Oklahoma Competitive Soccer Forum
The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The administrator of this forum has parked due to disinterest. If you are interested in getting going, text me at 860-880-0655 and I will happily turn over the admin account and domain to you for free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help me grow the forum!
DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA Pixel
Statistics
We have 466 registered users
The newest registered user is Drmorgan554

Our users have posted a total of 6876 messages in 411 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA

3 posters

Go down

DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA Empty DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA

Post by 918soccer Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Looks like DA is cracking down on teams playing outside of league.   

"No Outside Activity/Competitions
To maintain a focus on club training environments, Academy players and teams do not play in any outside competitions without written permission from the U.S. Soccer Development Academy staff. This includes any other leagues, tournaments, State Cup competitions, ODP or All-Star events."

"The Development Academy upholds this rule because we believe elite players require world class environments. The Development Academy’s 10-month Program allows for a greater opportunity to institute style of play and implement a system according to U.S. Soccer’s Development Philosophy. It also gives teams increased opportunities for younger kids in their club to “play up” against older players in both training and matches, thereby accelerating their development."

For the Oklahoma teams hoping to play DA teams in tournaments or scrimmages, it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

918soccer

Back to top Go down

DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA Empty Re: DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA

Post by yoyokix Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Do you think the real reason why is so that the "super elite" DA teams aren't beaten by "lowly" ECNL or club teams?

yoyokix

Back to top Go down

DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA Empty Re: DA teams not allowed to play outside of DA

Post by sooner5 Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am

When was that article put out?

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Recently added to the DA website...

http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview-program-benefits

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by sooner5 Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Ok. Must of been after last weekend. Because the Colorado Rush DA teams played in the Denver Cup last weekend. Or got permission to play

sooner5

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Sooner, does your daughter play on the 04 Celtic team that played in Denver?

918soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down