Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
new rankings Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

new rankings

+25
Gkc19
bulldawgs
forfisher
Tar Heel
ENERGYFC04
Stump
soccerdadx2
Trojan
FUBAR
oksoccer
Roughneck04
05GKdad_Tulsa
soccerschmuck
04eastside
OFC04DAD
t-town05
TSCSOCCERDAD
Rico S
upper90
yoyokix
SSD2004
archer
Sparky
bird04
cosmos04
29 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

new rankings Empty new rankings

Post by cosmos04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Kittermen
Blitz
Ofc
Winters
Slsc
Arsenal
Fusion

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

new rankings Empty Re: new rankings

Post by bird04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm curious as to your reasoning (not disagreeing, but puzzled)...you guys lost to Winters and beat Blitz, but have Blitz above Winters?

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:00 pm

And, Blitz lost to Winters. Seems it would be the other way around, at this point in the season....

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Well after playing both teams, whitch I think both teams are great but think blitz is very fast and skilled. I think by spring they could be in the top spot, allow them 05 they picked up time to get adjusted to 11v11 and a new team. I really like the way they play.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:21 pm

It's a very competitive league and I hope continues to only get better. I would agree at this point with kitterman at the top and cosmos at 5, but I would say its a three way tie for second since they have all beat each other. Goal differential doesn't even really help right now. If I had to rank them now I would go Winters, Blitz, and then OFC.

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Sound about right bird04

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Blitz is the "best team" I have seen thus far.......excited to see OFC and Kitterman.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm

1-4 seem pretty even, they have all either tied or lost by 1 goal. It's possible that all of those games could have gone either way... not sure why kitterman keeps getting the top spot with a loss and a tie against the top teams (esp with 2 losses to blitz last spring) but maybe it makes the other teams work hard to prove them otherwise - sure makes for a fun season!

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokix Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:45 pm

CORRECTION: meant to say kitterman has a win (1-0) and a tie against the top teams. They haven't played winters yet.

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

Post by upper90 Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:08 am

Spot one & two Kitterman & Winters depending on the day of the week. What I have heard Winters seems to have the momentum & undeniable team chemistry (if you find your self scratching your head just watch the interaction between their goalie & sweeper... Undeniable)
Kitterman has top to bottom great athletes & dedication to intense & aggressive soccer game but so much roster changes over the past year is just not a good omen) time will tell

3.Blitz
4.OFC b/c Rugby is not soccer & last time I watched pro soccer match it wasn't arms locked foul after foul.... Physical & aggressive yes but it takes much more than rugby style soccer to impress me! For example passing ect... Not saying OFC doesn't pass just offering a basic example... If you get a chance to watch OFC 04 boys team you will understand what I am referencing ball movement speed & athletes one & all.
5.SL Cosmos
6.Arsenel
7.Blitz Navy
8.clinton fusion

upper90

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmos04 Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Just out of curiosity upper90 ofc has beat winters twice in the last 6 weeks, rugby or not I think there better than winters.

cosmos04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:07 pm

upper90 wrote:
4.OFC b/c Rugby is not soccer & last time I watched pro soccer match it wasn't arms locked foul after foul.... Physical & aggressive yes but it takes much more than rugby style soccer to impress me!

A bit off topic....but I will opine anyway.  While I admit I have not seen OFC 04 play, I have seen many of the OFC girls teams play over the past several years and it seems that a very common characteristic of those teams is "overly" aggressive and physical play--often times flat out dirty.  I'm not talking about good tough play...I understand that that is a key component to overall success, but I am talking about over the top, going after the player type play.   I have often wondered if there is some sort of push at a club level to stress the physical side of the game.  I just don't see this consistent theme at other clubs.  (of course, my sample size isn't enormous).

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Rico S wrote:
upper90 wrote:
4.OFC b/c Rugby is not soccer & last time I watched pro soccer match it wasn't arms locked foul after foul.... Physical & aggressive yes but it takes much more than rugby style soccer to impress me!

A bit off topic....but I will opine anyway.  While I admit I have not seen OFC 04 play, I have seen many of the OFC girls teams play over the past several years and it seems that a very common characteristic of those teams is "overly" aggressive and physical play--often times flat out dirty.  I'm not talking about good tough play...I understand that that is a key component to overall success, but I am talking about over the top, going after the player type play.   I have often wondered if there is some sort of push at a club level to stress the physical side of the game.  I just don't see this consistent theme at other clubs.  (of course, my sample size isn't enormous).

Agreed. Sorry, but that's been my experience, too. Don't see it on the boys side when I've watched 'em play. So most likely a coaching level thing. Parents are a mess, too, for most of the teams I've seen, though I can't say that about the 04 Girls team's parents, so that's good!

