Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
Changes coming to TSC? - Page 8 Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Changes coming to TSC?

+17
TSC010405
SSD2004
04eastside
soccerdadx2
Yellowcard
918soccer
BASoccer
ENERGYFC04
El Tarjeta Rojo
populista
phil_weston
FootballDad05
NeverPlayedSoccer
04Bonosfan
bird04
TSCSOCCERDAD
Bigbadwolf
21 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Changes coming to TSC? - Page 8 Empty Re: Changes coming to TSC?

Post by The Soccer 1% Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Bigbadwolf wrote:The CPP should be used to bring developing players from a lower team up not bring higher level players down for the sole purpose of bagging a victory.  
I agree with you 100%. As you describe it is the exception and not the rule. In the small clubs we sometimes have to use them to get enough warm bodies. I think the rule should be that you can't go down in "class" at all. You can go up but only for a % of games. From my view, sadly, I don't recall ever clearly seeing it be used the way it's designed - to actually "develop" players. It was used to either fill in gaps (like us) or to make the other team stronger.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by ENERGYFC04 Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Good posts. Again, i can't fathom the sunshine club pumping. Even if your the 1%, there are certain coaches, clubs and atmospheres that are right for your kid.

Some coaches teach and play a very direct stye. Some run a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 etc. You could have Club A and Club B that are equal and always play competitive games. However, coaching and style are different.

Prime example, local coach in 03 age group i heard yelling and calling a kid an idiot. I can assure you my kid would NEVER play for that guy. Now you can yell and hold them accountable but certain terms are a no go for me. For others, it may be okay. Some coaches teach a more possession style while others teach more direct. Depending on your kid one may be more fitting than the other.

In other words. Look for the right fit for your kid in terms of coaching and style. Watch that team play before committing to them versus simply buying into what is often false promises by the coach.

ENERGYFC04

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Bigbadwolf wrote:The CPP should be used to bring developing players from a lower team up not bring higher level players down for the sole purpose of bagging a victory.  

Yeah, that happened to us in the Lexus Cup. Lost to a TSC team who brought about 5 or 6 regional players down to play in an OPL / top OCL bracket. Kind of pathetic, honestly.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Moving on from TSC was a good move for my daughter, coach and team-wise.

Not really happy about the current split in Oklahoma soccer, however. I get the feeling TSC would love to carve up the rest of Blitz and absorb their pool of players. That is just bad for Tulsa soccer, IMO. Too many teams in one age group at one club is not a good thing, at least in my experience. You could probably say the same for OFC. As far as OK Energy goes, it's a merger in name only. Every club has issues with politics, that's just life, but the more people involved the more it seems to present itself.

I had 2 coaches at TSC try and place my kid on another team because they thought she would benefit from playing on a better squad, and that she needed to be a step up. These two instances were separate situations at different times. I never came to them requesting or demanding anything. The end result? One coach said no thanks I have enough (15 man roster) and another contacted me through text right before the OPC news hit, then later said he would get back to me after some meetings and never did. I texted him twice looking for info about any changes being made and he NEVER responded. Just seemed very unprofessional to me.

I'm not trying to single out TSC here, because we had good moments there and many of her HS teammates play there, but I thought she deserved better opportunities and treatment. And this is coming from a parent with super realistic expectations of their kid's abilities and where they should be placed. It's just the ugly side of soccer, where sometimes a few individuals can become the gatekeepers of advancement and development.

One of those coaches keeps recruiting top players from other OPC clubs. I hate to see kids leave WSA or NEOFC just to play on a lower TSC team. Is it ECNL? Most of those kids won't get there. Is this coach developing talent or is he simply recruiting better players.....

At this point, it seems like the best scenario would be for the OSA to dissolve with the rest of the Oklahoma clubs moving to USClub / OPC. OSA has no one else to blame but themselves, really. Piss poor management and flexibility concerning the needs of Oklahoma soccer. Hopefully one day we can all get back on the same page while retaining some level of club diversity in our soccer communities.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by SSD2004 Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:35 pm

BASoccer wrote:At this point, it seems like the best scenario would be for the OSA to dissolve with the rest of the Oklahoma clubs moving to USClub / OPC. OSA has no one else to blame but themselves, really. Piss poor management and flexibility concerning the needs of Oklahoma soccer. Hopefully one day we can all get back on the same page while retaining some level of club diversity in our soccer communities.

I think that will happen naturally if OPC works well; maybe not by OSA choice - but organically.

