. So it probably has hurt a bit. I guess that I should've put more emphasis on the practicing with top level girls on your own team twice a week as something that helps "speed of play" and such....State Cup will answer these questions, hopefully...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 pm

I think the true age 03s on Griffin could make top 03 true age team and I think there is more than 4. I also believe there are couple true age 04s on Griffin could play and heavily contribute to a 03 team.

If i were a Griffin 03 parent i would not be heavily concerned about my 03 daughter if she's a consistent starter on that team now. That player will end up in a good spot.

However, i WOULD be concerned if i were a true age 03 Parker parent(i agree with bird 04, with the exception of MAYBE 1). Especially IF I've been told the last year or two my daughter would have opportunities with top team, as rules are constituted now, and it didn't happen. Should that same parent truly believe their chances are greater with true age?

Who knows. Some parents can be told by a club, even though it's noon, the sun has gone down and the moon and stars are out and they choose to believe it. Even when there is CLEAR evidence to the contrary.

Hopefully all of us can do a true assessment of our child and do what's best for them and include "what history tells us" when making a decision.

Our jobs can't promise us a promotion we feel we've earned year after year after year and not give it to us, without us finding another job. Why would you ALLOW that to happen to your child?

This is the YEAR, if ever, for EVERYONE to take advantage and ignore the noise and TRULY get your child in the best situation. Because everyone's team and likely Coach, are changing.

I also agree politics are part of it. However, i think politics are HEAVY when your daughter is NOT considered to be a top player by the person that matters, the coach. Politics are still involved to a degree when your daughter is top player, just not nearly as heavy.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:45 pm

When you say the majority of Beattie's 03's are you saying that the Griffin 03's should come in ahead of them? Also, I'm not sure about the Williams, Banham, and Sharp teams but do you really think they have any players that could go ECNL? I have seen them play and I can't think of any positions that stand out or heard of any...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm not saying griffins 03s will fall ahead of Beatties, but i am saying they'll make the team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't Griffin beat all the TSC 03 teams except Beattie? Keep in mind they're don't out with 03s and 04s while the 03s are playing with 03s and 02s. I'm not a TSC parent and not in the TSC circle, so i could definitely be wrong.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 pm

No but that's kind of how it sounded from Bird04... I have heard they have beaten them all but I have also heard they have been beaten by some of them just as many times if not more. Not to mention I heard from a friend that the Williams team played SRPL this Spring and used some guest players... How many Griffin players have played up with Beattie or Williams? I'm not sure? Banham and Sharp... I don't see it.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:09 am

I think one regularly and another two sporadically. I know of a Parker player who guest played with them all season and was trying to join them and leave Parker mid-season, but that didn't work out, or so I've heard. So quite a few guests of the 03 variety on Williams, with unexciting results for the SRPL season, to say the least. So, to me, that actually puts Williams 03's at the same place as Banham's with regard to ECNL.

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:45 am

I never heard of any guesting with Beattie? I only heard one Griffin player that has guested with Williams along with the Parker player but my source told me it was only a couple games and I know for sure of 3 Beattie players that guested with them most of the season. From what I heard the Parker and Griffin guests were non factors... But the Beattie girls made a slight difference. So I looked at the record and it seems like Williams might have held there own where the goals against are concerned but as for scoring they couldn't get it done? I know very little about their team or Banhams team but it seems like they probably played the toughest competition the country has to offer looking at the league? So you may have it right? Griffin might have done better in that league... But I hear they are back and forth every time they have played each other? Again I heard this so it could be bs...
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:46 am

Been a year or so since Banham beat us, I think... may be wrong on that...But pretty sure I'm right...Beattie never really needed guests that much...

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next