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico S Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:55 pm

bird04 wrote:
Rico S wrote:
upper90 wrote:
Parents are a mess, too, for most of the teams I've seen, though I can't say that about the 04 Girls team's parents, so that's good!

Yes.  I've noticed that too.  But I think TSC's parents are a flippin mess too!!  Especially 04s. Very Happy

Rico S

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Agreed on that, but in a different way! Razz

bird04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Is there only one way to play soccer? If being overly physical is your advantage shouldn't you play to that? Are the refs just not calling anything? Is OFC to the very last girl overly aggressive or just a few? I've only seen OFC play once and didn't get an overly aggressive vibe. Maybe they're paying the refs to not call anything? Learn how to pass and play fast. That's how you beat overly aggressive teams. Also, if you think the top Texas teams won't pull your jersey or slam into you then don't venture south.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:09 pm

TSCSOCCERDAD wrote:Is there only one way to play soccer? If being overly physical is your advantage shouldn't you play to that? Are the refs just not calling anything? Is OFC to the very last girl overly aggressive or just a few? I've only seen OFC play once and didn't get an overly aggressive vibe. Maybe they're paying the refs to not call anything? Learn how to pass and play fast. That's how you beat overly aggressive teams. Also, if you think the top Texas teams won't pull your jersey or slam into you then don't venture south.

Absolutely! You should play to your strengths and as long as it is not dirty you play as physical as you can within the confines of what the refs deem acceptable. What will be interesting to me is that if that is a good long term strategy? As teams get faster you can find yourself obsolete very quickly unless you have the flexbility to change styles on the fly.

That's not a specific statement towards OFC, just in general.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by t-town05 Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:21 pm

I have only seen OFC once. But I did not think they played dirty in any way. They did play fast and physical but not dirty.
t-town05
t-town05

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks t town. I think the brut rugby and dirty shots are coming from softer teams anyway. They see it a rugby. The more advanced teams call it playing hard.
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by OFC04DAD Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Yes it takes no skill to tie kitterman. Which everyone claims to be #1
OFC04DAD
OFC04DAD

Back to top Go down

Post by 04eastside Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm

IMO, the best thing to do is make sure our individual daughters are mentally and physically tough, regardless of style of play. Like I tell my daughter, she can't control how a ref chooses to call a game. Can't control how anther team chooses to play. We all can agree, our daughters will encounter "dirty and/or" really aggressive teams in their soccer life. I have accepted that as a part of sports, not just soccer. "Dirty" play a lot of times, not all the time, is perception and opinion anyway, not fact. I am going to do my best to assist my daughter and her coach to make sure it is A FACT that my daughter is one of the toughest and better soccer players when she steps on the field. I think all of us should make sure our daughters are "in spite of" players and not a "because of" player. That will make Oklahoma soccer a lot better.

04eastside

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerschmuck Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:51 pm

My new rankings as of today. With top five beating up on each other all season this will change about fifteen times between now and state cup:
1. Kitterman
2. OFC
3. Blitz
4. Winters
5. Cosmos
6. Doesn't matter

I have seen OFC play twice now in Tulsa with Tulsa refs. They are very physical and rough but calling them dirty is ridiculous and sounds like whining. They pretty much played to what ref was calling. If you go watch a DI game you will see that those girls are unbelievbly rough and physical with skills.

soccerschmuck

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:52 pm

1. TSC Kittermen
2-4. Blitz, OFC, TSC Winters - pick an order, as they all beat each other
5. SLSC - haven't seen them yet, but am impressed they beat Blitz away
6. TSC Amos - I think this team beats the other 3 11v11 teams & might be able to tie w/ SLSC
7. NYSA - ditto
8. OK Arsenal
9. Blitz Navy (old OCC)
10. NEOFC

I believe that until Kitterman is beaten by an 04 OK team they are still #1. They do need to start getting some games in though, as they won't have played for 3.5 weeks before Blitz tournament (which I assume, but have no idea if, they are playing)

Hard physical play is going to become more prevalent as our DDs get older. the girls (& us parents) better get ready for it.
05GKdad_Tulsa
05GKdad_Tulsa

Back to top Go down

Post by TSCSOCCERDAD Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:17 pm

1. Winters
2. OFC
3. SLSC
4. Kitterman
5. Blitz

Wait! Thats the current OPL standings. Kitterman has 2 less games so may move up.

TSCSOCCERDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by archer Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 pm

1. Kitterman
2. OFC
3. Blitz
4. Winters
5. Cosmos I agree with soccerschmuck

OFC does play a very physical game when they have to. I would ask, is the game too hard, or is your team too soft to compete at this level. It is only going to get more physical as they get older. If this level is too much, maybe try local rec. their are a lot of softer teams they can play. As for the parents who wish to play competitive soccer we have two clubs in Tulsa that would love to have you. Stop crying and get on with the game.

archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next