SSD2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowcard Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:07 pm

BASoccer wrote:Moving on from TSC was a good move for my daughter, coach and team-wise.

Not really happy about the current split in Oklahoma soccer, however. I get the feeling TSC would love to carve up the rest of Blitz and absorb their pool of players. That is just bad for Tulsa soccer, IMO. Too many teams in one age group at one club is not a good thing, at least in my experience. You could probably say the same for OFC. As far as OK Energy goes, it's a merger in name only. Every club has issues with politics, that's just life, but the more people involved the more it seems to present itself.

I had 2 coaches at TSC try and place my kid on another team because they thought she would benefit from playing on a better squad, and that she needed to be a step up. These two instances were separate situations at different times. I never came to them requesting or demanding anything. The end result? One coach said no thanks I have enough (15 man roster) and another contacted me through text right before the OPC news hit, then later said he would get back to me after some meetings and never did. I texted him twice looking for info about any changes being made and he NEVER responded. Just seemed very unprofessional to me.

I'm not trying to single out TSC here, because we had good moments there and many of her HS teammates play there, but I thought she deserved better opportunities and treatment. And this is coming from a parent with super realistic expectations of their kid's abilities and where they should be placed. It's just the ugly side of soccer, where sometimes a few individuals can become the gatekeepers of advancement and development.

One of those coaches keeps recruiting top players from other OPC clubs. I hate to see kids leave WSA or NEOFC just to play on a lower TSC team. Is it ECNL? Most of those kids won't get there. Is this coach developing talent or is he simply recruiting better players.....

At this point, it seems like the best scenario would be for the OSA to dissolve with the rest of the Oklahoma clubs moving to USClub / OPC. OSA has no one else to blame but themselves, really. Piss poor management and flexibility concerning the needs of Oklahoma soccer. Hopefully one day we can all get back on the same page while retaining some level of club diversity in our soccer communities.

That does happen at all clubs... Sometimes the parents think the kids are better than they really are and sometimes the parents have a bad name in the world of soccer and the coaches have been warned to stay away from them. The kid ultimately suffers because of the parents actions in that case. Not saying either of these apply to your situation but sometimes people are oblivious.
Yellowcard
Yellowcard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Soccer 1% Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:08 pm

BASoccer wrote:Moving on from TSC was a good move for my daughter, coach and team-wise.

This current split is not good for soccer. I can argue both sides.

Coaches who focus on recruiting and not development drive me crazy. I've seen it at a lot of clubs. I will say that the Bush brothers at WSA are good developers of talent One of my kid's played for him years ago and I kept up with those girls. He made a lot of quasi small town kids into national level soccer players.

The Soccer 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by BASoccer Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:04 am

SSD2004 wrote:
BASoccer wrote:At this point, it seems like the best scenario would be for the OSA to dissolve with the rest of the Oklahoma clubs moving to USClub / OPC. OSA has no one else to blame but themselves, really. Piss poor management and flexibility concerning the needs of Oklahoma soccer. Hopefully one day we can all get back on the same page while retaining some level of club diversity in our soccer communities.

I think that will happen naturally if OPC works well; maybe not by OSA choice - but organically.

Very, very possible. OSA is just poorly run. Even the little things they do drive me nuts. I mean, is it really that hard to proofread an SRPL invitation list, or release a league schedule on time and not days late.

Yellowcard wrote:

That does happen at all clubs...  Sometimes the parents think the kids are better than they really are and sometimes the parents have a bad name in the world of soccer and the coaches have been warned to stay away from them.  The kid ultimately suffers because of the parents actions in that case.  Not saying either of these apply to your situation but sometimes people are oblivious.  

I hear you man. I definitely don't feel like I push my parental bias on any club or coach. The coach I thought she would play for retired and the team split up.

Some of it's just circumstance, but I'm happy with the move and more importantly she's happy.

The Soccer 1% wrote:

This current split is not good for soccer.  I can argue both sides.  

Coaches who focus on recruiting and not development drive me crazy.  I've seen it at a lot of clubs.  I will say that the Bush brothers at WSA are good developers of talent  One of my kid's played for him years ago and I kept up with those girls.  He made a lot of quasi small town kids into national level soccer players.  

My daughter played at WSA a few years ago. We really liked it there and the Bush family are good people. I also like Coach Wooten a lot, my daughter has been to an NSU camp and he's a genuinely nice person and a good coach. WSA is just too far away for us so we felt the need to make a switch.

BASoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8